November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

Before I start, I want to put out a plea to anyone with a 15-17yo girl. My 16yo is horrified that she won't know anyone, so she would love to get mail from a potential friend. She loves One Direction and competitive cheerleading, and has recently started playing around with fingernail art. She is hilarious, sweet, and smart, but doesn't want to get on board until she knows someone her age. :) Email me at dyanne at Mac dot com and I'll forward it to her.

—--------
Hi again, everyone! Thought I would post a note because I started getting REALLY excited for the cruise this morning! (Could be because the kids are FINALLY back in school today...)

I'm on a phone so I can't easily quote anyone, nor can i easily fix typos, but I thought I'd respond to some of the things people have mentioned.

- Regarding excursions, my family rarely does them because we love the relative quiet of the ship on port days. Also, the "fancy" lunch dining option on those days is usually very good.

- Regarding FE gifts: If you're at a loss for what do do, make 'em simple and small! By the end of the week, you'll see why that's a good thing! We usually love the things that represent where people are from, like teeny maple syrup bottles from vermont (my kids still have theirs from 3 years ago!) or a deck of cards from the University of Nebraska. I like it when people put their names on them.

- Regarding packing: bring a clear over-the-door shoe organizer and some cord or shoelaces (so you don't damage the door with the metal hanger pieces they come with). I attach ours to the sliding closet door. In the kids' rooms I assign a row of pockets for each kid that has a hair spot, a deodorant spot, a tooth spot and a whatever spot, plus an extra row for sunscreens, ponchos, etc.
I bring post-it notes and stick one per drawer to list what's inside. My husband drives me crazy, "where's the charger/highlighter/snacks/socks/whatever," so this keeps me sane. I also label the drawers in the kids' room so it minimizes arguments.
Also, don't forget a few chip clips to keep the drapes shut, and several highlighters for the Navigators to mark what you each wanna do that day. Most importantly, bring a sharpie (i like the double-ended with the fine point on one end) because sharpies are awesome.

- Bring a stack of $1 bills or a roll of $1 coins. (bills only if you're flying... Rolls of coins look like a bomb to TSA, I think) These are handy for room service tips or for small shore purchases.

Looking forward to hearing more from you guys!

So, I totally forgot to do my MIL online check-in and port excursions until this morning. She has never cruised before so, I couldn't do any of her stuff until the 75 day mark. Anyways, I was surprised that for online check-in that the 11:30 to 12 slot was still available. We got 11 to 11:30 am since we are Gold. I was expecting she'd have a way later time. So, I guess, not that many people have finished their online check-in information stuff or they don't know how to do it :confused3.

Anyways, I was even able to get all her excursions as well. Now, I just have to link our dining room reservations.

They were sold out of Palo Brunch. She also wanted a spa treatment and they only had a few slots availabe for Absolute SPA Ritual. They only had 8 am, 5 pm and 8 pm slots available on port days (but sold out on Castaway Cay day). Luckily, one of her excursions doesn't start until 12:15 pm so, I was able to get the 8 am time.

Just did my online check in! And I took the 11:30-12 spot! From the sounds of it, not too bad for a first time cruiser. :)

Once the balance is paid, be sure to do your on-line check-in. :thumbsup2

Pin trading can get expensive. If you ever have any interest, go to one of the Disney outlet stores in Orlando and get a few discounted pins to use as traders.

If you haven't been to WDW for Christmas, you have to do it! Actually, all the holiday festivities start over Veteran's Day weekend, when we are going. Disney does Christmas like no one else!! We go to all the parks and a lot of the resorts to check out the decorations. We really like the Osborne Festival of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios. :santa:

Yay!!!! Balance paid! And checked in! 11:30 - 12. :thumbsup2

I have a few pins. But they were my wife's, and have some sentimental value. Don't really want to trade them at this point. Well aware of the cost :scared: I plan to check out some of the outlets. Saw another post about ebay. May check that out as well.

Christmas at Disney is a done deal. It's going to happen. Just need to pick the day. Will most likely be a day when the kids are out of school.

Before I start, I want to put out a plea to anyone with a 15-17yo girl. My 16yo is horrified that she won't know anyone, so she would love to get mail from a potential friend. She loves One Direction and competitive cheerleading, and has recently started playing around with fingernail art. She is hilarious, sweet, and smart, but doesn't want to get on board until she knows someone her age. :) Email me at dyanne at Mac dot com and I'll forward it to her.

I hope it's okay if I jump in on this as well! I have a 7 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. We are taking our first cruise. While they are excited just to be doing the cruise, I know they would be even more excited if they knew they would have some new friends on board. They both love anything fun, and will try almost anything (within reason). Dyanne; guessing 11 may be too young for your daughters, but mine gets along with most anyone. Even older girls. Just throwing it out there. :)

Do we want to include on the first page what day everyone wants to deliver so we can see how spread out the delivers will be? Can help with picking a day to deliver.

I'd like the first day but I can do the second day in the morning.

We kept going back and forth on so many choices for St. Thomas I forgot what we actually booked.:rotfl2: I just checked and through DCL we are booked on the Caribbean Sea Safari.:lmao: Hope you decide on this one. :thumbsup2

We were able to book the Caribbean Sea Safari yesterday! :yay:

Okay, so I was just sent a link to this site by a friend of mine. My two kids and I will be on the November 17th Cruise on the Fantasy. I have been told several times that I will have a lot of time to myself, because the kids will be kept REALLY busy. So what should I do (with all my free time)? Any suggestions?

party: Welcome to the Dis & this cruise ! Can I have your first name and the first name of your kids ? I will add you to the roll call. :)

Last call to join our FE exchange. I will be finalizing the list tonight. I had some last minute additions. Sorry for not getting it out on the 30th like I had promised. I had knee surgery on the 29th and have not been feeling to well.

Thanks, for understanding!!

Thanks Kristin for doing this ! Hope your feeling a little bit better today. :wizard:

So, I totally forgot to do my MIL online check-in and port excursions until this morning. She has never cruised before so, I couldn't do any of her stuff until the 75 day mark. Anyways, I was surprised that for online check-in that the 11:30 to 12 slot was still available. We got 11 to 11:30 am since we are Gold. I was expecting she'd have a way later time. So, I guess, not that many people have finished their online check-in information stuff or they don't know how to do it :confused3.

Anyways, I was even able to get all her excursions as well. Now, I just have to link our dining room reservations.

They were sold out of Palo Brunch. She also wanted a spa treatment and they only had a few slots availabe for Absolute SPA Ritual. They only had 8 am, 5 pm and 8 pm slots available on port days (but sold out on Castaway Cay day). Luckily, one of her excursions doesn't start until 12:15 pm so, I was able to get the 8 am time.

You should be able to get a brunch ....... :wizard: Try and get one as soon as you board.

Do we want to include on the first page what day everyone wants to deliver so we can see how spread out the delivers will be? Can help with picking a day to deliver.

I'd like the first day but I can do the second day in the morning.

What does the group want to do ? :confused3 First I have heard of this. My 2 cents.......I like the surprise of the FE. I like to deliver without people knowing when I am going to deliver. ;) I will go with what the group decides to do.

party: Welcome to the Dis & this cruise ! Can I have your first name and the first name of your kids ? I will add you to the roll call. :)

My name is Stephen, Daughter is Alexys (11) and Son is Andrew (7). Thanks. Where will the meet and greet be?

My name is Stephen, Daughter is Alexys (11) and Son is Andrew (7). Thanks. Where will the meet and greet be?

I have added you to the roll call. It's on the first page post # 2. :goodvibes I don't think the meet & greet has been set-up yet.

Hi everyone, awhile back in an earlier post I agreed to run the Meet and Greet with Kritter's help. Anyone else who'd like to can help us too! Because Day 1 is so busy with people getting on and the muster drill, we were thinking that Day 2 (which is a sea day) would be so much better and might get more people attending.

People have floated out suggestions like meeting in the Vista Cafe or in O'Gills Pub -- both of those venues are on Deck 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions? When I was on the Dream, our meet and greet was up in Currents on Deck 13 but it was so hot, so I think that being some place inside works better.

As to timing, how about 3pm on Day 2? It is a Sea Day and shouldn't interfere with brunches. Or if anyone has a better suggestion on the time of day, please post it here!

I've ordered a large banner with our logo on it, so it will be easy to find us, once we finalize the place and time!

Beth

Hi everyone, awhile back in an earlier post I agreed to run the Meet and Greet with Kritter's help. Anyone else who'd like to can help us too! Because Day 1 is so busy with people getting on and the muster drill, we were thinking that Day 2 (which is a sea day) would be so much better and might get more people attending.

People have floated out suggestions like meeting in the Vista Cafe or in O'Gills Pub -- both of those venues are on Deck 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions? When I was on the Dream, our meet and greet was up in Currents on Deck 13 but it was so hot, so I think that being some place inside works better.

As to timing, how about 3pm on Day 2? It is a Sea Day and shouldn't interfere with brunches. Or if anyone has a better suggestion on the time of day, please post it here!

I've ordered a large banner with our logo on it, so it will be easy to find us, once we finalize the place and time!

Beth

Day 2 probably will be best because day 1 is always too hectic as it is. I'm open to any time or place.

Thank you guys for taking care of all of this. :worship:

Holy Cow, this thread has gone like crazy since the last time I visited it! Must be getting close! :cool1:

I was wondering if anyone knows what the rules of photography aboard the ship are? I am specifically asking about at the shows, and stuff like that. Everywhere else should be fine I imagine.

On our recent Alaskan cruise on the Wonder, they announced that no photography was allowed at all during the shows.

That is what I figured. Too bad. I like low light photography. Oh well. I will take off my photographer hat and just enjoy the shows then. :)

I think they worry about the people who bring their cameras and use their flash, which is annoying to the actors and to the people seated around them. So I guess they figure if they ban it altogether then maybe those types will behave themselves! But double-check with the ushers before the shows, because maybe there is a different policy on the Fantasy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter