November 14, 2015 Fantasy Western

MrsC74

Earning My Ears
I feel like I was waiting forever to move my dummy date to a permanant Fall 2015 cruise. I am so excited to finally book the real cruise that I figured I may as well jump in and start the thread for our cruise :yay:

I am not planning to participate in an FE exchange, so if anyone else wants to take on organizing that, feel free to jump in.

I would like to organize a group meet up at the start of the cruise, and maybe a group mixology class (or some other tasting), but we have a little bit of time to plan all of that ;).

Travelling with me will be my dh, dd(11) & dd(14). My youngest daughter turns 11 on this cruise and she can't wait to hit Edge.

This will be our second Western Fantasy cruise. We were planning to do the Eastern this time because the idea of an extra sea day was appealing. We changed our minds the day before booking opened however, because we wanted to visit Jamaica this time (last time we went to Costa Maya), and we figured if we don't get off the boat on the Grand Cayman day, it will be even better than a sea day, because the boat will be less full :cool1:

We were able to get a corner aft room this time, and I am really looking forward to the large verandah, but if I am being honest, the thing I am looking forward to most is my evening martini in Skyline :rolleyes1

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

We moved our dummy bookings to this cruise too. It's my big 40th birthday bash cruise. It'll be me , my mother, my brother, my nephew (11), my brother's girlfriend and her son (11). I think my father and his girlfriend are booking and a friend of my brother's and his family. It'll be our second western on fantasy too. We've also done eastern. Can't wait. Something like 540 days. Lol.

We moved our dummy bookings to this cruise too. It's my big 40th birthday bash cruise. It'll be me , my mother, my brother, my nephew (11), my brother's girlfriend and her son (11). I think my father and his girlfriend are booking and a friend of my brother's and his family. It'll be our second western on fantasy too. We've also done eastern. Can't wait. Something like 540 days. Lol.

Sounds like fun! I turn 40 next month, and I am just planning the party now. Definitely, won't be as fun as a cruise :)

This will be our first cruise. It will be me, my husband and our daughter, 8. Any tips or suggestions on what to do?

This is only our second cruise so I am still relatively new at all of this. I don't have a ton of advice, but I can tell you what we are doing differently this time.

Last time we really enjoyed the cruise, but the only thing I didn't love was how little flexibility we had in the evenings. We took late dining because the early was too early. We liked to take advantage of the empty pool deck while everyone else was either eating or at the shows, but sometimes I just wanted to chill on our verandah before dinner, and this was difficult because that was the time our stateroom host was cleaning our room. She was nice, but seemed a bit annoyed that we were not at the shows like everyone else. Once we could get back in our room we always had a bit of a mad dash to get ready for dinner and by the time dinner was done, it was pushing 10 pm. Since we were on vacation, I really would have liked more flexibility around when we ate and what we did.

So this time, we plan to eat dinner at Cabanas some nights when we feel like it. We will probably time it up to when our room is being cleaned, but maybe not. We will still go to the main dining room some nights because I did like chatting with our table mates, but we are going to make our decisions day by day, based on what we feel like at the time, as we should on vacation :)

We will be on this cruise as well. It is our first with Disney and we are super excited! We will have 27 in our group. 13 kids, all cousins. Our immediate family however is 6. We are:

Megan (me)
James (husband)
Taye (ds 14)
Jack (ds 11)
Melia (dd 8)
Luke (ds 5)

Those are the ages at cruise time.

We are celebrating my parents 40th anniversary!
I'm excited to be involved in this thread and to participate in fish extenders. That sounds so fun! One thing is for sure...we have plenty of time to plan!!! pixiedust:

It would be so fun to travel with a group of 27! It looks like your two oldest are the same age as mine, although opposite gender :)

It would be so fun to travel with a group of 27! It looks like your two oldest are the same age as mine, although opposite gender :)

Yes! We are so excited!!!
I'm so happy there will be another 14 year old on the ship. Taye is the oldest of all the cousins and will be in there alone. I was worried the teen club would be all closer to college age. I feel a little guilty for pulling him out of his first semester of high school, but family is super important to us and there will be 4 generations on this cruise! My sister has an 11 year old girl that would match up with your dd. She is super fun!

Yes! We are so excited!!!
I'm so happy there will be another 14 year old on the ship. Taye is the oldest of all the cousins and will be in there alone. I was worried the teen club would be all closer to college age. I feel a little guilty for pulling him out of his first semester of high school, but family is super important to us and there will be 4 generations on this cruise! My sister has an 11 year old girl that would match up with your dd. She is super fun!

We had the same thoughts about pulling our daughter out of her first semester of high school. My youngest wanted to wait until she was old enough to go to Edge (she didn't like Oceanears last time), but we have to use our OBB discount before the end of November 2015, so that only left us a 3 week window. This will probably be our last vacation outside of school holidays though. I am also a bit nervous about my daughter going to Vibe because she will have just turned 14. We will definitely have to get all of the kids together at the beginning of the cruise. I will feel better about giving them a little bit of freedom on the cruise if they have friends. In a perfect world my oldest would hang with my youngest at Edge, but I know that likely won't happen.

Our family will be coming on this cruise too! We couldn't wait to change our dummy cruise.....It felt like forever!!! After our honeymoon last year, my hubby was hooked on DCL! Side story, he proposed in WDW at the Rose Garden in 2012 and then we honeymooned in WDW for 5 nights and cruised for 7 nights. Let's just say, after that 2012 trip, he was hooked on Disney!!

We are a group of 10; 8 Adults and 2 children aged 4 and 5.

We will be in #7520, #7521, #7517, #7531

Not sure about doing FE's yet.....

Our family will be coming on this cruise too! We couldn't wait to change our dummy cruise.....It felt like forever!!! After our honeymoon last year, my hubby was hooked on DCL! Side story, he proposed in WDW at the Rose Garden in 2012 and then we honeymooned in WDW for 5 nights and cruised for 7 nights. Let's just say, after that 2012 trip, he was hooked on Disney!!

We are a group of 10; 8 Adults and 2 children aged 4 and 5.

We will be in #7520, #7521, #7517, #7531

Not sure about doing FE's yet.....

Welcome to our small (so far) group. I imagine we will be quiet on here for a while at least.

We had the same thoughts about pulling our daughter out of her first semester of high school. My youngest wanted to wait until she was old enough to go to Edge (she didn't like Oceanears last time), but we have to use our OBB discount before the end of November 2015, so that only left us a 3 week window. This will probably be our last vacation outside of school holidays though. I am also a bit nervous about my daughter going to Vibe because she will have just turned 14. We will definitely have to get all of the kids together at the beginning of the cruise. I will feel better about giving them a little bit of freedom on the cruise if they have friends. In a perfect world my oldest would hang with my youngest at Edge, but I know that likely won't happen.

Hi, Im Taylor, TigerLilyLane's son who will be 14 when we go on this trip. Im excited to go on our first Disney trip and meet you and your family!

Hi, Im Taylor, TigerLilyLane's son who will be 14 when we go on this trip. Im excited to go on our first Disney trip and meet you and your family!

Hi Taylor. My daughter who wil be 14 on the cruise is named Cameron, and she is glad to know that there will someone else her age. I will get her to stop in here and say hi soon.

This is it! Just set the date for this cruise and will be booking tomorrow! I am cruising with my DD, Paiton, age 12. She's so excited to be taking a girl trip with Mom...mom is excited for way more than that!! This will be our 4th Dis cruise and far from the last. They just do it right, ya know?! Never been dissapointed!
This will be our 1st WC cruise and am excited to play in Jamaica! We've been on the magic and wonder and am so ready to be on one of the new ships!
I will have a few friends booking as well...we will probably be the rowdy bunch! Count us in on FE's!! I will be making mine soon, and if anyone needs one made, I just inherited a dandy little sewing machine! We' go all out for Pirate night & I'm sure I'll be at karaoke more than a few nights!
It's never too early for me to start planning a Dis trip! I was born dipped in pixie dust!
See you all REAL SOON!

I still got to pay the difference in deposit but my family will be on this cruise for sure. Learning right now about the fish extensions, but looks like a ton of fun! I have been one on 3 day cruise and took my family on a 4 day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter