Notifications when someone replies/comments?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by kittengal13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. kittengal13

kittengal13 kittengal13

Hi Guys!!! :wave2:

I'm new to DIS and I must say, I'm LOVING it- full of helpful information and friendly people :thumbsup2:

However, I have just made a new post in UK Planning Trip Boards and was wondering if I receive notifications when someone comments on my post or if I've posted on someone elses post and someone has replied to me?

Thank you in advance!

Kitten Gal

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

Welcome!
    Please check out the FAQ thread at the top of this board for information on subscribing to your posts. :)

4. kittengal13

kittengal13 kittengal13

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked this out, but it said all my notifications will be in the yellow box that says Welcome when I sign in- the only notifications I have here is if someone has sent me a private message or posted on my profile. What I need to know is how I know when someone has replied to me e.g. I didn't receive a notification when you replied to my OP, I had to come looking for my post to check for replies :confused3

So, im feeling very stressed and confused, can someone pleaseeeeee put me outta my misery? I will be eternally grateful :worship:

5. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

I believe you read the wrong FAQ. There is a thread stickied at the top of this board called >>FAQ's**FAQ'S** FAQ's<< incl. POSTING PHOTOS and FINDING YOUR POSTS . It explains how to check your account and set it up to send you email notifications or to just check your User CP for them.

Some email providers may mark DIS notification emails as "spam" so you may need to check your Spam/Junk box and if they are there see what your provider needs for it to allow them through. Let me know if you still need help.

6. kittengal13

kittengal13 kittengal13

Thank you for that, it turns out I was looking in wrong FAQ :crazy2:

I have edited my settings, hopefully I've done the right thing LOL!

Thank you again, have a nice day :flower3: