Noticed this at RV show and drives me nuts.....

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Do the RV manufacturers not own shop vacs ?? Almost every RV we went in had construction dirt or debris left in it. I have never bought a car that has plastic from wire ends laying in it, carpet scraps, etc. Made me wonder, if you are willing to ship a dirty unit to the Largest RV show, then what are you shipping to the dealer ? Sadly most of the units had central vacuums in them. Just seems that if you are looking to WOW the buyer you would take that extra step, but apparently not the case.

Do the RV manufacturers not own shop vacs ?? Almost every RV we went in had construction dirt or debris left in it. I have never bought a car that has plastic from wire ends laying in it, carpet scraps, etc. Made me wonder, if you are willing to ship a dirty unit to the Largest RV show, then what are you shipping to the dealer ? Sadly most of the units had central vacuums in them. Just seems that if you are looking to WOW the buyer you would take that extra step, but apparently not the case.

Honestly, we have never experienced this in all the shows we have gone to - hope this is not a new sloppy trend with less attention to detail. Would certainly turn us off. Someone definitely dropped the ball. :(
If they aren't particular at a 'show' what could we expect their 'after' service to be like?

You know it's funny you should mention that. We had just purchased a new TT back in May (or so). After we had it home and were poking through it even more thorough to see where all the maintenance stuff and what not is, I found saw dust under the sink. I went to access the "Pump" area to de-winterize it (had to turn the bypass valves for the hot water heater) and there was saw dust all over there.

I had realized after we got it home that there were ZERO 12V receptacles, so I wanted to install some. Looking for the locations, to mount them, I ended up taking out the built in stereo/DVD player and there was sawdust all around as well as the ends of stripped wires. I also went to install one in the back bedroom in the dresser area which happened to be above the power distribution center. I had to remove some drawers to access the area, and that area too had construction debris in behind the cabinet.

So while I didn't see a whole lot of this type of stuff in the open areas of the the TT, I found a lot of it behind things that probably should NOT have been there. I think that dirt/debris in the open areas is incumbent upon the dealer to address either by cleaning it themselves as a part of doing business or by addressing it with the manufacturer and/or shipping companies. However, there really should be no reason that they (the manufacturer) can't clean up behind their work. I am sure most of the cutting, plumbing, wiring, etc... is done, and then the final trim install is done. Perhaps a "Vacuum" step in between would be prudent. Certainly it would go a long way for making the customers more comfortable that the manufacturers care about their product. Much like you Chris, I have to agree, that I question what else has been sacrificed and will certainly start looking closer at the "Details" of things in the future.

If you've ever been to an RV factory, it's easy to see why there is saw dust in everything. I think they do vacuum up the carpets and flooring, but there is so much in the walls and every recessed area, it seems to work its way out for months.

Not cleaning up after taking it to a huge show is just sloppy and poor practice. When I've been to the STL shows, I have seen shop vacs and regular uprights stashed behind curtains, so somebody here still cares.

j

It was ridiculous between the dirt and boxes left all over from TV's that had been mounted. Some left in closets, some in the storage area. Really,, if it is garbage, throw it out or recycle the cardboard.

Noticed it frequently when touring RVs at dealers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter