~Nothing ever goes right but who cares!?~ TR Completed!!

TR, Christmas, puppies, wedding dresses.
I am looking forward to the rest of your report.

Hey girls... i'm so sorry that i haven't been updating... we had a few family issues, then my dog Duke had a seizure, and its just been one thing after another. Things are starting to get some-what back to normal.
How is everyone?? I've missed being on the DIS and talking to you guys.

Welcome back... sorry to hear about your dog. :grouphug: Hopefully he is doing better.

I can't wait until spring.... I am so sick of this winter. Hopefully this weekend it is suppose to warm up and maybe melt some of this snow:cool1:

I know i'm getting restless in the house all the time. I can't wait until the warm weather finally gets here. I'm trying to remember everythine from my trip so i can keep writing my report and i'm embarressed to say that some of i'm having a hard time with.:guilty: My two favorite highlights were the engagement :lovestruc (obviously) and my CR surprise for adam. I almost think that me giving him that awesome surprise made me happier than the engagement to be honest.:goodvibes I'm going to try and write again soon. Its just been so crazy lately. I feel like i never have time to myself!:laundy:

but quick update on wedding planning,

we've been activly looking at reception halls and so far it is between two places...

the granite rose in Hampstead NH

and

the tewksbury country club in tewksbury MA

If you guys have time check them out and tell me what you think! :thumbsup2

we've also decided on a tentative date of 10/16/2010.

I am also taking a quick poll on our honeymoon..

we are definatly going to disney for our honeymoon and my aunt who is DVC is giving our room to us as our wedding gift... shes the best!

we can't decide between the BWV, BCV, or VWL. I'm leaning toward the BWV because there are things that i've always wanted to do there like the dueling pianos at jellyrolls and its in walking distance to epcot which is out favorite park but he's leaning towards the VWL because thats where we did our carriage ride and got engaged. Let me know what you guys think!

Miss you all! hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!:grouphug:

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely. What a great aunt for the wedding present. As for where to stay I'd go with VWL. We have stayed at BC. BW is in the same area. Nice places but you can hear and feel the booms from Illumanations every night. I mean they are loud. WL is a great place. You can always hop on a bus and head to the boardwalk to do everything you want.

So how is the wedding planning going? October is a great time to get married, not too hot and the weather is usually great.

PS: I vote for WL.... but I am partial since that is where we had our honeymoon:lovestruc

hello ladies!

Quick wedding update....

We have a Date and a Venue!!! :banana: :woohoo:
We will be getting married 10/16/2010 at the granite rose in hampstead NH.
www.graniterose.com check it out and let me know what you think! We got a great deal which includes and wedding cake and centerpieces. Adam and I are so excited! :cloud9:

I also got my wedding dress!! :lovestruc You ladies will love this... I got a 1300$ couture wedding gown for 300$ brand new with the tags still on it!! :woohoo: I am now proclaiming myself the wedding-on-a-budget queen!! I found the dress on ebay by accident and i got it in the mail last thursday! Because it is a couture gown the designer (who is casablanca) doesn't advertise their "diamond collection". Apparently they only make so many of each dress and sell them to certain bridal boutiques. What i could find however was another bride in the same dress. http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/JustAnothrBridezilla
It looks alittle different on me because i'm taller but what do you girls think? It need to be taken in a bit but for 300$ i don't mind paying for alterations!

well i'm off to work! I'll check back later today! Miss you all!

this is a shameless bump:rolleyes1 /notification that i am sitting outside enoying the nice weather with my laptop and i'm writing the next installment of my trip report... it will be up within the hour. :banana:

:sad2: So to be honest... I sadly don't remember as many details as i should from Nov. 5th....
But i can give you girls the basic run down and then move onto Nov. 6th which had some pretty cool events that took place that I remember very well.

After AK we went to BW to have an early dinner at BRBW&B. We had a crazy waiter that reminded me of keanue reeves in bill and teds excellent adventure on speed. :laughing: We ordered some forgetable entrees but had some memorable drinks! We ordered the beer sampler and tried them all... They were deliciouse! :thumbsup2 Wouldn't recommend the food but the drinks...absolutly!
We took a walk around the BW/YC/BC area and looked at both wedding gazebos, one at BW and one at YC. I tried to talk adam into a wedding in disney... failed miserably... but did talk him into a disneymoon :woohoo: SCORE!
We took a ferry boat over to HS where I, as always, Made a complete geek out of myself and showed my true star wars nerdiness. After riding ST we caught the end of the JEDI training show and i stayed to watch and took these amazing pictures...
53251000913_0_ALB.jpg

73251000913_0_ALB.jpg

I begged adam to let me stay and take a picture with a storm trooper... but he said thats where he drew the nerd-line. so we headed over to the back-lot tour. I know we did almost every ride that night...excpet TSM. I do, however, have this awesome memory of going on TT and being in a car with this large family. It looked like 4 young kids (all under 12 i'd guess) two set of adults... the men were definatly brothers... and one set of grandparents. The whole time in line the Grandparents were asking how bad this was... because Grandpa had a bad back, and grandma was reallt scared and these kids kept telling them that it wasn't even scarey! Well they were sitting behind us and let me tell you... this grandma was something else!! First she screamed her heart out but after the second drop she was having just as much fun as the grandkids... it was awesome... adam and I laughed so hard! After the ride we told the grandma she was the coolest grandmas we've seen the whole trip!:thumbsup2
So that was pretty much the extent of my memories from Nov. 5th. i'm going to start writing my next installment tonight... it maybe up today or tomorrow night. I want to take my time with it only because i do have such good memories. :cloud9: (and lots of pictures!)
Talk soon!

I am sooo excited for you!! I just found your TR from your poll on which villa. I soo was crying when I read the engagement part of your story, such a beautiful moment for you!! I have finals this week but instead of studying I decided to read your entire TR so far..lol..And I noticed in your picture of Toby that you could see a ring!! Is that your engagement ring? If so that is very pretty!! I can't wait to hear more about the rest of your trip and I am loving the wedding planning. And I checked out where you are getting married at and that is soo pretty. I look forward to reading more!! :cool1:

welcome vroom!!! Glad you like my TR!

I'm still working on nov. 6th... our last full day in the world. Don't spend too much time on my TR and study for those exams!

Told ya I'd pop in...:)
well here I am!:goodvibes

OMG-- I saw the link to the dress like yours... it is so gorgeous!!! I totally would've picked it too!!! I love it!:lovestruc
The Granite Rose looks beautiful--- you will be so pretty getting married there.:love:

How's the house coming along? All your boxes unpacked and everything straight?

How are things with your Mom???

Sorry i've been MIA...

I'm really dying to get back to WDW- but we are waiting til next year--- finances, you know!:eek:

As for where you should spend your Honeymoon- I've never even been to any of those places-- but I AM partial to the WL.:love: I love it over there. Very peaceful (ie...romantic) and not a busy, lots going on- type atmosphere.

Seriously though... no matter where you are-- it will all be special b/c you'll be in love.

Awwwww.

:cloud9:

Jo:hug:

Told ya I'd pop in...:)
well here I am!:goodvibes

OMG-- I saw the link to the dress like yours... it is so gorgeous!!! I totally would've picked it too!!! I love it!:lovestruc
The Granite Rose looks beautiful--- you will be so pretty getting married there.:love:

How's the house coming along? All your boxes unpacked and everything straight?

How are things with your Mom???

Sorry i've been MIA...

I'm really dying to get back to WDW- but we are waiting til next year--- finances, you know!:eek:

As for where you should spend your Honeymoon- I've never even been to any of those places-- but I AM partial to the WL.:love: I love it over there. Very peaceful (ie...romantic) and not a busy, lots going on- type atmosphere.

Seriously though... no matter where you are-- it will all be special b/c you'll be in love.

Awwwww.

:cloud9:

Jo:hug:

Thanks for popping in JO! :hug:

I'm glad you like my dress! I'm so in love with it... i walk by the closet that its in and if adams not around i poke my head in and look. :cloud9: I like that is different and not the same old wedding dress. I cant believe that i got it on EBAY for that price! I look around for it online and the amount of money people were charging was INSANE!!!:scared: So needless to say i'm psyched about it!

The Granite rose is so pretty! I honestly thought that paying for the wedding ourselves would limit it us BIG TIME! This place was great... the women who showed us around actually worked for disney and spent an hour talking to us about things we should do on our disneymoon! :laughing: She was very accomodating and was one of the only people we met who was willing to work with our small budget and guest list. I'm getting my wedding cake and centerpieces included in the package!:woohoo: Its very woodsey too which will be nice in October... nice foliage!

The house is coming along... we've redone the family room downstairs, the master bedroom, and painted the upstairs formal living room. we also put in a new chandelier in the foyer. o0o0o0o I have a foyer! :rotfl2: Adam is now working on the upstairs bathroom... we completely gutted it (thank goodness!) and so far we bought a nice new kohler tub and installed it, bought tile backboard and put it around the walls of the tub so we can tile that area and this weekend we'll put that tile backboard down on the floor so we can tile that. I stand there like this :confused: while i watch adam do most of the work... thank goodness he's handy! Once its all done it should be really pretty... Adam got his inspiration from the AKV bathroom actually. :idea:

As for my mom, we haven't spoken much since christmas... lots of issues since then that have caused a severe rift in the family. :sad2: Shes been like this my whole life unfortunatly and its very hard to deal with someone who has the types of issues she has. Thankfully i have the support of Adam, and my sisters who are also going through the same thing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger though!

Sadly Adam and I won't be back to the World this year either... saving up for the wedding and home renovations are holding us back from any vacations this year... but thats ok. It'll jsut make me apprecaite my Disneymoon even more! :love:

Well i better get back to work! I'm so glad you're back JO! :hug:

Love the dress:lovestruc and the place for your reception looks great.:thumbsup2

Great to hear all your wedding plans are moving along. We honeymooned in Disney and it was the best. I couldnt imagine going anywhere else.

I just happened upon this report by chance, and I'm really enjoying it! Sorry your engagement surprise was ruined, but it sounds like it was still very sweet and special! I'm looking forward to the next installment :)

Finally!! Alright last full day of our amazing trip! :banana:

November 6th 2008

Again I don’t remember much of that morning. What I do remember is waking up thinking that it was our last full day and fighting back tears! :sad1: I mean who’d want to leave? We had just got engaged, were staying in this amazing hotel (shameless plug for AKV if you never tried it there… please do!!!) had great weather, and crowds were amazingly light! I remember we went down to the pool area to have breakfast at the MARA. We went early that morning to HS to get a FP for TSM. We took it pretty slow that day, did a few rides and walked around enjoying ourselves… we watched the street performers and had a good laugh. We finally could go back to TSM and even the FP line was long… good grief! I have to say that it was pretty cool! I beat Dfi!!!! YESSS!!!!:thumbsup2

After TSM we left HS and I waved bye to the sorcerer’s hat because I knew we wouldn’t be coming back again this trip. :sad2: So sad! We took the boat over to EPCOT where we had an ADR at CR. If I haven’t mentioned this before I was pretty psyched for this… I had a personalized menu AND a diver set up for Dfi. :cloud9: We got to the check in desk alittle early but figured that maybe they’d be able to get us in. after we checked in Dfi had to use the little boys room and I seized the opportunity and went back over to the hostess. I asked her is everything was all set and she winked and showed me the menu with our pictures on it! I was so happy! She said she was just waiting for a table next to the tank to open up and she’d seat us. A whole 5 mins later our buzzer went off.

We had never been to CR and once we got into the dinning room my jaw hit the floor… it was amazing!:eek: I had never seen anything like it. We were seated right up to the fish tank! Our host handed Dfi his menu and said “ I think you’ll find a magical surprise in there!” Dfi opened it and couldn’t believe it. He had no idea!
93251000913_0_ALB.jpg

Our waiter came and I ordered a Bahama Mama and Dfi ordered a beer. We were sitting there waiting for our food when the diver came over. He had the sign I had made for Dfi!!! While he held up the sign another diver came by and sprinkled sea shells from above to look like confetti. Everyone was “aweing” and the diver wrote on his little etch-a-sketch to kiss… so we kissed and everyone in the whole resturante started clapping for us! :lovestruc (ok so I’m crying all over again thinking about it) I couldn’t contain myself.
24251000913_0_ALB.jpg

44251000913_0_ALB.jpg

I felt that was even better than the engagement! He was beat red of course and kept thanking me. A little boy came over to our table and said “congratulations!” then ran away! Hahaha… it was awesome. I couldn’t control myself the whole dinner. (which by the way try the grilled mahi mahi, it was amazing… I licked the plate clean!)

After dinner we hung out around EPCOT for a while before heading back to the AKV to pack up some of our stuff. After packing we headed down to the bar got a few drinks and did some animal watching and sat by the fire. I couldn’t have been happier, and to this day I doubt anything will make me happier than our wedding.:love:

Alright well I need to go get control of myself and wash my face before he thinks I’m crazy! Oh and I recently found out that they stopped the divers at CR… how come?? I think it is one of the coolest things Disney does! Anyone know why they did that??:confused3

I just happened upon this report by chance, and I'm really enjoying it! Sorry your engagement surprise was ruined, but it sounds like it was still very sweet and special! I'm looking forward to the next installment :)

Welcome Princess K! I'm glad you like my TR! I hope you'll continue with me once this becomes my wedding journal! :goodvibes

bump/quick update....

I have a wedding photographer! Im going to have engagement photos taken in May! Woohoo!!! more to come later...

Aww... I love how you spent your last day.;) Its always so sad to leave.

We haven't even left for Disney and I am already getting depressed that I wont have anything to plan when we get home.:sad1:

Aww... I love how you spent your last day.;) Its always so sad to leave.

We haven't even left for Disney and I am already getting depressed that I wont have anything to plan when we get home.:sad1:

I know! :sad2: I swear there needs to be a support group of some kind for us! :grouphug:
I'm so bummed i won't be able to go again this year. I just can't get enough Disney! People at work think i'm nuts and ask why i don't go anywhere else for my vacations. Which i do every now and then, i've done Virginia beach, US and IOA, i've been to maryland and the NH mountains. I'm just not the type to go to an island and just lay around i guess. I'd get really bored! Not that i need to explain myself to anyone! I LOVE Disney and i think its the best vacation spot so there!:snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter