~Nothing ever goes right but who cares!?~ TR Completed!!

Welcome to you too! What part of MA are you in!? Adam and I grew up on the North Shore and just moved to Seabrook NH in Sept. I did get on theknot today and was looking at some idea's for engagement parties. I'm excited to throw one as well as plan the wedding!

I live on the South Shore but grew up in Wells Maine.

My husband was planning on proposing in Disney but got to nervous about bringing the ring through security at the airport for the fear of having security saying something. But instead we just celebrated!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip and good luck planning your wedding!

OMG how utterly romantic!!! I am bawling over here....and so excited! what awesome memories!! woo hoo!!

and don't worry about etiquette....surround yourself with people who love you for who you are and don't care about all that bs....they aren't your true friends if they can't support you no matter what! and really..there is no real "to do" except what YOU want to do. i have seen so many bridezillas - hwo much fun is that for you?

and remember...it's only 3-4 hours to "perform" in front of others on your day...the real stuff starts afterwards!!

My daughter just got married and if I do say so myself we did a awesome job with her wedding. As another poster mentioned, the Knot is a great information source, and I was telling my daughter, another Dis'er about your story and she said 'Of course, she can give her own engagement party!!! You just can't host your own shower LOL" so go for it! I loved planning her wedding so ask away, I'll chime in :)

OMG how utterly romantic!!! I am bawling over here....and so excited! what awesome memories!! woo hoo!!

and don't worry about etiquette....surround yourself with people who love you for who you are and don't care about all that bs....they aren't your true friends if they can't support you no matter what! and really..there is no real "to do" except what YOU want to do. i have seen so many bridezillas - hwo much fun is that for you?

and remember...it's only 3-4 hours to "perform" in front of others on your day...the real stuff starts afterwards!!

Awe kmores!!! lol I'm glad someone else feels the same way. I figure we're paying for it and both families are alittle kookey... lets just have fun with it! :laughing: I will NOT be turning into bridezilla... i can promise you ALL that. :bride:

My daughter just got married and if I do say so myself we did a awesome job with her wedding. As another poster mentioned, the Knot is a great information source, and I was telling my daughter, another Dis'er about your story and she said 'Of course, she can give her own engagement party!!! You just can't host your own shower LOL" so go for it! I loved planning her wedding so ask away, I'll chime in :)

YAY! I'm glad i'm not appauling too many people! HAHAHA. Please feel free to chime in at anytime. I was actually on the knot a few mins ago and they evern have their own wedding gown cataloge and favors and vendor lists. Its awesome! I never knew it exhisted!

Get your ideas form the knot, and then pop over to ebay, for one. My daughter fell in love with this certain dress in Brides, which she got from the library, so it was almost a year old. Well, of course, it had to be that dress!! We went to the store, found the dress, they told us it was discontinued, (last years model, how can you tell the difference, its a wedding dress!) but they might still be able to get it, and so I went home, jumped on the internet, and found the dress, brand new, from an online bridal store for $400.00 less! So, get your ideas, and then research, research, research. Oh, and if you go on the message boards, some of those brides are pretty *****y, so be prepared :)
Loved your engagement story, reminded me of my own daughter's. Congratulations!!!

Katie-
what a sweet story...I think if I knew "IT" was coming, I would be soooo nervous too. You are extremely lucky to have a romantic man!!!

Katie-
what a sweet story...I think if I knew "IT" was coming, I would be soooo nervous too. You are extremely lucky to have a romantic man!!!

Yes i am truely blessed. I think about the state my life is in right now and i don't know what i did to deserve it...:goodvibes
I'd like to think that is karma coming back to me for dealing with my family and their B.S. but thats for a different kind of a report... a psych report! :lmao:
I'm not one to fall head over heels for guys because if anything ever happened its friends and family that are really there for you but with him i feel completely at ease. I'm very lucky... he's a keeper!:thumbsup2

oh and siesta!!!! i just noticed your ticker!!! Lucky duck you're leaving for the world in 2 days!!! :woohoo: :banana: Where are you staying? are you going to do a TR?

Day two!
We got to the big drop and started going up and up and up. We were just about to go down and I threw my hands up, not knowing that Adam wanted to do a cute “kiss” picture and I punched him square in the mouth. :headache: :
Katie you are so gosh darn cute!!!!!!!!!:rotfl: I can't believe that you hit him----:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: If he ever brings it up-- just tell him that it was in advance fo every day he's a PITA for the next 50 years--- you just got it in early.:rotfl2:
And the burn- I remember when it happened--- holy moley!

Day Three
l… I was going to throw up he had the ring in his pocket.

Hahaha anytime anything big happens around me--- I have to throw up. Seriously.

I knew the story already but OMG--- so sweet. Adam gets the sweet Fiancee award!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I think it's cool you're having your own Engagement party. :lovestruc

Now hurry up and set a date!!!:lovestruc

Jo

Jo! I'm so glad you're back!:woohoo: Yes the splash mountaint punch in the face was priceless. I couldn't stop laughing... three hours later we were in line for Peter Pan and i just happened to think about it in my head and laughed out loud. :laughing:

He defiantly gets the Best Fiance award! His BFF Steve is taking his wife on a little winter weekend away up in the mountains and they are going on a horse drawn sleigh ride and i said how cute that was but that my carriage ride was better! He started joking around with me and said he couldn't believe that i even remembered the carriage ride and i said "of course i remember it! Do you want to read my TR? I'm reliving it actually and telling all the girls on the DIS!" He got all embarressed but i assured him that you guys think he's the cats pajamas! :thumbsup2

I also will be picking a date soon. I would like to do a late september he would like to do mroe of a late october/novemeber wedding. I'm trying to talk him out of it because we went to a wedding on october 19th and a cold front came through and we were all frezzing! September is alittle on the warmer side. But we'll see... we will have a date by the end of december though. Promise!

well hopefully you will be able to change your title for the wedding planning for this thread to a more positive one!!

and *I* think he is the cat's pajamas!

and *I* think he is the cat's pajamas!

I will let him know that you especially think he's the cats pajamas Kmores!

Get read for a rant about how I can't stand my family now..... BOTH of my sisters bailed on me today... should've known. :sad2: They're 19 and 16... you'd think they'd be able to keep a schedule of their activities by now, but apparently only mature people do that :rolleyes1 (starting to see what i mean about my family?) I was really hoping they'd come over to help plan the engagement party today too because i spoke with my mother yesterday and she didn't mention anything that had to do with the engagement OR even ask how i was recovering from my oral surgery... which i'm not recovering well apparently i have "dry socket":confused3 which is why i'm still experiencing pain and its not fun. Instead my mom told me about her boyfriends (yes she has two... IMMATURE!!!!) and how she had to go to court to get a restrainning order on her ex.... Like i need this drama!!! :mad: Sometimes when i talk to her i feel like i'm back in high school. Can i just say i'm glad i'm the "black sheep" in this family?

Anyway i went to CVS got Modern Bride Magazine. My plan for today is to do a nice big clean of the house and then start reading through the magazine and see if i can find any ideas for the engagement party. :lovestruc Oh and i think we've picked a date....

10/10/2010 Perfect huh? Adam said he likes that date because he'll never forget our anniversary!:lmao: he's always thinking! It hasn't been set in stone yet and the only thing that is making me alittle leary is that its columbus day weekend. How are crowds going to be on our disneymoon???:rolleyes: Other than that it would be good because 10/10 is a sunday and people won't have to worry about going to work the next day. I also found a place that we are going to go take a look at sometime in the next two weeks. They have an awesome deal where if you have 75 or more people its 23.95$ per person and it includes....

~4 course dinner
~personal host/hostess (to attend every need)
~Outdoor flower garden and luxuriouse bridal room and floral photographs, complete with complimentary champagne and cheese tray
~Exquisite tiered wedding cake with cake knife and server
~Engraved crystal toast glasses and napkins
~stunning floral centerpieces for each table
~Wide selection of linens
~champagne toast
~deluxe 10 passenger limo service for bride (gratuity included)
~A wide selection of invitations, reply cards, reception cards and place cards (I didn't even know you'd need this many "cards')
~Guest book and plume pen
~rental room fees and 18% house fee
~Bar service
~free coat check and parking

It sounded like a pretty good deal to me!! 75*23.95=1796.25 :yay: Not insanely expensive!!!:woohoo: My co-workers have been there for a wedding and they both said it was very very nice. I also spoke to the wedding co-ordinator there and she sounded very nice and told me to give her a call when we were ready to come in for an appointment. What do you girls think?

I just read your whole story and it made me cry! :) What a great proposal! I can't believe the airport security did that, but everything sounds like it turned out perfectly :cool1: Can't wait to hear about your wedding plans and I'll be more than happy to offer any advice I can give! :goodvibes

I just read your whole story and it made me cry! :) What a great proposal! I can't believe the airport security did that, but everything sounds like it turned out perfectly :cool1: Can't wait to hear about your wedding plans and I'll be more than happy to offer any advice I can give! :goodvibes

Hi jen! Thanks for coming! I just clicked on the link in your sig and read your proposal story and i just cried!! :) We'are all a bunch of saps around here! :rotfl:

I just read your TR!! I think that if the security people at the airport ever called the ring out, my DFiance would've beat that man to a pulp!

Your story is so sweet!!! :lovestruc

DFiance and I are having an Escape Wedding in 2010 (probably) and I must admit, the girls on the Wedding board are so incredibly helpful, so don't worry! If your family bails on the planning, we are here! :grouphug:

That package sounds really good! Keep us updated!

I just read your TR!! I think that if the security people at the airport ever called the ring out, my DFiance would've beat that man to a pulp!

Your story is so sweet!!! :lovestruc

DFiance and I are having an Escape Wedding in 2010 (probably) and I must admit, the girls on the Wedding board are so incredibly helpful, so don't worry! If your family bails on the planning, we are here! :grouphug:

That package sounds really good! Keep us updated!

Awe rora i'm glad you joined! :hug: DF and I keep going back and forth on whether we should do the normal wedding or do something like a disney escape wedding then have a party with family after. Its hard with our families. Mine because they are who they are and his because there are so few of them. The place i was talking about in the previouse post had an awesome deal but we'd need 75 people minimum... i tried to make a 75 person guest list and failed miserably. :guilty: I think i got it to only 48. I'll definatly keep everyone updated I'm still hoping for 10/10/2010 as our wedding date but we'll see. :lovestruc

What month are you and your DF planning on getting hitched??

Hey can't wait to read more!!! How did you like staying at AKV? We are staying there in May for our 1 year anniversary and can't wait.

Chef Mickeys is so much fun and so cute isn't it?

SO are you going to have a Disney wedding?

Hello fellow New Englander! Just read your trip report and congrats on the engagement. We honeymooned in Disney (it was DH's first trip) and we had the time of our life.

Planning for the wedding is fun, but the honeymoon is even better:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter