Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR! Update 5/3 p. 28 COMPLETED!

We didn't use our DVC points so I'm thinking it'll get booted there. Don't want to irritate that powers that be. :angel: ;)

Maybe the West or the Community Board but that board moves too fast.

Maybe the West might be the better fit.

At the bolded! Yes you are already going to come out here and have a pixie dust filled experience!

I'm just trying to make sure the pixie dust doesn't go to waste!

Plan you trips girls!!!!!!!!!!

At the bolded! Yes you are already going to come out here and have a pixie dust filled experience!

I'm just trying to make sure the pixie dust doesn't go to waste!

Plan you trips girls!!!!!!!!!!

When am I gatecrashing your party? :rolleyes1

When am I gatecrashing your party? :rolleyes1

Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before!

I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!

Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before!

I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!

Sadly, no trips on the horizon this year. But you never know.

At the bolded! Yes you are already going to come out here and have a pixie dust filled experience! I'm just trying to make sure the pixie dust doesn't go to waste! Plan you trips girls!!!!!!!!!!

You're the most patient soul putting for up with my shenanigans! Have I ever told all you ladies how much you make me smile?

Now that Gabby has her Starbucks job and her nannying gig this summer, planning around her isn't going to work. I'm just going to plan and she can decide what's worth taking off for.

On another note, guess who'll be back in Vegas in mid-March for soccer with Joshua? This girl. Michael was going to take him and the girls so I could maybe do another bday weekend like last year with Sadee and visit Alison and my gf Shannon but now he's working an A&F job. :( I'm not the happiest camper.​

Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before! I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!

Do it PIO! :woohoo: Does your DH travel to the states a lot for business?​

You're the most patient soul putting for up with my shenanigans! Have I ever told all you ladies how much you make me smile?

Now that Gabby has her Starbucks job and her nannying gig this summer, planning around her isn't going to work. I'm just going to plan and she can decide what's worth taking off for.

On another note, guess who'll be back in Vegas in mid-March for soccer with Joshua? This girl. Michael was going to take him and the girls so I could maybe do another bday weekend like last year with Sadee and visit Alison and my gf Shannon but now he's working an A&F job. :( I'm not the happiest camper.​

I'm sorry :( is it over your birthday, cause that's coming up quick!

Her husband works for a US company and she's been known to piggy back on his hotel room on the company's tab. That way the trip only costs airfare and incidentals. That's how she came to spend a couple nights with me. Met him at LAX and continued together up north.

I'm sorry :( is it over your birthday, cause that's coming up quick!

My birthday is the weekend before but I can't take off that much time as the cruise is just two weeks after. I love Joshua's tournaments but this one was Michael's turn. He was hopefully going to take Joshua and the girls but alas I'm going. It'll be fun but not exactly what I had in mind for my bday. It's all good.​

We need to coordinate a girls weekend!

Jill in CO

We do! I think we'd all have a blast.

I've tried twice now to make one with Cynthia but life gets in the way. I find I'm becoming a better last minute planner. :faint: Michael's schedule is so insane and so last minute, I'm trying to navigate it but dang it's hard sometimes.

Her husband works for a US company and she's been known to piggy back on his hotel room on the company's tab. That way the trip only costs airfare and incidentals. That's how she came to spend a couple nights with me. Met him at LAX and continued together up north.

Its so cool she got to stay with you, Fran, and the kitties. How's Olga?

I got to go to Nantucket on a piggy back with Michael. I'm all about the piggy back. Oink. Oink. He's in Santa Barbara right now with A&F, the other A&F. :rotfl2: I wish I was with him. Their resort is insane.​

Its so cool she got to stay with you, Fran, and the kitties. How's Olga?

I got to go to Nantucket on a piggy back with Michael. I'm all about the piggy back. Oink. Oink. He's in Santa Barbara right now with A&F, the other A&F. :rotfl2: I wish I was with him. Their resort is insane.​

Olga is on a 2 week "wait and see". We are hoping we can schedule her Ultrasound sooner rather than later, but all the doctors are at a conference. We have an appointment tomorrow as our doctor is back and we will talk to her schedule an ultrasound. Why wait on the blood test when we can just run the ultrasound and find out for sure.

:(

Maybe you can negotiate a double trip to make up for the bday weekend. :thumbsup2

He used to travel at least twice a year. Then the GFC......nothing. :sad1:

:thumbsup2

We need to coordinate a girls weekend!

Jill in CO

Olga's bed is going to be awfully squeezy!

Olga is on a 2 week "wait and see". We are hoping we can schedule her Ultrasound sooner rather than later, but all the doctors are at a conference. We have an appointment tomorrow as our doctor is back and we will talk to her schedule an ultrasound. Why wait on the blood test when we can just run the ultrasound and find out for sure.

I hope you get to "see" more than "wait". :hug:

I'm glad you've got an appointment tomorrow. :goodvibes Sending love to my/our wingmate.​

:(

Maybe you can negotiate a double trip to make up for the bday weekend. :thumbsup2

Here's hoping for some sort of Disneyland fix whether by hook, by crook, or by guilt. ;)

He used to travel at least twice a year. Then the GFC......nothing. :sad1:

Whats GFC?​

Olga's bed is going to be awfully squeezy!

I hope you get to "see" more than "wait". :hug:

::yes:: On both counts. Hope you get some info sooner than later. Waiting is torture. :hug:

I woke up very early today. Can you guess why? Because I'm going to Disneyland!!!! You'd think after nearly 45 years and too many visits to count I wouldn't get so goofy excited but I do. Every. Single. Time. pixiedust:

I knew the GCV would transfer our luggage to the DLH because remember, I'm the queen of the spilt stay. :blush: Check out time wasn't until 11:00 but Disneyland's hours were 9-midnight. I was Dec. 20 and tomorrow was Chloe's 15th birthday. Today we'd celebrate her big day, número 15, at Disneyland.

With just another one dayer at the Happiest Place on Earth, we all chose a favorite that we couldn't live without and planned from there.

My clan was completely passed out and I was wide awake by 6:00 and over to the DLH by 6:30 to check in. I thought it'd be much easier for me to go over alone than to drag everyone over with me or even worse leave to check in later.

I left the GCV and headed to the DLH through DTD. I think there couldn't have seen but 3 people on my way over. The sky was bright blue without a cloud in the sky. :cloud9:

The tree at the ice rink in DTD:

null_zpsa1228491.jpg

Look, the streets are still wet from the morning wash down:

null_zpsf290e5fb.jpg

I'm getting closer:

null_zps3f02be1c.jpg

And closer:

null_zps9a75fd42.jpg

Once inside the lobby, there was a small line. I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. Isn't this the cutest tree. It's so old school:

null_zps7aa77e2e.jpg

And have you ever seen cuter chairs? I love these!

null_zps30b2748f.jpg

Side view of the cutest tree ever:

null_zpsc0118aa0.jpg

Once it was my turn, I spoke with the sweetest CM. I don't recall his name now but I did leave a letter of compliment that morning.

Lo and behold, our room was ready. I had asked for the Adventure Tower and a DTD view and our CM did the best he could. After checking in, I ran up to see the room, quickly, as I needed to get back to wake up my crew. It wasn't the greatest view but it wasn't of the parking lot either. It was of DTD though just on the 2nd floor not the 4th so we saw more trees than DTD but I was happy. Still no complaining here as I paid for a standard view when I booked using our DVC points. Score!

A sideways map of the DLH:

null_zps91288630.jpg

The hotel happenings:

null_zpsc34ecc50.jpg

And the Magical Times:

null_zps6d513d32.jpg

I was back to the villa by 7:20 and woke everyone up. They bounced up, showered, and we called bell services. They came and got our luggage within no time and we were on our way. :teeth:

I didn't get any more photos of the the GCV this morning. We had Disneyland on the brain! The plan this morning was the same, to go to Guest Services, pick up and pay for our one day/one park pass. This is the way to go on short trips. I had no idea how fun and stress free not hopping can be.

I went ahead while Michael and the kids stopped to grab coffees, juice, and a pastry. I passed on the pastry. I don't love Disney pastries.

Look what I have:

null_zpse41045ef.jpg

The rest met me in line about 10 minutes before opening.

So here is where the story gets GOOD!

As we are chatting and enter through the turnstiles, go under the left side of the bridge, and start slowly down Main St, I spot the CANDY CANE line. I had read that they might do candy canes today but totally spaced it. We were at the end of Main St near the Emporium when it hit me. I literally ran to the Candy Palace and they still had wrist bands. I seriously could have died from happiness right there. I have wanted one of these for years. Literally.

So here's the deal with the candy canes. You can get one per wristband at $12.99 a cane. I didn't want to be greedy but really wanted two so both Michael and I got wrist bands. I was so happy and the CM was so cool. The CM seemed to appreciate my excitement. My kids were a little embarrassed but guess who didn't care? ME! Gabby told me that two ladies walked by and made fun of me for being so excited. Whatever. It's not my issue if they don't get it like the rest of us.

Green wrist bands securely around my happy little wrist it was time to hit some rides. Our must-dos included HMH, Splash, IASW, Space, and Indy.

Gotta make the kids breakfast.....be back with more.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter