Not sure why this has affected me so much...

jazzmac

Earning My Ears
I'm a lurker who listens to the show every week. When I read that Bob had passed it was a shock. I was very upset and couldn't understand why, I had never met these people I only listened to them on my ipod. Now that some time has passed it becoming more clear.

I choose to bring these people into my life. Its not like radio or television where you don't chose the content. I went out of my way to find this show and now these people in my ipod are like friends to me. You know about these peoples lives in a very intimate way, when their sick, how their family is, everything is out in the open.

I think what I'm getting at is as when someone close to you passes you regret not saying some things you want to. So to Bob and all the podcast team, I just want to say thank you for the joy and laughter you bring to us every week, I just wish I had said it sooner.

So when Bawb finally manuvers the kaht through the gates of heaven, he will make it a much more MAGICAL place.

Rest in peace Bob and thank you once again.

Jazzmac,

I completely agree with you. I also have been a lurker here for a while and I love the pod cast. I felt such shock and emotion when I read about what happed that I really had to wonder how I could feel this way about people that I had never met. Then I realized that in a way you really feel like you are part of this group of friends because the group is so welcoming and they invite you into their lives.

You will be missed Bawb my thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Bella

I could not agree more. I too was a lurker and joined today. I feel like they are my friends too. I actually went to a meet they had in December at the Dolphin and it was great to match faces to names. I spoke with Bawb for quite awhile as he showed me how to hook up lights to my grandfather's "kaht". I'm from Maine originally and I live in Jersey now so hearing Bawb on the podcast always brought a smile to my face. When I heard the news on another podcast, I got up out of my bed and raced to the computer to see if it was true. I truly could not believe it....I actualy cried at my computer. My husband came down and asked what was wrong and I just pointed at the screen. He does not "get it" but just sat with me while I read in disbelief.....

Rest in peace, Bawb. We will miss you....:flower3:

Well said. I think this is what makes the DIS and the DIS UNPLUGGED such a special thing to have in our lives.

We are all important in our own unique way and being able to connect here is truly a blessing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter