Not sure if this belongs here or on Restaurant forum but...

MammaMoe48

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of booking the Fantasmic dining package but I'm not quite sure how it works, Disney's website never seems to be very specific with it's descriptions.

On the website it states that the package includes VIP tickets to the show with the meal. So can you eat at any restaurant or is there a specific restaurant you must eat at for the show?

Secondly, is there a special section for the people who bought the dining package where they will be guaranteed a seat? I know specific seats aren't assigned and that the earlier you show up the better the seats you can choose from, but I don't want to pay for it and then be turned away because there's no room.

Thanks.

Not sure about the seating but the last I knew it was just Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Hollywood and Vine that had a Fantasmic dining package.

You are sitting in the center section of the arena. But you still have to get there before they open it up to general seating. The usual recommendation is to get to Fantasmic about 30 minutes prior to showtime if you have the dining package. Depends on crowd levels.

If you are on the dining plan I believe Brown Derby requires 2 TS credits and the others only 1. We ate at Mama Melrose for lunch on the DP for the show. That's a pretty good deal since it includes appetizer AND dessert which a normal 1 TS credit does not. At least it was that way in 2013.

We were thinking of booking the Fantasmic dining package but I'm not quite sure how it works, Disney's website never seems to be very specific with it's descriptions.

On the website it states that the package includes VIP tickets to the show with the meal. So can you eat at any restaurant or is there a specific restaurant you must eat at for the show?

Secondly, is there a special section for the people who bought the dining package where they will be guaranteed a seat? I know specific seats aren't assigned and that the earlier you show up the better the seats you can choose from, but I don't want to pay for it and then be turned away because there's no room.

Thanks.
As PP said, the restaurants are Mama Melrose, Hollywood and Vine, and Broen Derby. But, you can't just make a regular reservation -- you have to book the Fantasmic package. Those are bookable online or on the phone, and at all but Hollyeood and Vine, it includes an appetizer, entree, and dessert. (H&V is a buffet.)

The package gets you into the best section of seats, but they aren't reserved, so you probably need to be there around 30 minutes early, as they can start opening that section up to regular guests about 20 minutes before the show.

Not sure about the seating but the last I knew it was just Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Hollywood and Vine that had a Fantasmic dining package.
After I posted, I remembered that part. We are paying OOP and are fine with getting there early, I just don't want to not get a seat.

OK, funny thing. I went to see about making a reservation for the dining package and the latest time offered is 4 p.m. but the show doesn't start until 9. Is there a reason why they don't have later dinner times? I was hoping to eat at around 6 - to be done no later than 8 with plenty of time to get to the theater before 8:30.

OK, funny thing. I went to see about making a reservation for the dining package and the latest time offered is 4 p.m. but the show doesn't start until 9. Is there a reason why they don't have later dinner times? I was hoping to eat at around 6 - to be done no later than 8 with plenty of time to get to the theater before 8:30.

Perhaps the later times are already taken? You could call and see if they have something not available online.

Fantasmic Dining packages are for the lull times to fill the restaurant between lunch and dinner. They just happen to include the Fantasmic voucher. ;)

Fantasmic Dining packages are for the lull times to fill the restaurant between lunch and dinner. They just happen to include the Fantasmic voucher. ;)

I'm sure odd between times are easier to get, but traditional dining times definitely exist. I've had a 5:45 Fantasmic dinner and a 5:30 (both at Hollywood and vine). They must have booked already before you checked. I'd stalk the dining page or phone number if and keep checking to see if anything pops open as people tweak and change plans.

I just picked some random dates and the different restaurants and was able to book as late as 7 pm on them.
Perhaps your date they are just sold out.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/

I just picked some random dates and the different restaurants and was able to book as late as 7 pm on them.
Perhaps your date they are just sold out.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/

Thanks, I'll wait a while and see. I am still more than 180 days out so I couldn't make any ADRs right now anyhow. We had planned on eating at Mama Melrose's that night anyhow so when I saw that the dining package was available I thought I'd see what was available. I'll have to wait until next week to be within my 180 day window so I may just call down to Disney and see what's available.

Based on a thread or two, it might take 2.5 to 3 hours to eat at Momma Melrose's...

MMs is notorious for long delays in getting seated. Once you're at your table, it will probably take 90 minutes for your meal.

Ooohhhh...how is service at the other two Fantasmic restaurants? We don't have to do MMs.
H&V is a buffet, and you can pretty much set your own pace, aside from waiting for the characters to make their rounds. I haven't seen many complaints about long waits. HBD is a signature so the pacing is more leisurely (a feature we enjoy). But if you're in a hurry, just tell your server when you're seated, and they'll speed things up for you.

I like to enjoy my meal too. I expect the meal itself to take at least 90 minutes. I just am concerned about wait time for a table. If MM has a long wait but HBD is reasonable, we'll probably do that instead. We're not fans of buffets so H&V is out.

There are only specific places that you`can eat at with the fantasmic package. When we did the Fantasmic package we ate lunch at Mama Melrose which was decent (don't think we would eat there again though). The seats are INCREDIBLE! When we went in 2014 they were basically center stage and we were sitting in the 3rd row and they also weren't as cramped at some other the other places. I believe the restaurants that do the Fantasmic package are lunch at Mama Melrose, dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby, and dinner at Hollywood & Vine. You just make your reservations like you would normally but under the Fantasmic dinner package

I was under the impression that Fantasmic! is not a nightly show. When making the reservation, will they let you know which dates are good for the Fantasmic dining package and which isnt?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter