Not sure if I should pay OOP for CRT

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by sejeta, Sep 1, 2009.

1. sejeta

sejeta Mouseketeer

I'm going dec 12-20. I'm also on the DDP. I was thinking of paying OOP for CRT breakfast and using dining credits for sci-fi and tusker house lunch, or should I use the 2 credits for CRT and Pay OOP for the other two. I might even skip both.
    SO confused:confused3 I've done park fare last time so I don't want to do that again and I'm also going to the Norway character meal but I wanted to eat in the castle and I figure how bad can the food be at breakfast, plus its cheaper!

I need help:lmao:

2. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

We did this on our trip; we used 2TS credits each for two character breakfasts and then booked two more reasonably priced places to pay OOP.

3. Sandy321

Sandy321 <font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do

I do look at allears.net for prices - and pay oop for some of the 2TS - at $40 a day for DDP I think a TS place should be at least $20 - so for a 2TS you want a value of at least $40

hey, its all just Disney Math!! :thumbsup2

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

According to All Ears, Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast is currently $47.23, which includes tax and gratuity. It will probably be $4-$6 more per person when you go since you will be going during the time when "Holiday Gouging" is in effect. So, I would probably use $52 as your price basis for comparison. Strip out the tax and gratuity (6.5 % and 18%) and you get a a pre-tax/gratuity value of about $40. Tusker House is $25 for lunch and $33 for dinner (Holiday Pricing) so that would leave you $7-$15 to spend at Sci-Fi.

So ... IF you were going to all three restaurants anyway, I would pay OOP for the adults at CRT and use the TS credits for the other restaurants.

Now ... the kids might be a bit trickier. Breakfast for kids at CRT is $31 now and would be about $35 (Holiday Pricing), which is $26 pre tax. Tusker House is about $15, which leaves $11 for Sci Fi. Kids meals are $7.50 at Sci-Fi, so it would be better to use credits for the kids and pay OOP at Tusker House and Sci-Fi :).

6. Jutori

Jutori Mouseketeer

Can you crunch some numbers for me?!? Just the thought of trying myself is giving me a headache...

Dinner at Jiko's, lunch akershus, dinner le chefs, breakfast at donald's safari with 3 ts credits for 8 people, which should we pay OOP?

7. DominicaAnne

DominicaAnne Mouseketeer

We decided to pay OOP for CRT breakfast because it didn't seem expensive enough to us to spend 2 TS credits on it. We are doing a grand gathering dinner at Epcot which is either $60 per person OOP or 2 TS, so that seemed much more worth the 2TS than CRT, know what I mean?

8. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

It's really not that hard ... just look up the menus at All Ears and use this web page: http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2009/DisneyDiningRanking2009.htm for averages prices at WDW restaurants.

Jiko's Dinner: 2 Credits @ $23.06 average per credit
    Akershus Lunch: 1 credit @ $31.00
    Chefs Le France: 1 credit @ $38.77 average
    Donald's Safari Breakfast: 1 credit @ $20.23

I would pay OOP for Jiko's.

9. sejeta

sejeta Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! I was never good at math. LOL

Can you do that? OOP for the adults and DP for the kids? I suppose you could but I would have never thought of that.
    Thanks,