1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Not really a running event

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by cewait, Nov 11, 2012.

1. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

I love watching the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic from WDW. From the course you can see the Poly and some of the traffic on Floridian Way. In the background you will occasionally hear the MK train blow its whistle.

This year, the tourney has a great side story. The second round leader apparently had an anxiety attack and was transported to the hospital Friday night. He is now coming up the 18th to hopefully win.

Sadly, this may be the last edition of this tourney.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

Yay.... he won!. Now Mickey is handing out the trophy and the old MK band is playing Disney tunes. All is good.

4. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Also watching....saw the monorail go by in the background. Just wanted to see if Beljan would hang on. What a fighter. Good for him!

5. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein DIS Veteran

I haven't followed the whole story, just saw the news about it this weekend while at WDW. Why are they talking about this being the last year?

6. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

I am not sure what the story is, but I heard the announcers say something about the last year. Sad as I galleried the event 3 times in the last 4 years. It's a fun event for both the fans and PGA. Though, it is not a great course for spectators to get to.

7. Tabetha

Tabetha DIS Veteran

I've played the Oak Trail course a number of times (including my first round of golf ever which led me to buy golf clubs), and the fact that you can hear the MK train whistle blowing is one of my favourite things about it.

That and the turkeys.

Sorry to hear that the event won't be at the Palm/Magnolia any more.

8. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein DIS Veteran

I read about it in the blog this morning. It seems like an event that would make sense to keep. But, I am sure whatever the reason for dropping it, there has to be a good reason for it.