Not looking good for DLP and the selfie stick ban

We were in the park this week from Tuesday to Saturday and until Saturday only saw one couple with a selfie stick - they were told by a CM that it wasn't allowed but they started questioning her why they weren't allowed so she walked away and they just carried on. There are signs at the entrance and at bag checks saying they aren't allowed.
Saturday it was much busier and we did see a few more but didn't see anyone with iPads/tablets this year at all.
One thing we did notice though was more people leaning out to take selfies on rides (e.g. Cars, Carrousel) forcing the rides to slow down and announcements were made to stop taking photos

I was going to say, they do have signs at the bag check that say no selfie sticks. I don't remember seeing any during my trip in October. I did see some people smoking outside, but after spending a few days in Paris, I think you sort of get used to it being everywhere. I'm not a smoker but the smoking at the parks didn't bother me at all.

They have announcements before the Frozen Royal Welcome thing over the speakers now too.

What shocked me more happened Saturday before the parade. Two adults sitting next to us on the curb (we lined up pretty early) lit up cigarettes. A CM made a beeline for them and actively approached them about the cigarettes, telling to put them out, they couldn't smoke here, and even directing them to the next smoking area.

First time ever.

I had no issues with them during my trip. I have one myself but didn't take it with me. I did use a special lens on my phone though with let me take selfies as I was on my own in the park for a bit. I had more problems with people holding their ipads or tablets up infront of me during the parades and dreams.

They have announcements before the Frozen Royal Welcome thing over the speakers now too.

What shocked me more happened Saturday before the parade. Two adults sitting next to us on the curb (we lined up pretty early) lit up cigarettes. A CM made a beeline for them and actively approached them about the cigarettes, telling to put them out, they couldn't smoke here, and even directing them to the next smoking area.

First time ever.
Parades are the ONLY time I've ever seen anything done about smoking. The smoking drives me crazy and it has literally only been the sitting waiting for a parade that the CM's actually SOMETIMES do something. The time I saw something done it was actually an American CM who said the best thing to do was sit near children for the parade and you should be fine because people won't smoke there.

I call bull on that rationale given people walk along with a stroller and drop ash on their children....but nvm...I "generally" found the parade was the one time I didn't have smoke in my face...instead I had iPad screens and children thrust on shoulders at the start of the show

When I was on PM in December the ride was stopped due to someone using a selfie-stick.

First time ever.

WOW!

Oh dear, we really noticed what a pain in the proverbial they are last month when we went to Universal where they're not banned! Wish Disney would ban tablets too.
Why tablets?

My tablet is a better camera than my phone. I think I'm considerate with mine though, I only take pictures not videos. I wouldn't use it at Disney though, nowhere to tuck it while on the rides. I mean, tall people block my view but I don't think they should be banned.

But I even say that with selfie sticks...to me they're just like strollers. Great idea but when it's in my face/on my heels/up my rear end, then it becomes a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts