not happy at POP

I had a less than stellar visit 2 weeks ago.. I keep thinking that perhaps values aren't my cup of tea (unless it's a 1-2 night solo visit). Next round I think I'll try renting DVC points or give Swan/Dolphin a try.

Trying to figure out, did you enjoy your stay or no? Great report though! Just wondering if you would return? :thumbsup2

We stayed there in 2005 and 2006. We would probably stay there again. We have the bounceback offer booked for ASMu. I don't know if we will keep that, because the timing intefers with my DD high school athletic schedule. If we are fortunate enough to go, we may switch to room only at PO. PO is our all time favorite resort.

We'll be there for one night in early October, mainly as a (relatively) inexpensive place to sleep after a day at MK and before our cruise begins the next day.

While I'm sure it won't be as bad as squatting in a dumpster at the zoo (that is over-the-top insulting to others and their vacation choices), I am lucky that we a) have our own car, b) probably won't eat there, c) will only spend one night on the beds, and d) will be on the way to our cruise by no later than 8 AM the next day.

We stayed at Pop back in 2009 and I hated it because we had the same issue you had with the buses. We waited 90 minutes one night for a bus and most night it's was 45 minutes to an hour the rest of the week. Our bus always had the longest lines and we would see 2 or 3 buses for other resorts come and collect guests before we even got 1 for Pop.

My daughter got a bedrail for her son and it was terrible. Big bar that went across the bed. >>Isnt that what a bed rail is for? Its suppose to go across, length wise. I dont understand the issue? Did it go across his body? No- it went across the bed. If he would of went over there he could of ended up laying on a 2 inch round metal bar going down the length of the bed. Would you like that on your back?

I just returned from Pop on 8/29. This was an unusual trip because we are DVC and stayed at Bay Lake first, then off to Coronado, then to Pop because of the hurricane for 3 nights.

After coming from CS, we noticed the room size difference immediately! The double beds are too small and we did not sleep well for the 3 nights either. We also had a hot water issue on Saturday. We were located in Bldg. 7 ground floor right outside of the pool area. I couldn't believe how crowded the resort was! I remember opening the door and seeing tons of people in the pool, and it was very noisy. We didn't hear much from the pool with the door closed, so that was OK, but every morning there was a person who used a leaf blower or vacuum to pick up leaves etc. It was so noisy and disruptive right outside of our door in the early a.m. I guess my overall comment on Pop is one noisy busy place!

The grounds are nice, but there are a ton of people. We hardly saw anyone at Bay Lake and Coronado. I will be trying out FQ next as the service at Coronado was not good, but that's another story. The CM's at Pop were great though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter