Not Getting PINs - Try This

I cancelled my booked March trip on Monday and have gotten a bunch of emails since. Today I got my first pin!!!

Coincidence???!!!

I have 4 email addresses registered with WDW and not once have I ever gotten a pin. I just added the address to my contacts list.

How does this help though?

I have never ever gotten a pin code via mail or email and I have entered the address listed below to my contacts, registered at all Disney websites and I ordered the planning DVD. I don't know what else to do. :sad2:
We go every year and unless Disney realizes this and thinks there's no need to give us a code because we're going to go anyway I have no idea why we don't get them.

Carla

I used to come on here and get so excited for the people getting the pin codes...now I sometimes feel a bit bummed ...like, "Why not me?"

Mostly I still am happy for all the people receiving codes...it means there is still hope. In the meantime it looks like my October trip may have to be using AP rates for weekdays and paying full rack rate for the weekends.

I tried it too. I just posted a thread asking what email addresses to put in my contacts and then I saw this!:idea: Thanks:thumbsup2

I cancelled my booked March trip on Monday and have gotten a bunch of emails since. Today I got my first pin!!!

Coincidence???!!!

I know everyone says they're random but I am so skeptical of that.... I have been hanging around this board and the Disney website for maybe three years now, biding my time, waiting for my dh to say we could go. (We've never been.)

During that time, I signed up for an account at the WDW website.

I used to get TONS of pincodes. Almost every one that came along. Never did anything with them--couldn't, dh wouldn't give me the go ahead.

Last fall (2008) he gave me the okay... for Sept 2009.

It was way too far out for there to be offers for our timeframe, but I wanted to make SURE to get our resort choice (and to book before he'd change his mind), so I booked... thinking if we got a discount later, I'd just call back and apply it.

Since I booked, I have not gotten a single pin code. Not ONE. And this is after a solid year or so of getting almost every one.

I do NOT think this is a coincidence. They have us now and the pins have stopped.

Sigh.
:sad:

I got a pin in an email 10 days after I booked. 4/3 was the better deal for me so it gets unused.

Yeah, I called Disney a few months ago and asked about the pin codes since we got one last year and used it for our December trip. They. Said they were sent out at random. I know someone who got a bounceback offer, a pun code via the mail, AND a pin via email as well! Lucky I guess. They are also staying at GF in September on the bounceback. Really lucky:)

I have registered for my birthday..since we will be in wdw during it, and ordered a custom map..and i have been getting pins regularly...3 since january!

I think they really do send them out to bring you back, not random at all. We went in '04 and '05. Then we skipped 2 years, but I ordered a planning DVD. During that time I got at least 1 email code and 2 mailed codes. We returned last summer and I haven't gotten anything since. BUT.... my adult niece, who came with us in 05, just today got a code in the mail at my address. She has not been back since 05.

BTW, her offer is for a 5 night package at $594 per adult, and a free $500 gift card.

Thanks I added the address to my contact list and willl keep my fingers crossed. It would have to be a sweet deal to beat the 4/3 free nights though. I received two pin offers recently but I could not use them.
I had one in my contacts that is close to yours:
Disney Destinations
disney@vacation.disneyworld.com
It was sent so communications would not go into my spam folder.:wave2:

I would guess that the big thing about adding it to your contacts is to help ensure that a code doesn't make its way into your junk mail folder. Good idea too.

Edit: Hah! Sometimes it helps to read to the end of a thread.

The CM I spoke with while trying to have the correct name addressed in the email discount offers fixed stated the emails are targeted for a select group each time. One time it could be certain states, another time it could be ages, another time it could be the number times people have been, another time it could be the time since your last trip, etc..... She said it's totally random on how they choose which peripheral they pull from and they have no clue what is in the "target" range.

I added the address to my email a while ago and I have yet to get one pin code :sad2:. So, I hope somone else has better luck. I am booked 4/3 for March and BB for free dinning in Sept. However, I would really still like a pin code for June or Dec. Maybe someday.

Just wanted to say to all of who have never gotten a pin...I have been going to WDW 2x a year since i was a little girl(Grandparents brought us)..then when i met my husband we started going once a year then when we had kids 2-3 times a year, for the last 8 years...I HAVE NEVER gotten a pin code..lol I am 32 and have been more times than you could imagine, you'd think they'd help a sistah out..LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter