Not all the BW view rooms go to DVC members!

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm disappointed. I thought the new BWV reservation policy would pretty much assure that members would get the coveted BW views ahead of cash customers (except for someone who was able to snag aGV for cash). Apparently, that is not the case.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=506682

It would be easier to understand if the upgrade was for only a night or two, but it seems to have been for an entire week. If I had been home that week, I would have been quite disappointed!

Wonder what the rest of the story was?

P.S. I don't blame or begrudge the lucky guests. I just think a DVC member should have gotten the available BW view. It still would have been quite an upgrade for the BWI guests to get a one bedroom unit. JMHO. YMMV.

I took a look at the rate schedule and a water view room at the BWI is roughly equivalent in price to a 1 bedroom at BWV. (In Value season it's $360 vs. $390). If they had reserved a water view it is fair that the Disney did their best to give them one. It's a tough call since I would hate to see a member done out of a BW view.

Would they deny a member of their BW view? I have 2 trips booked, BW view 2BR villas, and I don't even think I'd want to stay at BWV if I didn't have my guaranteed BW view that I am looking forward to - it would be so much of a letdown, especially if I found out Disney overbooked the Inn and took a member's villa.

Originally posted by PamOKW
I took a look at the rate schedule and a water view room at the BWI is roughly equivalent in price to a 1 bedroom at BWV. (In Value season it's $360 vs. $390). If they had reserved a water view it is fair that the Disney did their best to give them one. It's a tough call since I would hate to see a member done out of a BW view.

If there were no member requests for a BW view on the waitlist and a BW view 1 bedroom was vacant for the week, I'd be OK with it. Find that hard to believe, though. There aren't all that many 1 bedroom BW view rooms to begin with.

Obviously, there were vacant 1 bedroom units on the BWV side or they would not have been able to move the BWI guests over at all. Since there is no point difference btween BW view and other preferred views, I assume what they did would pass legal muster. I just don't like it that Disney would use BW view rooms at the BWV to take care of their problems from the BWI. Sure hope they didn't bump a member out to do it!!!

I don't think they would take the view from a member that had it booked. The wild card is that we don't really know how they allocate inventory to CRO. As unfair as it may seem, I think they have to allow some cash customers to get the BW view. If they used one of these rooms for the swap, I guess it's okay. I still don't fully understand how they use the rooms they get from member trades.

Originally posted by PamOKW
....(snip)......I still don't fully understand how they use the rooms they get from member trades.

Me, neither!

Yes, I'm looking forward to my BW view, too and if I get bumped I will be upset! :(

I heard it is a new DVC marketing technique;) Give them the space and amenities and have them sign right on the dotted line::yes::

Seriously, I was wondering about the cash GV thing too, how does that happen?

Sandy

Originally posted by InstImpres
I heard it is a new DVC marketing technique;) Give them the space and amenities and have them sign right on the dotted line::yes::

These are our friends who were upgraded and my first comment to DH ran along those DVC lines! They are definetly hooked on the villa from now on too. This was their second trip to WDW and before this trip they had said they would probably come down every two to three years. Well on our last day at dinner they announced they had been talking and would like to come down next year too and they definetly want another villa. So now I'm giving them some DVC information!!

As far as the BW view I certainly hope it did not knock any member away from that view that had it reserved. I assumed since they gave them that view that they had vacancies for the week in the BW view. BWV did not seem full last week, so I'm sure that was the case. Honestly the BW could have given them any view and they would have been thrilled b/c they just loved the villa set up so much. It was just icing on the cake having the BW view too.

Originally posted by InstImpres
Seriously, I was wondering about the cash GV thing too, how does that happen?

I, too, am very very curious as to how CRO gets availability for these Grand Villas. If they are so hard for members to get, why should CRO get them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter