Not a trip but still excitement!

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Mrdudecool, Sep 30, 2012.

1. pascalstongue

pascalstongue DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Wishing you lots of luck for the 22nd!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. happyj

happyj DIS Veteran

My Daughter did the collage program in2008 and had an amazing time working on splash mountain. Good luck for your interview. :)

4. bee86

bee86 DIS Veteran

Congrats on the final interview! Fingers and toes crossed that you get it :) sending major amounts of pixie dust your way!!!! :)

5. VailaTigger

VailaTigger DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!! That's fab news! Keep us posted on how you get on. Sending you lots of pixie dust!

6. wen-tom

wen-tom spit spot!

Amazing news! Well done and good luck for 22nd.
    :)

7. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Great news Jack. Fingers crossed for you.

Have you been in touch with Matt recently? he is up at Lancaster Uni now.
    Maybe we will eventually get to meet you next year.:goodvibes

8. clareyfairymouse

clareyfairymouse Mouseketeer

Fab news Jack!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Make sure you let us know how you get on!

It's the most amazing place to work!

9. Mrdudecool

Mrdudecool Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for the wishes.

I will cry either way!! I want this so bad so hopefully I get to show the actual Disney interviewers that I would be perfect in this job.

And Wayne - I messaged him the other day as I saw he got into uni which is great!! And definitely! If I do get out there we will have to make sure to meet up at some point!

Keeping positive thoughts up and just going to give everything I have next week.

10. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

:cheer2:Good luck :cheer2:

My daughter wants to do this but she is only 13!!

11. sandshal

sandshal DIS Veteran

Fab news! Keep us posted

12. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

jack,

just caught up-that's fantastic:cheer2:

best of luck with the final stage :goodvibes

13. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Good luck with the interviews :)

14. Mrdudecool

Mrdudecool Mouseketeer

So the day came for my final interview.

These past few weeks and the next 2 weeks have been and will be an emotional journey. It is such a hard journey to take as there is a lot of waiting and a lot of competition for just a few roles.

I'm so glad and happy that out of 1700 people I made it through to the final stage of the process with just 350 people being interviewed for 226 roles.

My final interview went well and I'm happy with it. As I've said I'm happy with it but now it's a waiting game and just hoping and praying that everything I've done up until this stage is enough to get me the dream job.

I find out by or most likely on the 9th November so if you could all keep the thoughts & wishes coming that would be great and hopefully next summer I could be making the magic for some of you!

Once again thank you or all the support and wishes up until this point, it genuinely means the world to me.

Jack

15. happyj

happyj DIS Veteran

My wishes are all there for you. So hard to wait. :)

16. bee86

bee86 DIS Veteran

Well done Jack delighted to hear you were happy with your final interview! Fingers and toes crossed for you :) sending pixie dust your way!

17. paul_toria96

paul_toria96 DIS Veteran

pixiedust:pixiedust: Well done I've been holding my breath reading through and now I'm soooo pleased for you.

My daughter (12) so wants to work at WDW with her friend (11), they have it all sorted, my DD is going to work at a Disney store for a year to hopefully get in there and then her DBF will have finished school and hopefully off they go

Keep us all up to date with any news, sending pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: and :grouphug:

18. Mrdudecool

Mrdudecool Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much!

Its just now a waiting game to see whats going to happen now.

I thought there were 350 final interviews and there were 70 of us yesterday which would make sense over 5 days to have 70 per day but apparently today there were only 40 there to interview so maybe the odds are even better than I first thought?

Thanks again for all the wishes and heres hoping I can tell you all the news I for so long have wanted to say!

19. MrsSparrow..

MrsSparrow.. DIS Veteran

The numbers are really hard to work out - YummyJobs never reveal the total number of apps (at least they haven't in previous years), there are varying speculations regarding how many people actually apply. The odds are hard, but I think most of the reductions are during the application and pre-screen stage - mainly due to the fact that I saw so many people at my interview in DisneyWorld!

Good luck - I think I had to wait two weeks or so before I heard back (and we all found out on the same day). But that moment I got the e-mail (around 6 in the evening) I will never, ever forget. A girl who I have been speaking to on the College Board, an ICP applicant from the UK, said they would all find out December 1st? All I know is that the date they told us we would hear back on; we didn't. The wait was horrible!

Keep updating us! You're in for such a magical journey :goodvibes

20. Mrdudecool

Mrdudecool Mouseketeer

Ah I see what you mean.
    They mentioned at pre-screen there was 1700 initial applications.

They told us in the presentation from Disney that we'd hear by November 9th as they had to do the process quicker this year for some reason. Think it was to do with Disney. But even so thats only 2 weeks on Friday so just waiting for that day now.

I would love to get it obviously as anyone would, its now just hoping throughout the process I have done enough to get the job!

21. Mrdudecool

Mrdudecool Mouseketeer

Well this wait is actual hell!

Its been just over a week since I had my interview and still have just over another week until the final day we will apparently here.

On the facebook group people have been getting emails about student letters not been filled out or missing parts so needing them and then yesterday bam! My phone rings! Its only Yummy Jobs asking me about my availability. Well to say I had a heart attack was an understatement! Hoping this is a good sign but who knows!?

Either way, its still a lot of waiting, stressing and just hoping we get those dreaded emails sooner rather than later! Not going to lie, I will cry either way I am sure of that!