"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by danimaroo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. smalltowngirl504

smalltowngirl504 Mouseketeer

Thanks ... Yeah he isnt as into it as I am... lol.. I am fairly certain I will never convert him... But thankfully I have 3 small children who are disney obsessed, so it helps my case...LOL...We are excited for Jamacia an adults only trip :lmao: maybe we are more excited about the adults only part , rather than the actual Vacation.:thumbsup2 The thing I miss the most right now I think is the dining, see all of your awesome dining makes it so hard not to want to go back right now and eat all that amazing food again!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

anyways...siggy is still messed up, off to go fix that, looking forward to the next installment of this wonderful trip!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Yeah it is such a fun experience! I almost got the carriage but went with a ring instead since I have WAY too many necklaces!

You should totally do it, the girls would LOVE it! And definitely do it in Japan, as I know they put on the biggest "show" about it, vs. at Beach Club and DTD it's not nearly as fun. :thumbsup2

4. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

YAY! I am so excited for new readers who end up enjoying my TR! Pick a Pearl was excellent and you should TOTALLY do it if you can on your upcoming trip! The CMs are so great about it and genuinely seem to get excited for you.

5. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Chapter Twenty-Four: "Ooooh, that was a very good model pose... I like your Blue Steel!"
    Day 6: January 23rd, 2012​

Okay, before I move on, I just want to quickly post a photo of my pretty ring! It's from later on in the evening, but so many people asked about it I figured I can just show it to you now... I absolutely love it! I've had countless people comment on my ring asking where I got it and how beautiful it is... It's fun to tell them the story behind it. :)

[​IMG]

Anyway! After staring at the huge koi for a bit, we headed back to France and did some shopping to kill time before our ADR. As we looked around, I suggested to Matt that it might be kind of fun to get our friends Bruce and Amy gifts from each country we visited, to let them know we were thinking of them as we walked around the World Showcase.

Our friends were watching our doggies and house-sitting for us, plus they're our best friends, so we always get them fun gifts when we go to Disney World. Matt thought this was a great idea, so we chose a little magnet, paid for it, then strolled over to Les Chefs de France to check in for our 12pm ADR.

We were seated within 5-10 minutes, and I was VERY happy about this for one reason: I set up out ADR at 12 so we would see Remy come out at 12:30. The thing that made me nervous was that I'd heard of people not being seated very quickly at Chefs de France and sometimes missing out on Remy, since he only comes by the tables once. Sooo fortunately we were looking good for seeing Remy! We were both very excited for this meal, but especially Matt because Ratatouille is his very favorite Pixar movie..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt and I were greeted by a very friendly waiter who had the cutest French accent. He asked us where we were from and told us how he was going to go to NYC and was afraid he was going to very cold. Hahaha, he just was cute because he was young and I don't know.. I liked him though!

Anyway, we looked over our menus and both decided to do the Prix Fixe 3 course lunch, as there were lots of good-looking items to choose from.

Matt ordered the French Onion Soup...

[​IMG]

while I ordered the Lobster Bisque.

[​IMG]

The soup was delicious! They also brought out a little baguette with our soup, which was a perfect accompaniment. The Lobster Bisque was amazingly good, and Matt really seemed to enjoy his French Onion soup.

After eating our soups, we waited shortly and our main courses came out...

I'd gotten the Gratin De Macaroni, which was mac 'n cheese with gruyere cheese melted on top..

[​IMG]

Matt got the Quiche Lorraine with a side salad..

[​IMG]

Both were phenomenal! The mac 'n cheese was extremely rich but amazingly good, and I took a bite of Matt's and the quiche was very tasty.

By this point, we had noticed Remy making his rounds, so I think I started to eat slower so we could make sure he made it to us before we left. I didn't mind since my lunch was HUGE.

We'd just gotten our Creme Brulee when Remy made it to our table, accompanied by Armand, the funniest waiter around. When I went to pull out my camera to take photos of Remy, Armand told me he had no problem with me taking his and Matt's photo, as he leaned in for a picture...

[​IMG]

He then complimented Matt, saying he really liked the way he posed and gave off his best Blue Steel, which had us DYING laughing at this point. Any time I hear a Zoolander reference, I can't help but find you to be hilarious... Of course, he insisted I take another photo of them together..

[​IMG]

Finally he took the cover off and there was REMY! And holy canoli, this was the cutest thing EVER.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remy squeaked away at us, and I just watched Matt beam as little Remy moved around and chatted with us. It was absolutely adorable!

After finishing our conversation with Remy, we enjoyed our desserts, which were again, EXCELLENT.

[​IMG]

We finished up, happy and full, tipped our waiter and headed outside. We both agreed that this was hands down our favorite meal experience. It's awfully hard to beat meeting Remy, the food was wonderful, our waiter was great, and the whole thing left us both smiling from ear to ear.

[​IMG]

Next, we tour the World, I manage to have an epic fail, and we head off to see some old Muppet friends...

6. UGAFan0829

UGAFan0829 DIS Veteran

Hi, Dani!!

Just this morning, I was cruising the boards looking for a good TR to check out when I stumbled across yours. And boy am I happy that I found it. I have to start by saying what an amazingly awesome report it is! I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud at some of yours and Matt's comments. I gotta tell you--I can only imagine how fun it would be to hang out with you two!

Another thing I enjoy about your report is that because it's just my DH and I, I can really relate to two adults in Disney!

I love, love, loved seeing all the pics of the Beach Club! The DH and I are hoping to stay there in September and I really can't wait!

This is such an amazing report...and I really can't wait for more!!

7. Marssiful

Marssiful Earning My Ears

Your Disney day sounds epic! My feet hurt just reading about it. I have put the pick-a-pearl on my bucket list, it looks like such a cute experience. I laughed at the post about your dog dis'ing ... We make our dogs do hilarious things all the time. They're usually just mildly annoyed with us :). And last but not least, we have dozens of blue steel photos... No joke!

8. My_Pal_Pluto

My_Pal_Pluto Proud DisDad

:cool1: THAT food looked amazing!! Gotta say, you and Matt have such similar tastes to me ... I would have SO gone for that Mac n' cheese and well, Creme Brulee is one of my many addictions!!

I had NEVER heard of Remy at the tables before your TR ... he looks AMAZING!! How do they do the animation/have him talk with you?:confused:

9. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

LOVE the ring! It's so pretty.

OH my gosh. I want to see Remy! I didn't really like Ratatouille the first time I saw it but now it's one of my favorites! It stinks that they don't bring him around to the tables more though!

Hahaha I love Armand. I don't know him/have never met him, but I love him. Sounds like an awesome job! AND REMY IS PRECIOUS. Wow, so cute!

Glad yall had such a nice meal! Les Chefs is ON MY LIST. (But really, what isn't on my list? It's a very long list.)

10. onelilspark

onelilspark DIS Veteran

I'm joining in :wave: Thanks to your TR for keeping me occupied during the World's most boring conference call ever :laughing:

My husband would have been mortified if asked to sing in front of a room full of people! I can't even imagine!

11. Fantasyland Mom

Fantasyland Mom DIS Veteran

When Julia was 3, she did pick-a-pearl and got twins:cool1:! And to this day, I still haven't had them set in anything:sad2:. I kept meaning to, but they're still in the little baggie in my jewelry box. Seeing that beautiful ring really makes me wish I had just gotten them set there. I wonder if they'd still do it if I took them back? They're still in the original bag!

You know I love your shirt already, but my kids just walked by and saw Matt's shirt and proclaimed it "SO COOL!" You can let him know he's a hit in the six and under category.

That food looks delicious! I've wanted to eat there but have been afraid it would be to stuffy for little kids, and I don't want other diners hating us. My kids tend to be a bit wild at times:rolleyes1. I know that's hard to believe...

12. mouseketeer70

mouseketeer70 Mouseketeer

Your ring turned out so pretty! And such a reasonable price too. I will definitely have to do this with DD on our girls' day next trip. Thank you for the tip:thumbsup2
    Gauntlet = success YAY!
    Your meal at Les Chefs looks scrumptious. We haven't been since they added Remy. There were just cutie patootie French waiters there when we went;)
    Can't way to read more of this fun report!

13. Oliquig

Oliquig Mouseketeer

Okay, now I HAVE to eat at Chefs, that is sooo cute.

Your ring is very pretty and I too did pick a pearl, so much fun!

14. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

Your ring is so pretty. We have always wanted to eat at Chefs de France, but can never make time for it. Will have to make the effort on our trip in November, I think.

15. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

OMG it really was. My feet were hating me so much that night. :laughing: Pick a Pearl was wonderful and I highly suggest it for anyone to do! I'm glad you got a kick out of us totally making Milo DIS. It's just too much fun making our dogs have little voices or alter egos. :rotfl: AND YES FOR THE BLUE STEEL JOKES! I love Zoolander. Orange mocha frappuccinoooo!

Oh awesome! Glad you've decided to join and popped in to comment! :goodvibes Hahaha I laughed so hard at my TR keeping you occupied during a conference call. I am TOTALLY guilty of doing the same thing on calls for my company with others' TRs! Glad I'm able to give back, hahaha. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to know someone else's husband would've been embarrassed. I felt so so bad!

16. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

Aww thank you! I hope you get a chance to go to Chefs; it was such a wonderful experience and a MUST DO for any Ratatouille fan!!

17. dara00

dara00 DIS Veteran

so does Remy actually talk? is it controlled by the waiter with him or someone else? that mac and cheese looks great!

18. trackie

trackie Look you're really cute, but I can't understand wh

Sooooooooooooooooo I've been lurking for quite a while and decided to stop being a lurker and actually join in! :cool1: Loving every bit of your trip report! :thumbsup2 And your ring looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I've read a ton of trip reports where people have done the pick a pearl thing and they always seem to love it. I might have to do it the next time I visit the World!

19. katefl

katefl Earning My Ears

Ok last night I got exhausted and completely forgot some things I wanted to comment on because I got so excited by the food. 1- I'm a fellow LOST fanatic, which is why I got started on this TR in the first place. 2- I have now made a list of different foods I HAVE to try now thanks. 3- I don't even remember what else I had to say but 4- OMG REMY!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously the reason I joined the DIS is because after reading some of the TR I realized how much I have been missing being a local and sticking to what I like. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU for pointing out that Remy experience... :rotfl:

Oh and my dog totally did what you described as I laughed out loud every time. his head may just get stuck tilted to the side!

20. kittylady1972

kittylady1972 Disneyholic

Thanks for posting the ring photo. Loveit! :)

Great review of Le Chef. We had lunch there in 2009 I think and I really enjoyed it but DH wasn't overly thrilled. Since this is MY birthday trip he is just going with whateVER I choose and this is my actual birthday day lunch plan. I have recently acquired a taste for French onion soup, weird since I have always despised onions. Hopefully this place will deliver on that for me. :rotfl:

21. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

Okay, I ended up being a little bit behind.

Okay, congratulations on completing the Disney Gauntlet! You made the right call taking it easy the next day. Man, that's some craziness right there! You accomplished so much. I bow to you! :worship:

I love Chefs de France and the Blue Steel is awesome! You're right, who doesn't love Zoolander? "It's the Zoolander school for people who can't read good". :laughing:

I love Remy. The last time we went, I thought I was filming him....fail...nope I wasn't. Der! :rolleyes1