"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Thanks ... Yeah he isnt as into it as I am... lol.. I am fairly certain I will never convert him... But thankfully I have 3 small children who are disney obsessed, so it helps my case...LOL...We are excited for Jamacia an adults only trip :lmao: maybe we are more excited about the adults only part , rather than the actual Vacation.:thumbsup2 The thing I miss the most right now I think is the dining, see all of your awesome dining makes it so hard not to want to go back right now and eat all that amazing food again!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

anyways...siggy is still messed up, off to go fix that, looking forward to the next installment of this wonderful trip!

Just finished reading your report so far and it is GREAT!! :thumbsup2

Aww thanks! I'm really glad you decided to pop in and comment!! AND even better, you're enjoying my TR! :goodvibes

We did the pick a pearl for our DD's last year on our trip. They had a blast.

I bet they loved it! I sure as heck did!!

Wow, the gauntlet....:worship: I don't think I could have managed.

I still don't know how we did, especially now looking back and writing about it. It really was an insane feat!

Our trip also had some big 'ol blisters (me) and head colds (DH and younger dd) Still was the best vacation ever!

OMG the blisters were so so bad. I still have them, except they've turned into calluses on my heals. My feet need some TLC. :laughing:

I do not envy your long plane ride (we drive from NC). We are from Oregon originally, so we grew up going to Disneyland. Last year was our first WDW trip and now we are hooked. Going again in a couple of months.

That plane ride is brutal, but it's always worth it! I've never been to Disneyland, but hoping to go sometime next year maybe! WDW is seriously addicting. I'm jealous you get to go in a few months!!

I cannot wait to read more.

Terri
Oh, and I LOVE Milo! :love: Our pug is named Buddha. They just have the cutest faces ever!

Milo is a pug/mini pinscher mix. He's such a little character! I love pugs to death! Our best friends have a black one named Beefcake. :lmao:

Pant ... pant ... pant!!! :cool1: ... what an AMAZING trip report ... the gauntlet was AWESOME!!!! Gotta say, you've made me absolutely pine for riding EE at night ...I've been tossing around the possibility of using Via Napoli as a TS ... and holy oyster-oli ... I am absolutely HOOKED on eating raw oysters but now you've made it my PRIORITY to get JJ (see my PTR for details) the pearl shucking experience :thumbsup2!!

Hahaha glad you've caught up and caught your breath! EE at night is absolutely amazing! Also, you muuuust go to Via Napoli for a TS. EVERYTHING is amazing there. I didn't get it this time but the chicken parm is out of this world!

I laughed outloud at your oyster-oli. :laughing: Matt loves raw oysters, too, but don't think he'd want this one as it was dead. :sick: Pick a Pearl is a blast though!

So sorry to hear about the sore feet ... I'll be sharing my own (our own) tale of similar woe in my PTR ... but believe me, I know your pain!! :sad2:

Looks like I need to pop in on your PTR so I can share the pain! Hahaha.

Can't wait to finish out and hear about the ADR Matt was so stoked about!!

I can't wait either! It's a really great experience!!

Just reading about the Gauntlet made me tired! I can't believe how much you did in one day! My trip dates were Jan 21st-Feb 1st. We stayed at the BC the second half of our trip, so I have similar feelings to you about being able to just walk home from the World Showcase. Sigh. I miss that!

Haha I KNOW! It really was insane. What's funny is when I initially thought back I thought people wouldn't think what we did was that "insane", but then when I got to the end I was just TIRED thinking about it! Also, we were basically neighbors and didn't even know it! I miss that walk so much though, BC is just the best.

And I did Pick A Pearl too, and I had the same girl that you had! I recognized her in your pictures. I can't wait to start my TR so I can share all my January fun too!

I can't wait for you to start your TR! That girl was so cute, I wanted to be her friend. I'll have to keep and eye out for me in the background of your photos. :laughing:

We did the pick a pearl on our June trip last year and I just loved it. I got the carriage necklace and I wore it just the other day. Fun stuff.

Yeah it is such a fun experience! I almost got the carriage but went with a ring instead since I have WAY too many necklaces!

Okay, here's the truth. I have not been as lazy as I appear lately. I HAVE been reading your updates. Thing is, I had some dental work done the other day and have had to take a pain pill at night the last few nights...which is also when I usually read the DIS...and I've kind of been falling asleep with my laptop open before I comment. I haven't had anything more than a Tylenol in, oh, about seven years, so I'm obviously strongly affected by medication!

Haha don't even WORRY about it! Last year I had to have emergency dental work because a root canal got infected and left me looking like Sloth from The Goonies... No seriously, between the swelling and my eyes bloodshot from throwing up from all the Vicodin, it was horrible. So anyway, I totally understand and yeah, I'm glad you did take the time to even leave a comment now!!

I won't go back and comment on everything, but I will comment on a few things, mostly because I am finding it hard to stop typing.

That monorail shirt?? I've been BEGGING for it for months! I'm obsessed with it, and you're wearing it! (Further proof that we are clones of awesomeness:thumbsup2.)

YOU NEED IT! It's amazing and the second I saw it I knew I had to have it. Clearly we are the definition of awesomeness. :cool2:

I also LOVE Carla! But I can't watch her new show because it replaced All My Children, and I'm still in mourning.

Carla is my girl! I loved her on Top Chef. I actually tweeted that photo to her and she replied! :laughing:

I did an update about the beginning of our AK day, in which we did EE and Maharajah Jungle Trek for the first time. I thought about stealing your AK update and substituting it for mine. Why not?!

Pshhh no one would know.. Or maybe they would if they read both of our TRs. It'd be kind of funny to do that, hahaha.

Seriously, though, I took a cue from you and typed up the whole day. Now I'm prepared to post updates for a few days in a row! YAY! You're an inspiration:idea:!

It's so much better to do it that way, even though it takes forever. Then you have like 4 updates done and ready to go!

I love your antics and get excited every time you update.

Hahaha glad you enjoy it because I crack myself up half the time as I'm writing some of this stuff. :lmao:

I definately want to do the "pick a Pearl" with my daughters on our next trip! That is so cool! I had done one years ago at SeaWorld when I was young. :)

You should totally do it, the girls would LOVE it! And definitely do it in Japan, as I know they put on the biggest "show" about it, vs. at Beach Club and DTD it's not nearly as fun. :thumbsup2

I only stumbled on to this today but have caught up! I am a seasoned WDW traveler (living 2 hours away your whole life, or 30 min away as I am now, really has its privileges...) but the past year I've only been going to drink around the world with friends who are visiting. I had NO IDEA the amazing pastries and what not I was missing out on at some places!!!!!:scared1: After a year of Epcot I have that down pat, but that carrot cake cookie!!! and those pretzels and just OMG:banana: I'm contemplating heading down there tomorrow just to go on a sugar binge!

Okay, number one, HI I'm so excited you stumbled upon this! Number two, I AM SO JEALOUS YOU ARE SO CLOSE! I want to be that close to Disney World.. oooor just have someone invent a little transportation device that gets me there in 2 seconds.

The pastries really are SO good! I can't wait to go back and have more!! That carrot cake cookie is to die for... and OMG now I want a pretzel. And now I'm jealous because you have the option to just go pop in and enjoy these delicious foods! :lmao:

On a non food related note (it's hard for me to do) love everything about this report. Crackin me up and my dog is starin at me like I'm nutso. Can't wait for the rest of this TR

I am so glad you are enjoying this and in turn your dog is giving you the weird head cocked to the side look... At least that's what I'm guessing since that's what my dogs do, hahaha. Can't wait to share more and thanks again for letting me know you enjoy my shenanigans! :goodvibes

I spent all day yesterday reading your TR and just finished up this morning! Looking forward to more updates!! Thanks for the review of pick-a-pearl. I have always wanted to do it but never have. I'm hoping to do it on our upcoming trip!

YAY! I am so excited for new readers who end up enjoying my TR! Pick a Pearl was excellent and you should TOTALLY do it if you can on your upcoming trip! The CMs are so great about it and genuinely seem to get excited for you.

I totally get that. Remember the night we were texting in Epcot when I started feeling bad? Walking from Mexico to the bus stops felt like 10 miles.

Some of those walks would seem like it took forever.. Like you were crawling just to get back to a bus.

I am dying to go there now! I'll just come with you on your next trip and I'll wear an anniversary pin too. The anniversary of when I met you guys while you were celebrating your anniversary. :lmao:

HAHAHA this would be AMAZING! Can we please do this?! I laughed out loud when I read this just because I could picture it hahaha.

Haha, that is so something I would say too. My family would have proceeded to look at me like I'm a crazy person.

Hahaha fortunately Matt is just as weird as me so I don't get the odd stares.

I was worried I'd scare you guys off too. We should've just done it and weirded Anna and Matt out with taking pics of each other eating Dole Whips. I was so excited to spot you guys, haha!

I KNOOOOW well now we know! We should've just done it and Matt would've been like, "WOW, you guys became friends in real life so quickly!!!" Why are we so awesome?!

I am just so happy that we met that night! You're not being too enthusiastic either. I'm glad we can both be so excited and crazy talking about it! :goodvibes

Heck to the yes, me too. It was just so much fun and I'm so glad it happened! :goodvibes

As far as WDW sitcom episodes go, I don't think it was very well done. There were too many made up things and incorrect things if I remember correctly. That bugs me as a Disney freak. :laughing:

Ohhh see I HATE when shows do that. Like, come on, at least put in some effort into researching how it works and don't just MAKE UP stuff. Especially with Disney World! PEOPLE WILL CALL YOU ON IT!

Thank you, Karen!

Oh you must post a photo of the pearl ring! I think you are right...I might have to make that one of my birthday gifts for myself! ;)

Okay, I promise I will post one in this next update!!

Can't wait to read more. With my own trip being SOOO close it's hard not to spend all my time over hear on the boards! :rotfl:

Can I just state that.. I AM SO JEALOUS?! I spent so much time on the DIS leading up to our vaca. Now I continue to live vicariously through my own TR and others' TRs, hahaha. It keeps me happy.

I mentioned the 4-parks-in-one-day idea to DH and he thinks I am completely crazy! However in the same breath he said it is MY trip so he'll just follow along! What a good husband! :rotfl:

Hahaha, you guys should so do it! It really isn't too bad if you pace yourself and take breaks! That's the big thing. It can be done in a really fun way, though I will say it is exhausting!

Milojohnson! :rotfl: I can already tell from talking to you guys that Matt LOVES to pick on Milo!

We both do, we give him little nicknames and pretend he can talk to us. OMG we are such weirdo puppy parents. We do the same thing to Anya, too. We love our doggies!

Thinking about the head colds we had down there makes me feel gross. They were nasty. :mad: That coffee cake looks really good though. Matt is a good hubby for running down there. His croissant looks huge and really good as well.

Ugh no joke. That was my least favorite part of the trip, with blisters a close second. Matt was awesome for getting us breakfast that morning. I was definitely struggling with getting out of my bed...

Monorail shirt and lounging, good choice. :thumbsup2 WS ducks are just the best ducks ever. They'll eat out of your hand which I am obsessed with because I think it feels cool. :laughing: Not that I would um, ever feed Disney ducks because it clearly says not to, right? *wink, wink*

I just loved the duckins! They always came up to us when we didn't have much to give them. One day I MAY have slipped them a little something... GO AHEAD, JUDGE ME PEOPLE. :lmao:

Pick a Pearl! It looked like so much fun. Lucky number one! Woot! Love that picture of you, it's so cute! The nastier looking, the better. That pearl is really pretty, and a perfect size! Why is WS so much hotter than FW when it's warm?!

Haha it was so funny how she like yelled it to all of 1 other person in the store at the time. The pearl is very pretty! And I don't know but I thought I was melting that morning as we walked, uuughhh.

That is a great experience for only $15! I cannot wait for anything remotely involving Blue Steel!! :)

So pumped to post my next update! Blue Steel face! :o

Thanks ... Yeah he isnt as into it as I am... lol.. I am fairly certain I will never convert him... But thankfully I have 3 small children who are disney obsessed, so it helps my case...LOL...We are excited for Jamacia an adults only trip :lmao: maybe we are more excited about the adults only part , rather than the actual Vacation.:thumbsup2 The thing I miss the most right now I think is the dining, see all of your awesome dining makes it so hard not to want to go back right now and eat all that amazing food again!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

:laughing: You can slowly work on getting him to convert! There's gotta be something he falls in love with! That'll be a great honeymoon though. I'm guessing it'll be nice to have some adults-only time. I MISS THE FOOD, too! Ugh it's killing me with some of these photos! I just want some school bread or something, is that too much to ask?! :(

anyways...siggy is still messed up, off to go fix that, looking forward to the next installment of this wonderful trip!

Chapter Twenty-Four: "Ooooh, that was a very good model pose... I like your Blue Steel!"
Day 6: January 23rd, 2012​

Okay, before I move on, I just want to quickly post a photo of my pretty ring! It's from later on in the evening, but so many people asked about it I figured I can just show it to you now... I absolutely love it! I've had countless people comment on my ring asking where I got it and how beautiful it is... It's fun to tell them the story behind it. :)

9e4b2e4c.jpg

Anyway! After staring at the huge koi for a bit, we headed back to France and did some shopping to kill time before our ADR. As we looked around, I suggested to Matt that it might be kind of fun to get our friends Bruce and Amy gifts from each country we visited, to let them know we were thinking of them as we walked around the World Showcase.

Our friends were watching our doggies and house-sitting for us, plus they're our best friends, so we always get them fun gifts when we go to Disney World. Matt thought this was a great idea, so we chose a little magnet, paid for it, then strolled over to Les Chefs de France to check in for our 12pm ADR.

We were seated within 5-10 minutes, and I was VERY happy about this for one reason: I set up out ADR at 12 so we would see Remy come out at 12:30. The thing that made me nervous was that I'd heard of people not being seated very quickly at Chefs de France and sometimes missing out on Remy, since he only comes by the tables once. Sooo fortunately we were looking good for seeing Remy! We were both very excited for this meal, but especially Matt because Ratatouille is his very favorite Pixar movie..

3b15ad12.jpg

f7824510.jpg

Matt and I were greeted by a very friendly waiter who had the cutest French accent. He asked us where we were from and told us how he was going to go to NYC and was afraid he was going to very cold. Hahaha, he just was cute because he was young and I don't know.. I liked him though!

Anyway, we looked over our menus and both decided to do the Prix Fixe 3 course lunch, as there were lots of good-looking items to choose from.

Matt ordered the French Onion Soup...

3a447927.jpg

while I ordered the Lobster Bisque.

e480a574.jpg

The soup was delicious! They also brought out a little baguette with our soup, which was a perfect accompaniment. The Lobster Bisque was amazingly good, and Matt really seemed to enjoy his French Onion soup.

After eating our soups, we waited shortly and our main courses came out...

I'd gotten the Gratin De Macaroni, which was mac 'n cheese with gruyere cheese melted on top..

a84a70d7.jpg

Matt got the Quiche Lorraine with a side salad..

0c3b4657.jpg

Both were phenomenal! The mac 'n cheese was extremely rich but amazingly good, and I took a bite of Matt's and the quiche was very tasty.

By this point, we had noticed Remy making his rounds, so I think I started to eat slower so we could make sure he made it to us before we left. I didn't mind since my lunch was HUGE.

We'd just gotten our Creme Brulee when Remy made it to our table, accompanied by Armand, the funniest waiter around. When I went to pull out my camera to take photos of Remy, Armand told me he had no problem with me taking his and Matt's photo, as he leaned in for a picture...

bed60192.jpg

He then complimented Matt, saying he really liked the way he posed and gave off his best Blue Steel, which had us DYING laughing at this point. Any time I hear a Zoolander reference, I can't help but find you to be hilarious... Of course, he insisted I take another photo of them together..

9573834b.jpg

Finally he took the cover off and there was REMY! And holy canoli, this was the cutest thing EVER.

87461274.jpg

63c0227d.jpg

Remy squeaked away at us, and I just watched Matt beam as little Remy moved around and chatted with us. It was absolutely adorable!

After finishing our conversation with Remy, we enjoyed our desserts, which were again, EXCELLENT.

730fcb08.jpg

We finished up, happy and full, tipped our waiter and headed outside. We both agreed that this was hands down our favorite meal experience. It's awfully hard to beat meeting Remy, the food was wonderful, our waiter was great, and the whole thing left us both smiling from ear to ear.

ab2ec576.jpg

Next, we tour the World, I manage to have an epic fail, and we head off to see some old Muppet friends...

Hi, Dani!!

Just this morning, I was cruising the boards looking for a good TR to check out when I stumbled across yours. And boy am I happy that I found it. I have to start by saying what an amazingly awesome report it is! I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud at some of yours and Matt's comments. I gotta tell you--I can only imagine how fun it would be to hang out with you two!

Another thing I enjoy about your report is that because it's just my DH and I, I can really relate to two adults in Disney!

I love, love, loved seeing all the pics of the Beach Club! The DH and I are hoping to stay there in September and I really can't wait!

This is such an amazing report...and I really can't wait for more!!

Your Disney day sounds epic! My feet hurt just reading about it. I have put the pick-a-pearl on my bucket list, it looks like such a cute experience. I laughed at the post about your dog dis'ing ... We make our dogs do hilarious things all the time. They're usually just mildly annoyed with us :). And last but not least, we have dozens of blue steel photos... No joke!

:cool1: THAT food looked amazing!! Gotta say, you and Matt have such similar tastes to me ... I would have SO gone for that Mac n' cheese and well, Creme Brulee is one of my many addictions!!

I had NEVER heard of Remy at the tables before your TR ... he looks AMAZING!! How do they do the animation/have him talk with you?:confused:

LOVE the ring! It's so pretty.

OH my gosh. I want to see Remy! I didn't really like Ratatouille the first time I saw it but now it's one of my favorites! It stinks that they don't bring him around to the tables more though!

Hahaha I love Armand. I don't know him/have never met him, but I love him. Sounds like an awesome job! AND REMY IS PRECIOUS. Wow, so cute!

Glad yall had such a nice meal! Les Chefs is ON MY LIST. (But really, what isn't on my list? It's a very long list.)

I'm joining in :wave: Thanks to your TR for keeping me occupied during the World's most boring conference call ever :laughing:

My husband would have been mortified if asked to sing in front of a room full of people! I can't even imagine!

When Julia was 3, she did pick-a-pearl and got twins:cool1:! And to this day, I still haven't had them set in anything:sad2:. I kept meaning to, but they're still in the little baggie in my jewelry box. Seeing that beautiful ring really makes me wish I had just gotten them set there. I wonder if they'd still do it if I took them back? They're still in the original bag!

You know I love your shirt already, but my kids just walked by and saw Matt's shirt and proclaimed it "SO COOL!" You can let him know he's a hit in the six and under category.

That food looks delicious! I've wanted to eat there but have been afraid it would be to stuffy for little kids, and I don't want other diners hating us. My kids tend to be a bit wild at times:rolleyes1. I know that's hard to believe...

Your ring turned out so pretty! And such a reasonable price too. I will definitely have to do this with DD on our girls' day next trip. Thank you for the tip:thumbsup2
Gauntlet = success YAY!
Your meal at Les Chefs looks scrumptious. We haven't been since they added Remy. There were just cutie patootie French waiters there when we went;)
Can't way to read more of this fun report!

Okay, now I HAVE to eat at Chefs, that is sooo cute.

Your ring is very pretty and I too did pick a pearl, so much fun!

Your ring is so pretty. We have always wanted to eat at Chefs de France, but can never make time for it. Will have to make the effort on our trip in November, I think.

Hi, Dani!!

Just this morning, I was cruising the boards looking for a good TR to check out when I stumbled across yours. And boy am I happy that I found it. I have to start by saying what an amazingly awesome report it is! I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud at some of yours and Matt's comments. I gotta tell you--I can only imagine how fun it would be to hang out with you two!

Ohhh, this comment made my DAY! I was sitting here at work when I saw it and it made me smile. I even said to Matt (we talk on gchat during the work day) how it was such a nice comment! Matt and I are such goobers and I thought maybe by posting my TR I'd find some others who had a good sense of humor! But thank you, seriously!!

Another thing I enjoy about your report is that because it's just my DH and I, I can really relate to two adults in Disney!

I LOVE going to Disney as adults! It's just way too much fun! We definitely want to have children in the next few years, but we're enjoying the heck out of going on adult trips right now. :goodvibes

I love, love, loved seeing all the pics of the Beach Club! The DH and I are hoping to stay there in September and I really can't wait!

OMG I sure hope you do, it's SO wonderful. I can't say enough wonderful things about it!

This is such an amazing report...and I really can't wait for more!!

Thank you again! I can't wait to share more.

Your Disney day sounds epic! My feet hurt just reading about it. I have put the pick-a-pearl on my bucket list, it looks like such a cute experience. I laughed at the post about your dog dis'ing ... We make our dogs do hilarious things all the time. They're usually just mildly annoyed with us :). And last but not least, we have dozens of blue steel photos... No joke!

OMG it really was. My feet were hating me so much that night. :laughing: Pick a Pearl was wonderful and I highly suggest it for anyone to do! I'm glad you got a kick out of us totally making Milo DIS. It's just too much fun making our dogs have little voices or alter egos. :rotfl: AND YES FOR THE BLUE STEEL JOKES! I love Zoolander. Orange mocha frappuccinoooo!

:cool1: THAT food looked amazing!! Gotta say, you and Matt have such similar tastes to me ... I would have SO gone for that Mac n' cheese and well, Creme Brulee is one of my many addictions!!

The food was delicious!! I would kill for some mac 'n cheese at this moment, not gonna lie. :laughing: And the creme brulee at Chefs is AMAZING!

I had NEVER heard of Remy at the tables before your TR ... he looks AMAZING!! How do they do the animation/have him talk with you?:confused:

I never would've known about Remy if I hadn't found the DIS! He only comes out at very select times, and will only visit each table once, and he doesn't come out on Sundays. He is literally a little animatronic version of Remy, and he squeaks at you while moving back and forth. Armand, the lovely waiter, tends to kind of talk for him. It's such a cute experience!

LOVE the ring! It's so pretty.

I love it! That picture doesn't really do it justice, but I'm pretty sure later on in the trip I have an actual photo of it on my finger!

OH my gosh. I want to see Remy! I didn't really like Ratatouille the first time I saw it but now it's one of my favorites! It stinks that they don't bring him around to the tables more though!

He is so so cute! Oh I just love it, but it's Matt's FAVORITE. He loves cooking and just loves the message of the movie as a whole. And yeah, the Remy thing is like, you REALLY have to plan your ADR and also have a little luck on your side that you'll be seated just at the right time so you can catch him. I suggest doing the 12pm ADR because that's when Chefs opens so it makes the chances of you not being seated quickly slim.

Hahaha I love Armand. I don't know him/have never met him, but I love him. Sounds like an awesome job! AND REMY IS PRECIOUS. Wow, so cute!

Armand was SO funny. Like he had me laughing so hard. WHAT a character! I know the guy is an actor but he's amazing! He's the only one who brings out Remy from what I've seen in others' photos. I wanted to steal Remy and bring him home. SO adorable.

Glad yall had such a nice meal! Les Chefs is ON MY LIST. (But really, what isn't on my list? It's a very long list.)

GOOD! It's a great experience, especially with Remy! And yeah I hear you, I have others on my list though I DEFINITELY have my favorites!

I'm joining in :wave: Thanks to your TR for keeping me occupied during the World's most boring conference call ever :laughing:

My husband would have been mortified if asked to sing in front of a room full of people! I can't even imagine!

Oh awesome! Glad you've decided to join and popped in to comment! :goodvibes Hahaha I laughed so hard at my TR keeping you occupied during a conference call. I am TOTALLY guilty of doing the same thing on calls for my company with others' TRs! Glad I'm able to give back, hahaha. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to know someone else's husband would've been embarrassed. I felt so so bad!

When Julia was 3, she did pick-a-pearl and got twins:cool1:! And to this day, I still haven't had them set in anything:sad2:. I kept meaning to, but they're still in the little baggie in my jewelry box. Seeing that beautiful ring really makes me wish I had just gotten them set there. I wonder if they'd still do it if I took them back? They're still in the original bag!

WOW, that is pretty darn lucky that Julia got twinsies! You could totally bring them next trip and get a setting for them, especially if they're in the bag. I know people have mentioned coming back a few days later with theirs and deciding to get one, so they wouldn't even know it's been a few years! I say bring 'em in next trip!

You know I love your shirt already, but my kids just walked by and saw Matt's shirt and proclaimed it "SO COOL!" You can let him know he's a hit in the six and under category.

Hahaha, Matt has some most excellent video game t-shirts. We're both very big fans of Super Mario! He will definitely appreciate the compliment from your kids! :rotfl:

That food looks delicious! I've wanted to eat there but have been afraid it would be to stuffy for little kids, and I don't want other diners hating us. My kids tend to be a bit wild at times:rolleyes1. I know that's hard to believe...

No it was amazing! I think you'd be TOTALLY fine with the kids, especially at lunch! When we were there there were plenty of families with smaller kids and it seemed like the accomodated them very well. :goodvibes

Your ring turned out so pretty! And such a reasonable price too. I will definitely have to do this with DD on our girls' day next trip. Thank you for the tip:thumbsup2

Thank you, I really do love it! It really was reasonable, and they have even lower options on the pricing, which is great as well! You're very welcome, I thought it might be nice to see how the whole process works!!

Gauntlet = success YAY!

YAY indeed! It was exhausting but so worth it!

Your meal at Les Chefs looks scrumptious. We haven't been since they added Remy. There were just cutie patootie French waiters there when we went;)
Can't way to read more of this fun report!

It was delish! Remy is so cute and the main reason we went, but the amazing food was just a nice bonus! Our waiter was so adorable, I just wanted to hug him or something, hahaha.

Okay, now I HAVE to eat at Chefs, that is sooo cute.

It was wonderful and I highly suggest it! Just make sure to look up the times of Remy and time your ADR right so you'll see him!

Your ring is very pretty and I too did pick a pearl, so much fun!

Thank you! I just loved the whole experience!

Your ring is so pretty. We have always wanted to eat at Chefs de France, but can never make time for it. Will have to make the effort on our trip in November, I think.

Aww thank you! I hope you get a chance to go to Chefs; it was such a wonderful experience and a MUST DO for any Ratatouille fan!!

so does Remy actually talk? is it controlled by the waiter with him or someone else? that mac and cheese looks great!

Sooooooooooooooooo I've been lurking for quite a while and decided to stop being a lurker and actually join in! :cool1: Loving every bit of your trip report! :thumbsup2 And your ring looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I've read a ton of trip reports where people have done the pick a pearl thing and they always seem to love it. I might have to do it the next time I visit the World!

Ok last night I got exhausted and completely forgot some things I wanted to comment on because I got so excited by the food. 1- I'm a fellow LOST fanatic, which is why I got started on this TR in the first place. 2- I have now made a list of different foods I HAVE to try now thanks. 3- I don't even remember what else I had to say but 4- OMG REMY!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously the reason I joined the DIS is because after reading some of the TR I realized how much I have been missing being a local and sticking to what I like. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU for pointing out that Remy experience... :rotfl:

Oh and my dog totally did what you described as I laughed out loud every time. his head may just get stuck tilted to the side!

Thanks for posting the ring photo. Loveit! :)

Great review of Le Chef. We had lunch there in 2009 I think and I really enjoyed it but DH wasn't overly thrilled. Since this is MY birthday trip he is just going with whateVER I choose and this is my actual birthday day lunch plan. I have recently acquired a taste for French onion soup, weird since I have always despised onions. Hopefully this place will deliver on that for me. :rotfl:

Okay, I ended up being a little bit behind.

Okay, congratulations on completing the Disney Gauntlet! You made the right call taking it easy the next day. Man, that's some craziness right there! You accomplished so much. I bow to you! :worship:

I love Chefs de France and the Blue Steel is awesome! You're right, who doesn't love Zoolander? "It's the Zoolander school for people who can't read good". :laughing:

I love Remy. The last time we went, I thought I was filming him....fail...nope I wasn't. Der! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter