North Face Defect

Angry Eyes

Mouseketeer
In mid December I bought my DD a North Face OSO hoodie from skis.com. Since then, it has pilled terribly, everywhere. I work in an elementary school where I see many jackets of this type and no one's looks like my daughters. She takes good care of it and I have only washed it once according to the directions. I checked the North Face site tonight and skis.com is an authorized seller. I called skis.com and of course they were closed for the evening. Does anyone have first-hand experience returning a North Face product? Should I try the seller or North Face first? I am hoping for first hand accounts and not the "just Google it" responses. :) TIA

In mid December I bought my DD a North Face OSO hoodie from skis.com. Since then, it has pilled terribly, everywhere. I work in an elementary school where I see many jackets of this type and no one's looks like my daughters. She takes good care of it and I have only washed it once according to the directions. I checked the North Face site tonight and skis.com is an authorized seller. I called skis.com and of course they were closed for the evening. Does anyone have first-hand experience returning a North Face product? Should I try the seller or North Face first? I am hoping for first hand accounts and not the "just Google it" responses. :) TIA
I would call North Face directly and even mess with skis.com . This is a defect with the jacket and North Face should stand behind their product.

I am anxious to hear what happens. I just got done ordering my daughters ski ensemble from Ski's.com and practically everything I ordered was by North Face.

I can't even remember the details of what the product was or what the problem even was because it's been so many years ago....

but I remember talking to someone on the phone after I had a problem with a product or service and he basically told me, "I wish you would've contacted us first. We get penalized when returns/disputes are handled through the seller. It's always better to settle with the manufacturer."

That's not always logical if you're talking about a small product from the dollar store, of course. For a jacket through a company like North Face, I imagine they could fix the problem just as quickly and would prefer you contact them.

I also bought my daughter an Oso hoodie and it is doing the same thing! This is the 5th North Face we've owned in this house and I've never had this problem. I was debating also about contacting North Face directly. Please let me know if you have?

I would call North Face directly and even mess with skis.com . This is a defect with the jacket and North Face should stand behind their product.

I would defiently call North Face....they actually have really good customer service.

I just wanted to thank you for this thread :thumbsup2. It got me off my butt to contact Speedo about a swim suit I bought for my DD. I bought two suits with the same cut but in the same size but one fit and the other one didn't. I contacted the company I purchased it from and they said they couldn't help me because she wore it once. It was a $40 suit! I called Speedo today and they are going to help me out and replace the suit with a different size :cheer2:.

When I was in the market for a 3 in 1 North Face, I remember the reviews of the Boundary often said the interior jacket had shedding problems. That interior jacket looked exactly like an Oso. I'd call North Face.

OP here, I called North Face, the good news is, they do consider this a defect of the jacket and will replace it. The bad news is, I have to mail it to California (I am in Ohio) and the process can take 4-6 weeks! I told the rep I would prefer to not have my daughter be without her coat for 4-6 weeks in the winter in Ohio and she advised me that the warranty is for a lifetime for this fabric defect. She said we can wait until it's warmer to return it. So I guess, she wears the pilly one for now. By the time I get this one returned, she will likely have outgrown it! Sheesh.

OP, last year I ordered my 14 yr old an Osito (women's version of Oso) in a size small. It has had no pilling at all. I wonder if certain manufacturing lots had more pilling than others? Anyway, I hope the replacement jacket works out well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter