NoOrdinaryPrincess's Inaugural Dining Report: And we're back! (Updated 10/18)

Hi All!

We got back a few days ago, and are still trying to get back in the swing of things. I should start my DR this weekend, but until then, here's a teaser.

IMG_0654_zps6f52010f.jpg

This next letter instructed me to travel to Italy, as per the story, and try "un bacio" an Italian chocolate and hazelnut candy. Also the Italian word for "a kiss".

IMG_0408_zpsd33be70a.jpg

This particular delicacy can be found in the Delizie Italiane shop in the Italy pavilion. These are bell-shaped candies with cream filling surrounding large chunks of hazelnut and a dark chocolate coating.

I also have an image of me giving my Dearest un bacio, but you don't get to see that one.

Up next, the adventure that wasn't...

Late , but joining in!
Food is always good - as is this amazing scavenger hunt. :) I love it!

It had been a long day at the park. We had been at Epcot since about 20 minutes before rope drop and now it was time to start staking out a seat for Illuminations. As I saved our seats at a table in France, J ran over to Morocco for the Lamb Shawarma platter.

IMG_0487_zps772d6bc5.jpg

My notes remind me the lamb was well-cooked. The hummus was good, but would have benefited from more garlic. My notes are failing me on the other parts of the meal and, I must admit, the intervening 5 months and a *ahem* pair of Grand Marnier slushes [I do not take photographic evidence of such debauchery] have blurred my memory a bit. I suppose that's all the more reason to try this dish again on my trip next week.

This was the perfect ending to the perfect day. Sitting in the most Magical Place on Earth watching my favorite fireworks show with delicious Disney cuisine, and the greatest adventure partner a girl could ask for.

This is on our list of things to try - maybe one day for lunch! We keep meaning to try this place, but other places have won out.
And after seeing the avengers, I giggled too much over reading this to not get DH to go. :)

Hi All!

We got back a few days ago, and are still trying to get back in the swing of things. I should start my DR this weekend, but until then, here's a teaser.

IMG_0654_zps6f52010f.jpg

hooray! More envelopes! :)

Ok. Going to stop spamming your thread, and head to work now. :)

Welcome back, NOP! :wave2:

I can't wait for your reviews to start! :cool1: Oh, and I love your teaser pic!

BTW, will you be continuing with this thread for your new reviews or should I be on the look out for a new thread?

Hi All!

The blue envelopes!! btw I ordered the book and will start reading it after I finish the book club read! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews. I saw some of the photos on the live report!! Looks great!:cheer2:

jabead said:
Welcome back, NOP! :wave2:

I can't wait for your reviews to start! :cool1: Oh, and I love your teaser pic!

BTW, will you be continuing with this thread for your new reviews or should I be on the look out for a new thread?

Thanks, Barb. I think I'll just use this one, so the envelope narrative is all in one place.

MLinDisney said:
The blue envelopes!! btw I ordered the book and will start reading it after I finish the book club read! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews. I saw some of the photos on the live report!! Looks great!:cheer2:

Thanks so much. I hope my reviews and recommendations live up to your expectations.

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip...I love the blue envelopes. :)

Jill in CO

My birthday and our anniversary are a week apart as well! We didn't really plan it that way either but my husband has promised he won't skimp on me as a result ;).

Looking forward to your reviews!

Yay! Cant wait to read about how your trip went and what the boys planned on 'their' day ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter