Noon arrival at DCA - TOMORROW 10/5 - Plan of attack?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by hurleysweety, Oct 4, 2012.

1. hurleysweety

hurleysweety <font color=deeppink>DISPrincess in Training<br><f

Going with DH to his conference in DLR this weekend! Best place to have one, right?!

We're driving and arriving tomorrow at 11am and instead of going to the beach or shopping, we snagged DLR conference tix (thanks gay days!) at a great rate so I got a 2 day hopper, and he got a 1 day one park. We will go Friday 12-6 (dinner is at 7, and I'm invited if I want). Next day will be DCA with some friends in the morning then over to DLR to meet up with the conference group which will be given free twilight (After 4pm - 1 park) tix.

Here is my current plan, Friday, 12-6pm

TOT FP
    Lunch at Flo's
    TSMM (will be a 40 min wait, no matter when we go, I assume)
    California Screamin'
    Single rider RSR
    Soarin FP
    TOT using FP
    Animation Academy
    Little Mermaid
    Soarin using FP

Does this seem like the best plan of attack?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rewardsinlife

rewardsinlife Mouseketeer

I would maybe hit soarin after tsmm then California screaming and RSR..let lunch settle a little more! ;)

4. hurleysweety

Thanks!

Good point about lunch - I'm sure we'll be starving, so we might eat before we even get to the parks. That is usually what happens - probably has to do with waking up at 5am that makes us hungry for lunch at 10:30 and starving by noon! ;)

5. BryANDJessMom

BryANDJessMom Mouseketeer

Just a reminder CA Screaming is currently discounted to the FP system, so I would get a FP for it right after you get your first FP of the day, enjoy!!

6. DLR29

DLR29 We create happiness

Hey I'm thinking of maybe stopping by tomorrow, but not sure at this point. I haven't gone to DLR all semester ( :scared1: ), and if I don't go this weekend, I may not go until late October because of my busy weekends! I'm craving a DLR fix! :rotfl2: We'll see. Hope you have fun today. :thumbsup2

7. hurleysweety

Thanks for the help, everyone. We were able to ride RSR single rider, eat at Pacific Wharf Cafe, ride Toy Story, Screamin, Soarin, Little Mermaid and show the park to another conference person that we brought with us who had never been before. We had TOT FP for me and our guest, but after taking him on Screamin - he was a bit shaken up! It was great to see it through new eyes. All things considered, I think it was a successful 12:30-5pm visit, and worth the cost of the tix.

DH and I had time to go back later from 8-10pm and try out Flos (YUM!) and enjoy the nighttime ambiance. We were exhausted after being up since 5am. We saw HallowWishes from Cars Land at night and called that a pretty good day and some great quality time together. Who says Disney is all about rides anyway? :thumbsup2