Non-park restaurant, not too much $$, for group of 20-ish

DisneyDudet

Disney Music Addict!
My fiancé and I are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion in October. We are looking at doing a dinner somewhere (he wants it on property) that isn't too expensive, but that could accommodate a party of almost 20. Of course, it needs to be pretty yummy, and not too adult, as there will be 2 children and 2 babies. I don't like seafood, and my fiancé's family doesn't really either. We are not elegant people so, it doesn't have to be fancy, but I would like it to be nice.

I'm not opposed to DTD either. I've looked at menus, but I don't know if places can accommodate my large group :(

O'Hana can accommodate fairly large parties (not sure about 20) but you will need to make any ADRs far in advance. I would call the dining reservation line and ask as they probably have access to some of the restaurants that may have a side room (etc). I do know that Il Mulino at the Swan has a few side rooms and can probably accommodate large parties but it's not cheap.

Do you have a Disney wedding planner for your wedding? They may be able to guide in the right direction.;)

Grand Floridan Cafe is beautiful, has yummy food and isn't too expensive. You can make an ADR for up to 25 people by calling and speaking to the manager.

Grand Floridan Cafe is beautiful, has yummy food and isn't too expensive. You can make an ADR for up to 25 people by calling and speaking to the manager.

I was actually looking at the menu and it actually seems cheaper than A LOT of other places. I assume I will have to wait the 180 days before calling the manager, correct? That won't be a problem. If worse comes to worse... there's always a food court at a resort ;)

DisneyDudet said:
I was actually looking at the menu and it actually seems cheaper than A LOT of other places. I assume I will have to wait the 180 days before calling the manager, correct? That won't be a problem. If worse comes to worse... there's always a food court at a resort ;)

Yes, I do believe you have to wait for the reservation period. DD had her wedding reception there but she couldn't call it a wedding reception as she was married off-site. It was just considered a large group of 25 combined with three small groups of five and everything worked out well. The CMs were very nice!!

We cannot seem to really find a location to fit my fiancé's budget. He would like to stay about $25 per person, but wants a buffet. I told him that is not really possible for dinner. Ii tried to talk him into a farewell breakfast the next day, but he's adament about the dinner.

Any suggestions? What about off site close by?

We cannot seem to really find a location to fit my fiancé's budget. He would like to stay about $25 per person, but wants a buffet . . .

1) Trail's End Buffet, Fort Wilderness.
2) Price: (tax included, but not tip)
. . . 02/15/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 02/25/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84
. . . 03/08/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 04/08/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84
. . . 06/07/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 08/18/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84

NOTE: It fits the budget, and has a few other benefits for you and/or guests,
. . . have a nice boat ride to/from FW
. . . walk around the campground before or after dinner
. . . attend the Chip-n-Dale Singalong Campfire
. . . drink at a nice bar next door (Crockett's Tavern)

I love trails end, but I don't know how well 20 people will fit. I agree it fits the budget, but my super picky fiancé says its not 'nice enough'.

It looks as though he wants to do 1900 Park Fare. It's more than he wants to pay, but its at GF where the wedding is, a buffet, and the characters will occupy his nieces. They have never been to Disney, and probably will never go again. They told he girls they are going. So the younger one came up to me and asked, "Is Cinderella it Disney World? Can I meet her?" Ugh! Well of course!! I hope Cinderella shows up for her!

"Is Cinderella it Disney World? Can I meet her?" Ugh! Well of course!! I hope Cinderella shows up for her!

Here is the 1900 Park Fare characters per Kenny the Pirate:

1900 Park Fare Grand Floridian Dinner Cinderella, Prince Charming, Tremaine Family

1) Trail's End Buffet, Fort Wilderness.
2) Price: (tax included, but not tip)
. . . 02/15/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 02/25/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84
. . . 03/08/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 04/08/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84
. . . 06/07/2013 Adult: $26.62, Child: $14.90
. . . 08/18/2013 Adult: $24.49, Child: $13.84

NOTE: It fits the budget, and has a few other benefits for you and/or guests,
. . . have a nice boat ride to/from FW
. . . walk around the campground before or after dinner
. . . attend the Chip-n-Dale Singalong Campfire
. . . drink at a nice bar next door (Crockett's Tavern)

This! They can certainly handle the crowd downstairs (about 6 steps). It is perfect and you can watch the fireworks and boat parade from the beach at the end of the night.

DisneyDudet said:
I love trails end, but I don't know how well 20 people will fit. I agree it fits the budget, but my super picky fiancé says its not 'nice enough'.

It looks as though he wants to do 1900 Park Fare. It's more than he wants to pay, but its at GF where the wedding is, a buffet, and the characters will occupy his nieces. They have never been to Disney, and probably will never go again. They told he girls they are going. So the younger one came up to me and asked, "Is Cinderella it Disney World? Can I meet her?" Ugh! Well of course!! I hope Cinderella shows up for her!
Being picky costs money. If you are too good for trails end then you don't have many buffet options left at that price

1900 Park Fare dinner definitely has both Cinderella and Prince Charming...they come around to all the tables for pictures, as well as lead little dances in the center of the restaurant for the kids to join them. The bigger show there is Cinderella's stepsisters & stepmother. The girls playing the stepsisters are hilarious (flirting with little boys, arguing with each other, screeching across the restaurant at each other. The stepmother is austere & stern, totally in character. The little ones love Cinderella, the adults enjoy the stepsisters antics.)

There's no way you'll get that for $25 per person, though...more like $38-43, depending on what season you're going.

And, if you want to book reservations for a large group, you will have to call them...they don't book large parties on-line.

Being picky costs money. If you are too good for trails end then you don't have many buffet options left at that price

That was quite rude. I love Trail's End, if you didn't read my post correctly. Trail's end was the first place I suggested to my fiance. I know it's the cheapest buffet option, but we are having a nice wedding, and are looking for a nicer option. We know we will pay more money for nicer. I'm not that dense. If you see, I've been to WDW many times. I know things will cost money. I was just asking for suggestions. We know we have few cheap options and were hoping someone had an idea I hadn't thought about. At Disney, we eat cheaply, except for the random Le Cellier visit. If anything, most places are too nice for me. So please, don't be rude. There was no need for it.

We will do 1900 Park Fare. I've never been and it would be nice to do something for the whole family.

DisneyDudet said:
That was quite rude. I love Trail's End, if you didn't read my post correctly. Trail's end was the first place I suggested to my fiance. I know it's the cheapest buffet option, but we are having a nice wedding, and are looking for a nicer option. We know we will pay more money for nicer. I'm not that dense. If you see, I've been to WDW many times. I know things will cost money. I was just asking for suggestions. We know we have few cheap options and were hoping someone had an idea I hadn't thought about. At Disney, we eat cheaply, except for the random Le Cellier visit. If anything, most places are too nice for me. So please, don't be rude. There was no need for it.

We will do 1900 Park Fare. I've never been and it would be nice to do something for the whole family.

You said you fiance is picky and it is not nice enough. You were rude first

If you want nice it will cost you. How is that true statement rude? You want $25 to spend with $40 taste.

No more criteria is needed. We have have made our choice.

It wasn't about taste at all. It's was just a question. If no one had any better ideas than I had, then so be it. Just thought I'd ask since I knew that it would be hard to come by. I didn't need people to tell me that it wasn't going to be easy to stick with what he wanted to pay. That's why I asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter