Non park/All women trip suggestions please

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by DeeCee735, Sep 27, 2012.

1. DeeCee735

DeeCee735 "How Do You Know of the Key?"

Hi everyone. I will be at the BWV with 4 of my cousins for a few days in early November. So far we are spending one day at Seaworld's Discovery Cove. Other than that, we are staying in WDW. We are only there 3 nights, and I only booked one dinner at Flying Fish Cafe.

Any suggestions as what else to do during the other two days and one night? We do not want to do the spa at Dolphin so far.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I'd plan to go see the fireworks from the TOWL at BLT. I would also plan to go to AKV for the animal/talks evening presentations and get over to the GF to listen to the music on evening.

Is Bob Jackson going to be there when you are? His show is a hoot.
    http://yehaabob.com/All_the_Latest___.html

Enjoy the fun trip with your DCuzs!

Bobbi:goodvibes

4. DeeCee735

Thank you, both great suggestions. Question though, if you don't mind.
    Please tell me what kind of show Bob's show is? And would you eat dinner at Port Orleans if he's there that night? How's the service and the food?

As for TOWL how early would you suggest we get there? I don't want to get there too early, as I don't want the girls to get bored waiting for the fireworks. Also, is there a menu of any kind there, for appetizers or snacks with drinks while we wait? thank you very much for these great ideas.

5. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We've enjoyed dinner at Boatwrights.
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=296
    Bob is a piano player/singer, his show is enjoyed by all ages. I've heard that after his break around 10, it's a bit more adult oriented, but we've never stayed up that long!

Also, I think there are still carriage rides at Riverside.

The Menu at TOWL is NOT MUCH AT ALL! How about eating at the Wave at the Contemporary? I've eaten there and enjoyed it. Go up to the lounge about an hour before the fireworks, to enjoy drinks or not. There may be flatbreads that I've heard are good, but there's not a kitchen, so really don't go to TOWL expecting to eat.

I have a friend coming with me in January. She did a whirlwind trip in May with DGC and family. She told me more than anything she wants to enjoy a quiet time at the GF, they had only stopped there for the character meal, which she thought was crazy, but really wants to visit there. I've made us an ADR at the GF Cafe, and we're good to go that night!

Bobbi:goodvibes

6. DeeCee735

Thanks Bobbi! I'm going to try for both :)

7. dapod423

dapod423 Mouseketeer

Head over to SSR for a spa treatment!!!!! They have DVC discounts!

8. RCharnay

RCharnay DIS Veteran

There are some fun tours which don't require park admission. It's a nice way to get a bit of Disney without actually doing the parks.

We've also done the Segway tour of Celebration. It's a bit cheaper than wdw but fun and pretty-especially if it's a nice day.

9. DeeCee735

Thanks guys! I really like the idea of going to POR to see the entertainer. He will be there on our dates. I was thinking of having dinner in Boatwrights and then going to the lounge for the show, however I'm not crazy about that menu. Has anyone ever eaten at Boatwright's for dinner? I'm not crazy about spicy food, is all of it spicy/cajun?

Any other resorts close by POR? We have a car, I'm thinking perhaps dinner in a nearby resort and then the lounge at POR??:confused3

Any ideas? Thanks,

10. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

I take a trip with my girlfriends every year. Some of our favorite girlie things to do are - Tea at the Grand Floridian, any dining in Italy (handsome waiters!), shopping in DTD, visiting the Ditch (La Cava).....we always laugh so much, it is so wonderful to go to WDW with friends/cousins!:)

11. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

Having a car makes the difference!

This is what we do on non-park Orlando vacations:

1. Outlet Mall - Go to Cross Roads, Make a right, at Apopka/Vineland ( Little Lake Bryan ) make a left, keep going till you hit the oulets! I hate to shop but my son, 16 and his friends love it!

2. We love going to the movies and now we are hooked on DTD Dine in Theater, drinks and really good food and a movie, can't beat it!

3. Special dinner for the girls and/or just drinks and appetizers at the bar, Blue Zoo at the Dolphin has it all. You can walk there or take the boat! Check out the menu on allears.net . It's my favorite restaurant at thsi moment!

4. You can hit Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk, they have music, I've been , but a long time ago, it was fun!

5. I really enjoy a leisurely, late night dinner at Kouzzina! Very good Greek cuisine!

12. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

The closest resorts to POR are OKW and SSR. It is just around the corner from the 2 of them.

It also might be fun to check out the new Art of Animation resort.

We like to do some boat riding around DTD when we are not doing the parks. You could always drive to DTD and eat and then take the boat to POR and have drinks in the lounge there and then return to DTD to pick up the car.

13. VrBchJ

VrBchJ DIS Veteran

After dinner at the Flying Fish you can hang out on the boardwalk and enjoy the entertainment for a bit and then go to Jelly Rolls. It's really a lot of fun. We always play a round of miniature golf at the Fantasia course.

14. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

You could enjoy the MK fireworks on the Poly Beach. Then you could hit the bar up by O'Hana's for a Lapu Lapu..yum!

15. diswish

diswish Mouseketeer

We enjoy monorail bar-hopping with adult groups. Stop at a bar in each hotel and enjoy a drink and snacks. This usually takes about 3 hours for us.
    When we stay at OKW, a boat ride to DTD for a movie, dinner and shopping is a must.

16. iluveeyore

iluveeyore DIS Veteran

Jelly Rolls, Jelly Rolls, Jelly Rolls! Oh, did I mention....Jelly Rolls!!! Took my BFF in August, had a great evening!
    Also, we enjoyed a great afternoon at the Garden View Tea Lounge in the Grand Floridian!:thumbsup2

17. DeeCee735

Thank you! We will definitely be doing jelly rolls. I've been there a few times and know what a blast it will be. I'm going to book some things to finalize our itinerary and then post our plans.

Thanks to all of you! You guys are great!

18. ftballfan7

ftballfan7 DIS Veteran

Pillow fights in lingerie.

19. DeeCee735

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
    Now that's a great idea!!!:cool1: