Non-Owner AKV booking

Boston5602

DIS Veteran
I called this morning and booked my trip it was only two nights , and I waited to do both at once. I know I was booking a Friday and Saturday night in mid January so it whouldn't be to hard to get ,but am still very pleased to have gotten exactly what I wanted, Savannah View Studio. Now we're doing 6nights at BWV then move over to 2 nights at AKV !!!

I also got 5 nights in a Savannah view studio (S-Th) for mid Jan when I called Monday morning. I actually had my choice of sav or standard. I too was very surprised.

I also got 5 nights in a Savannah view studio (S-Th) for mid Jan when I called Monday morning. I actually had my choice of sav or standard. I too was very surprised.

So you are using DVC points it is just that the AKV are not your home resort? Or did you pay cash?

I tried the end of September and couldn't get in, but I only wanted standard, went to OKW instead.

They should have more rooms opened up by the first of the year.

Using points. I didn't really expect to get AKV at 7 months when I know that there isn't that much inventory.

We're staying Jan. 12-14 and I called on Tuesday to get three AKL Savannah View Studios -- there was NO availability. Too hard to waitlist with three rooms, so we're just staying at OKW. We're staying on after our family leaves and I managed to snap up the last Savannah View for Jan. 14-18.

Just got off the phone and booked a 2 BDM SV for the 1st week in May '08!:goodvibes Had to bank and borrow since this was our "add-on" contract. MS said they would most likely be having construction during the day while there. As long as they don't scare off all the animals in the savannah who cares! Now have to figure when the 7 month window arrives if it is worth doing the rebook with our SSR points if there is still room available. Can't Wait ! Food and wine in Oct, pirate: Merry Xmas in Dec,:santa: and already planning our May trip.....think we are DIS nuts or what:rolleyes1 :cool1:

Just got off the phone and booked a 2 BDM SV for the 1st week in May '08!:goodvibes Had to bank and borrow since this was our "add-on" contract. MS said they would most likely be having construction during the day while there. As long as they don't scare off all the animals in the savannah who cares! Now have to figure when the 7 month window arrives if it is worth doing the rebook with our SSR points if there is still room available. Can't Wait ! Food and wine in Oct, pirate: Merry Xmas in Dec,:santa: and already planning our May trip.....think we are DIS nuts or what:rolleyes1 :cool1:

Just remember that banking and borrowing are irreversable processes. You would not be able to unbank and unborrow to use SSR points.

Right, thats why I have to see when else the DW wants to go. I'm sure we will use up all the points....either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter