Non Disney Exchanges

Our family went white water rafting this summer using points and it was the trip of a lifetime. Disney chose OARS as its company for the rafting adventure and I can tell you they are FANTABULOUS!!!!!! It was like campimg gourmet style. I love WDW and we go every year, there is no replacement for natural beauty. We camped on beaches and swam in the river. The food was wonderful and the river guides were so great. I highly reccomend this trip. I have a few pics of our trip at photopoint. Use the name Deseylou@aol.com to view. If you have any ???'s email me. :cool: :) :D

Our family went skiing this past winter to Keystone. We stayed in a 2 br condominium in the River Run section of Keystone. We loved the Keystone community, very family oriented. River Run was right at the base of the Gondola lift and a 4-person chair lift. We could also walk to ski school, shopping & restaurants. There were very convenient shuttles to take you to the other Keystone areas. Keystone village has a frozen pond for ice skating for the kids with shops surrounding it for Mom. Our condo was very nice and very tastefully decorated. It was not as big as the DVC 2 br's at OKW, it only slept 6, rather than 8, and not as much walking around room, but the kitchen was very well stocked and we had plenty of places to sit and 2 tv's with VCR's.

We're thinking of using some of our points next year for one of the London accommodations. Does anyone have any information on this?

We have an exchange for Kona Resort II in Hawaii next year.

Disneydiane

We used our points for the cruise and are booked for 3 nights in London at the Dorchester. The Dorchester Hotel is on the top 10 list per Conte Nast magazine in Europe. We are using 57 points a night for accommodations that at the high season are 300 pounds a night = $ 340 USD++

Ed

We just made reservations for the Grand Hotel. We will be staying two nights in June.

The whole process was very easy. The only problem that I had was trying to dial into MS. Once I got through, they handled everything quickly.

Clark Averill

DxL 95
DL 97
Off-Site 98-Courtyard/DD
DxL 00
Joined DVC - Sept 00
BWV - Feb 01

We stayed at the Windham Hill Inn in Vermont in April, 2000. The inn was very nice - very picturesque setting - and the food was wonderful! It was very relaxing and I'd recommend this Concierge selection.

We stayed at the Whitehall this past August. Our room was immaculate. If you have ever been to Chicago along the "Magnificent Mile" you could not have had a better or more convenient place to stay. We were literally 1/2 of a block from the John Hancock building which is next to Water Tower Place. On the block right below and behind our building was Ghiardelli's (spelling???) soda shop. There was all kinds of fine dining and a complimentary towncar and driver to take us to area attractions. That's right COMPLIMENTARY!!! We saw three shows while we were there and the driver dropped us off at the front door. It was wonderful!!! Be prepared though, the require a $75 deposit per night for incidentals. Oh and by the way, if you are interested in purchasing one of the terry cloth bathrobes in your room, they are only $195.00 a piece.

We are hoping to take the kids to Washingon D.C. when they are a little older. Has anyone stayed at the Jefferson in Washington D.C. on points? Is it nice? How close is it to the White House and various monuments?

We have stayed in several and so far have not been disappointed.
Kona Coast II, great place very clean beautiful landscaping. No beach but several nearby.

Tanque Verde Ranch, If you like to ride horses you'll love it. We had our meals family style and met great people vacationing from all over!

Royal Gardens in London, This a great hotel in a great part of town! Right next to Kensington Palace, subway and lots of history. We went here instead of the Dorchester because Dorchester wanted too much for a child, Royal Gardens were much more reasonable. Dorchester must be very nice and we will try them in the future when we go on our own.

Grand Cayman, If there is anyplace I would want to return, it's Grand Cayman. People remark how wonderful Castaway Cay is, they should go to GC. The condo we had there was older and lacked the latest in amenities but still clean, on the beach and convenient location.

We'll be doing many more trades in the future, so far we love them.

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
Rich from Maryland
DVC members of
OKW & HH
See the real Countdown to Extinction

I would love to try Tanque Verde ranch and the Cayman's sound superb. What sort of amount of point's does it cost for a week at an exchange property.

Scott
:)

This depends on the season you are exchanging into and what is available for you to exchange at the time. MS will tell you what to expect for points. I got a 1 BR exchange for our Hawaii for 160 pts., which is adventure season. I was surprised, since when I called to start the exchange, they thought it would be more. Sometimes you get lucky!

Disneydiane

Our family stayed there 2 summers ago. It is very nice and should be for the points we paid. It really isn't a children place, but my children are adults. It is 4 blocks from the White House. It is close to the metro system and very safe for travel in the area. The rooms are OK but I found our bathroom very small. My children's bathroom was larger. We got the suite so we could all be together. There are many sights to see in the area but lots of walking. We made the mistake of walking to the Capital-don't do it!!! It is too far. Take the metro there. The places to eat are rather expensive in the area. On the weekend many of the places are closed. There are several hotels in the area if you want hotel food. The food in the Jefferson is very expensive and adults would like it more than children. Over all it was a great location and we had a great time.

I have stayed at the Jefferson several times. It is a great location, but I have always been there on business. It is not a kid's place. You would be better off renting your points and going to chain hotel in VA on the metro--that's what we did this summer when we were hosting three exchange students--it was great.

We have 60 points to"burn" before April. We were planning to go to the Grove Park Inn--any reports?

I took a 5 day raft trip last summer with Canyoneers through the Grand Canyon. It also was fantastic! What were the points required for the Oars Trip?

The Grovepark is a beautiful resort. Really awsome in Oct when the leaves are changing. Great food, as I remember an awsome Sunday brunch. Don't miss a tour of Biltmore Estates & Gardens.

Hi Bob
I cant remember how many points the rafting trip used up. I do know that the airfare from Boise, Id to the starting point of Salmon, ID and then the airfare from the ending point of McCall.Id back to Boise is included in the points.
When we called MS and told them we ouldnt need the airfare, they credited us with 75 points.
It was the most awesome trip.

We just booked a 2br in Kauai for June for 263 points. I was really surprised something became available because we were rather limited in our travel dates and I only put in the request a few weeks ago. But, MS worked their magic and we found what we were looking for after turning down the first match at a "B" resort. After staying with disney you only want the best!! We've also used our points for the cruise and are planning to use them at Missouri's Big Cedar Lodge later this year as well. It's nice to take a break from WDW every now and then.

We are staying 2 nights in Vermont at Juniper Hill Inn a bed and breakfast offered throught the Conceirge Collection, and we booked a cruise for the Fall. One suggestion, look up the place on the internet. I found Juniper Hill Inn had a great web site and found a lot of helpful information. It helped me decide which location in Vermont I wanted and also limited the amount of questions I would have had to ask MS.
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter