non-candy easter basket ideas ?

I just sent a box to my son(college) full of candy to share and a card. In it I puta Steam gift card. Found at Target. They also had Google play gift cards. I also sent those single serve Nutella things with the breadsticks.

My little guys are each getting a 3ds game Toysrus had buyone get one40 off. Then for little stuff, Lego guys, smelly stickers, mine craft swords if they come in time. Pinky balls because there can never be enough balls.

My daughter teen wanted monsters Inc. And some hair stuff. We have been on a nail kick and overdid it. I am also going to use myViggle points to get her a Sephora gift card. Oh and Nutella.

Ok I just went to Walmart and this is what I got for each boy.

Goldfish crackers, underwear, flip flops, bandaids, toothbrushes, candy, plastic eggs that I will fill with jelly beans, a can of chef boyardee ravioli (I never let them eat that), gushers, gum, and thats it! Since when do Easter baskets contain high price items? When I was a kid we only got candy. No offense but Easter has gotten way out of hand:confused3

Here's a fun thing the kids can make:

Rice Krispie Eggs. Make a batch of Rice Krispies and put them inside the plastic eggs. You can add in some M&M's, Reeces Pieces or Smarties (Canadians only-those hard sour candies wouldn't taste very good) in the middle if you wish.

They make a nice treat without being more chocolate.

I always give my nieces and my nephew 1 candy item and then something like bubbles, chalk, etc. This year they are getting some summer clothes. I got a great deal on some swim shorts for my nephew that came with a tank top and I made dresses for the nieces. They get plenty of candy from the grandparents and parents.

Ok I just went to Walmart and this is what I got for each boy.

Goldfish crackers, underwear, flip flops, bandaids, toothbrushes, candy, plastic eggs that I will fill with jelly beans, a can of chef boyardee ravioli (I never let them eat that), gushers, gum, and thats it! Since when do Easter baskets contain high price items? When I was a kid we only got candy. No offense but Easter has gotten way out of hand:confused3

Same here--my budget is $20 total for both kids combined. They will get a few eggs with candy in them, a small spring toy from the dollar store and a few eggs with quarters in them. My kids have WAY too much crap anyway. Our Easter Bunny isn't huge and can't carry big baskets full of big gifts. Just like our Santa Claus can't bring live pets because they would get loose in his sleigh.

My kids will also get easter baskets from grandparents, 2 sets of great-grandparents, and aunts. Seriously--its complete overload and most of it ends up being thrown away within a couple of months.

I have two boys (7 & 10) and Easter for us is always very small. We have purposefully kept it that way. Fun toothbrush, mini chocolate bunny, peeps, jelly beans in plastic eggs for a mini easter egg hunt, and a small outside toy. This year we are even skipping the basket. Last year at Michaels I found these really big plastic eggs on sale after Easter. They came in a set of three and the largest is 12" tall. Everything will be in plastic eggs and part of the egg hunt.

What about boys? Mine are 9 & 12

My boys are 11 and 14. Here is what I have so far for each kiddo:
Some candy: Pez
chocolate bunny
pooping chicken (jelly beans)
Minecraft t-shirt
3 vinylmation (got from Disney Store on sale for $1.99 each!!!)
new mouth guards for their lacrosse helmets
squeezy ball shaped like bunny

I think I may add a scratchers ticket or two and whatever I can see on this board to give me ideas. Maybe iTunes cards. My parents got them each a Microsoft card for the Xbox.

Usually I get a bunch of Disney Pins and put them in eggs, and I get a plain box of Legos building set (not a kit) and put 1-3 lego pieces in each egg and change. I NEVER put candy in eggs. They don't want to do an egg hunt for the first time so I feel like something is missing.

My dd 9 is getting:
$10 itunes gift card
Large book of Suduko puzzles
Light up toy
hair ties
A few pieces of chocolate

That's it!

Our baskets are pretty small - doesn't take too much to fill them.

This was my favorite response!

Completely reasonable and fun. Reminds me of my easters :)

How about small plastic eggs with dollar bills folded into origami?
There are several free iphone (and Android) APs that have Dollar Origami designs.
There is a new design by John Montroll every month in the Spirit magazine (if anyone is taking a flight in the next few days, there is a design for a crane in the March issue. :) )

Or, here is a link on YouTube Dollar Origami

I'm having trouble with my DD10 but so far these are my ideas:

Frozen DVD
Newest Kingdom Keepers book (out April 1 I believe)
fun socks
earrings
flip flops

This year is my first time doing two Easter baskets. I did go a bit overboard however it's mostly stuff they would have gotten anyway.

DD age 8 has:
Box set of "Little House on the Prairie" books (I usually buy any books she has any interest in to keep her reading since she struggled so much in the beginning.)

Dress that matches her sisters (she has wanted a sister for a long time and one of the things she was excited about was matching outfits.)

Elsa And Ana Barbie doll. (The only thing I wouldn't have just bought.)

Lots of hair bows, clips, headbands (Forever 21 they are so cheap and cute!)

She will get a little bit of candy but not a lot.

The second basket is for a newborn. Only doing the basket since my first DD expects her to receive one.

Books, stuffed bunny and matching dress. No candy for her lol

I buy mine what I need to buy anyway...so
- A new swimsuit
- A new new swim cap and goggles
- A new t-shirt, shorts/skirt, and/or dress
- New sandal Crocs

The I'm adding
- 2 new fun books (Easter tradition for books to be big - gotta have something to read at the pool:)
- An outdoor toy (maybe a super soaker, jump rope or pool toy)
- A Disney Infinity Playset (Lone Ranger)
- An Easter Chocolate cross
- Some random chocolates

And, I'm done. The basket gets bulked up by the clothes/shoes my child needs anyway...I do the same for all my kids - swimsuits, crocs, summer clothes, and goggles will be in all baskets as will 1-2 books...and then 1-2 specific wants and chocolate...

I usually fill the baskets with items from ChristianBook.com. You can get CD's for less than $5, books (ok, that was a given), jewelry...

DD12 is getting:

- A big ole bag of cotton balls :rotfl2:
I am totally getting that for DD7 now! She just offered me $1 for my giant bag from Target for her crafts - thanks!

OP, I know you said you're done, but this infrared thermometer is so cool and has entertained my kids for weeks now, seriously. Best $10 I ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Ins...m_sbs_k_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FTTWH61K45R01NNJWEK

And for new reading material, has she read The Guardians books that the movie was based on? http://www.amazon.com/Aster-Bunnymu...OYK_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395811201&sr=1-6 - perfect for Easter and the whole series is great. DS10 stayed up every night for a week to read all 4.

DD is 8 and I try to keep candy down to small amounts. Here is what she is getting:

Bandits (charms) for Disney Magic Band- a friend just went to WDW and picked them up for me. I got cute eggs from Dollar Tree that have clear tops to display them.
DVC Member luggage tag
Sentsy Buddy Bunny with Jumpin' Jelly Bean scent (stuffed animal that has a Scentsy scent pack in it)
Swim goggles
Glow Sticks
Small lego friends sets
Girl Scout camp headband
LED clip light for bike/scooter

Things I totally forgot to put in Christmas Stocking... now for Easter! :rotfl2:
Undies from Justice, at least they are spring colored!
American Girl glasses that looks like DD's glasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter