NOAA weather radio, flashlight solar/wind up recommendation

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Tink-n-MrIncredible, May 27, 2013.

1. Tink-n-MrIncredible

Tink-n-MrIncredible DIS Veteran

Hi all I was just reading the hurricane preparedness thread. It mentioned a NOAA radio. Last hurricane I could have used one. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get? I would like to get one that is rechargeable by wind-up or solar. A flash light attached would be a bonus. TIA

2. sandramaac

sandramaac <font color=blue>Needs to look harder...<br><font

If you can afford it, go with a whole home generator--well woth the security and the cost.

3. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

I have a Midland weather radio, but not the crank up kind. I do need to get one for the cell charger just in case. Red Cross has one out. Amazon sells different ones.

4. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

We have a couple of these types of radios in the house. I really have no preferences on any of them, except that I needed a new one, I'd get a solar and hand-cranked, with a flashlight, and AM/FM as well as the NOAA stations in the very smallest size possible.

I've only ever had to evacuate for a stormfro for a short period using my own vehicles , but you never know what the future might hold. (And even with your own vehicle, space is ALWAYS at a premium.) I just feel more comfortable with one that I can drop into my purse or into a backpack or even put into a pocket.