No wbta 2013

Just requested to join the Facebook group.

Also, I think Gus and I got missed on the rollcall as I didn't see us listed.

Can you please add us: Chasity (DW) & Gus (DH). Not sure if we're doing ages but we're 35 & 36 or 37 & 38 at the time of cruise. Ugh. When did that happen. :eek:

Thanks!

Hi, welcome :wave:

Sorry I have been a bit slow updating the list as it's so frustrating waiting to get planning. I will add you now. :thumbsup2

Once we are able to book I will make sure everyone is on the list as & when we all make our reservations. :)

Hi, welcome :wave:

Sorry I have been a bit slow updating the list as it's so frustrating waiting to get planning. I will add you now. :thumbsup2

Once we are able to book I will make sure everyone is on the list as & when we all make our reservations. :)

Thanks! Hope something happens soon!! Don't they know this is torture!

Good Morning, Happy Cruiser Wannabes!

Thanks! Hope something happens soon!! Don't they know this is torture!
Don't know - Don't Care!

Finished about half my Hawaii cruise scrapbook over the weekend. Haven't gone NEAR the cruise portion yet:rolleyes: Just DL, Hawaii, and Las Vegas.

While at Disneyland, I saw a lady wearing a jacket made of pop top tabs, and took her picture. (It was very cute) Would you believe, I actually found "pop top" themed paper? That will have to be a featured page:rotfl:

Happy day, all!

I am getting so fed up of waiting for this to be announced ....frustrated isn't the word! Only 16 months to go until we might be setting sail. Surely they have to release the dates soon as people need to book their 2013 leave etc.
In the meantime I am planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in October so that gives me something to look forward to in the meantime : )

It is now beyond frustrating and boring waiting now.
Dcl have a new mobile site that wasn't there yesterday!
Maybe they should put that time into dealing with their itineraries rather than playing at making their website look pretty :scared:

I am getting so fed up of waiting for this to be announced ....frustrated isn't the word! Only 16 months to go until we might be setting sail. Surely they have to release the dates soon as people need to book their 2013 leave etc.
In the meantime I am planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in October so that gives me something to look forward to in the meantime : )

Glad you have a mini trip to look forward to now Sarah :)
We have our September holiday fast approaching but I start to get fidgety if I don't have anything in place for the following year. Makes it even harder to come home from the holiday than normal. :sad2:

We have just over a month before DH bids his leave. If there isn't an announcement before then, we most likely won't go. It's VERY hard to get two + weeks in a row as it is, so we just have our fingers crossed at the moment!

I did write to DCL last week and even though I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about when I schedule my vacation, I wrote to them asking if they had an expected release date since I needed to put in for my 2013 vacation by the end of the month.

Their repsonse was:

Thank you for your interest in a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

As you are aware, we have itineraries for Disney Fantasy and Disney
Dream through 2013.

As far as sailings for Disney Magic past August, 2013, Disney Wonder
past September, 2013, or all sailings for 2014 and beyond, we are still
waiting for these to be announced.

We do not have a projected time when these will be available to reserve.​
I've mentioned in past emails that I had sailed the Dream and Fantasy itineraries previously on the Magic and Wonder and had sailed the Dream last October with the Fantasy scheduled for this fall so was interedted in finding what itineraries were set for the Wonder and Magic for Fall 2013. Same basic response.

So I'm guessing the only email campaign that might work is for all of us to email directly to the head of DCL!!

I did write to DCL last week and even though I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about when I schedule my vacation, I wrote to them asking if they had an expected release date since I needed to put in for my 2013 vacation by the end of the month.

Their repsonse was:

Thank you for your interest in a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

As you are aware, we have itineraries for Disney Fantasy and Disney
Dream through 2013.

As far as sailings for Disney Magic past August, 2013, Disney Wonder
past September, 2013, or all sailings for 2014 and beyond, we are still
waiting for these to be announced.

We do not have a projected time when these will be available to reserve.​
I've mentioned in past emails that I had sailed the Dream and Fantasy itineraries previously on the Magic and Wonder and had sailed the Dream last October with the Fantasy scheduled for this fall so was interedted in finding what itineraries were set for the Wonder and Magic for Fall 2013. Same basic response.

So I'm guessing the only email campaign that might work is for all of us to email directly to the head of DCL!!

Do you have his email address Melodie ?

I just sent an email. I also said I was sure I'd get the "stock" reply back, but that I wish someone really would read it.

I just sent an email. I also said I was sure I'd get the "stock" reply back, but that I wish someone really would read it.

Would you mind posting what you wrote in the email, Holly? It takes me quite long to put together a proper "business email" in english, so it would be much quicker if you allowed me to use yours with a little variation. Then I could email Mr Holtz straightaway ... Maybe it really helps if we all do it!

Here is what I wrote. I was mainly trying to hit home that so many cruises are looking at other lines. I probably could have been a bit more polite:

Dear Mr. Holz,

While I realize DCL tends to do things in their own time frame, it really is well past the time that is reasonable for the announcement of whether there will, or will not be, a westbound transatlantic cruise for the Magic in 2013. There are many people who would really like to book it, but have to bid for or put in for vacation schedules. Other lines have announced their 2013 schedules.

It may not seem like a big deal to you, but many of those formerly interested people have had to book other cruise lines as they have had no choice, are tired of waiting, or got frustrated. With the economy the way it is, and the hit to the cruise line industry, I'd think DCL would want to do all it can to get bookings, not encourage people to go to other lines.

I am sure this email will not be taken all that seriously, and I'll get the "stock" reply back. But I do wish someone would listen. I have sailed several times with DCL, two of those in concierge. I have two future cruises booked, but I am starting to re-think that decision as I can't wait much longer to know if the cruise I want will or will not happen. People have to plan far out in advance in many cases.

So please, just announce the schedule already! It is unfathomable that DCL does not have port bookings or drydock contracts in place by this time. You are losing what would have been sure bookings daily.

We have just over a month before DH bids his leave. If there isn't an announcement before then, we most likely won't go. It's VERY hard to get two + weeks in a row as it is, so we just have our fingers crossed at the moment!

Could your DH put in a leave request even if the WBTA hasn't been formally announced, we know the dates are more than likely to be 12 - 26 October (going by the dates the Magic is booked in some of the Ports). Could you do that then cancel the leave if need be?

Maybe we should try to spearhead a mass email writing campaign?

Of course I wonder if DCL even reads the emails....sigh...

I don't see the point in bombarding Karl Holz with emails, they obviously have a reason why it has been delayed for so long. Afterall it's not as though Disney don't want our deposits in their bank account! I am sure they are doing their best to get things sorted and will announce as soon as they can. Just my opinion. :)

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer now! :wizard:

I don't see the point in bombarding Karl Holz with emails, they obviously have a reason why it has been delayed for so long. Afterall it's not as though Disney don't want our deposits in their bank account! I am sure they are doing their best to get things sorted and will announce as soon as they can. Just my opinion. :)

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer now! :wizard:

Claire, you are obviously much nicer and more optimistic than I am. My email has been sent.

Well, he's hardly going to get bombarded, nor is he likely to read them as it'll be some poor assistant, and only a few have written.

I will admit to being terribly impatient when it comes to this cruise. :rolleyes:

Maybe someday soon we'll all be laughing at how long they made us wait?

Claire, you are obviously much nicer and more optimistic than I am. My email has been sent.

I wouldn't say that, i'm probably less optimistic as I don't think the emails will do anything to speed up the announcement....afterall this IS disney! :rolleyes1

Well, he's hardly going to get bombarded, nor is he likely to read them as it'll be some poor assistant, and only a few have written.

As I said in my original post it was my opinion.....I didn't say you (or anyone else for that matter) can't send an email to express your opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter