No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I left off with Henry wanting to ride this

[​IMG]

for those who aren't familiar with Disneyland, that is Gadget's Go Coaster. A kiddy coaster, but still a COASTER.

I did a double-take at Henry when he asked, but I didn't question it, I grabbed his hand and marched right into line. However, I was FULLY expecting him to freak out and change his mind before we reached the load platform.

The line was very short, we watched maybe one or two cycles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taken from the queue

[​IMG]
    The queue, by the way, was adorable. Gadget is from Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers (Ch-ch-chip and Dale Rescue Rangers! Ch-ch-chip and Dale, when there's danger...), so the queue was full of things that little chipmunks would use to build things - like this bridge has a comb as a railing. Cute.

[​IMG]
    We are almost in the load house...will he bail? Where is the chicken exit?

Joe and I were exchanging "looks" the entire time. In complete surprise. But we kept moving forward, never questioning.

[​IMG]
    We are next in line!

[​IMG]

And...

He...

GOT ON!

Such a brave little boy!

[​IMG]
    He looks scared!

[​IMG]
    View from the hill

[​IMG]
    Woo-hoo!!!

[​IMG]
    He looks REALLY scared!

The ride is about 30 seconds long and packs less of a punch than WDW's Barnstormer.

[​IMG]

So...what did he think?

"I WANT TO GO AGAIN!"

And we did!

[​IMG]
    This time he's excited (and riding with Daddy)

[​IMG]
    Let's go!

[​IMG]

He came off jumping and skipping! Success!!! :yay: :yay:

He wanted to go again, but the line had grown quite a bit between the two rides, so we opted to go explore the other half of Toontown instead.

[​IMG]
    Donald's boat

While walking around we ran into

[​IMG]
    No handler, just hanging out in Toontown. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]
    He grabbed Henry's hand and they started walking around together for a bit. It was awesome, Henry told him about how he drove his car. :laughing:

Continued in next post

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Continued from previous post

After that fun encounter we made our way to the other side
    [​IMG]
    I just love the look and detail!

[​IMG]
    Henry spies the firetruck

[​IMG]

This part of Toontown had a few interactive elements, like the door bell here you could push. I cannot recall what it did though...it wasn't just your typical bell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Inside the post office

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hmmm...what's this?

[​IMG]
    Push down the lever and the sound of fireworks go off in the factory and the window smokes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ring this bell and it sounds like glass is shattering

[​IMG]
    Pull on the Power House doors and it all lights up (a little freaky for the kid!)

We turned around and who did we see? Again, no handler, just hanging out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The morning was ticking by and while we were having a lot of fun in Toontown there was a very important thing I wanted to get done yet, and I wanted to do it in the morning.

Where were we off to next???

4. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up! :faint: I had to go back a few updates. Legoland looks so cool. (They could've left out the guy in the Grand Central Station bathroom though. :eek:) I really liked the Washington D.C. layout. I wouldn't have minded more Star Wars pictures though. :rolleyes: James was in a robotics club last year and they used those Lego Mindstorm's for the robots. We thought about getting him one for Christmas last year, but they're so expensive that it would've been his only gift so decided not to.

I enjoyed the Disneyland updates too, and the miniature buildings at the model train thing you went to looked amazing.

Congrats to Henry on conquering his first coaster! :thumbsup2:cool1:

5. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Toon town is such a neat area in DL. I think it really appeals to he young ones (that and bugs world in DCA). Gadgets go coaster is a good starter coaster. Yay! For Henry for conquering it! And the interactive parts.... OMG, they are so fun! The only thing I dislike is the characters wandering without handlers. I think it lends itself to a bit of chaos when people want to meet them. In your case though, it is in fact very neat that Henry got such one on one time! You don't see much of that with handlers around.

6. lsulindy

lsulindy DIS Veteran

I'm making my way though your trip report. We're headed to DL for the first time with our 3 kiddos in February. But, I had to jump in and say your "teen on a train" pic has me cracking up! :rotfl2: As to who made him do it, my money's on the blonde with the smirk! ;)

7. ladylyons

ladylyons Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Yeah the waits can get a little insane. We've only done New Years Eve once and we ended up leaving around 10 pm cuz it was just way too cold for a 3 month old and a 22 month old!!!

Love the Train Show!! I could see my family doing something like that and enjoying it too!!!

YEAH!!!! Glad Henry loved Gadget's Go Coaster!!!! It's always great when something turns out to be a success!!! The only time's I've seen no handlers witht he characters is when the crowds are huge!! But once the crowds hit expect someone to be with them at all times!!

Oh and DH just agreed to go to Legoland on our next trip!!!! We're getting a deal where we bascially pay for one day this year and get one day free next year!!!! So excitied and Jeremy is going to be in heaven!!!! What little boy wouldn't be when he's immersed in everything Lego!!!

8. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I read your update before I left for work this morning and I was all smiles seeing Henry do his first coaster.

Way to go Henry! You the Man! :cool1:

9. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

Yay for Henry! I'm glad he loved the coaster.

10. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yay for Henry. I am so glad he loved the rollar coaster. it would be right up Claire's alley too. She loves barnstormer, but still isn't too sure on the bigger ones.

11. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas

[​IMG]

12. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Merry Christmas Brook!

[​IMG]

13. ladylyons

ladylyons Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I hope you and your family had a very Mery Christmas!!! We leave in just 2 short days for our New Year's trip to Disneyland!!! Happy New Year!!

14. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Henry is so brave and big! What a great kiddo. I love that he tried it and had so much fun. His scared face is too precious.

15. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

What an awesome train show! I want to go to New York too!

Henry did look scared on the coaster! He must have loved it to go again. I'm so impressed with Toon Town in DL!

16. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

It took me all afternoon, but I'm caught up! I'm really enjoying your Disneyland pictures. I can't wait to get out there one day. LegoLand looks fun too... we are really on the fence about going there (FL). Zach is 9 & Alex is 12. Zach LOVES Legos but I think Alex would be very bored.

I love the different NY holiday pictures too!!

17. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Hi Brook! :) I am not on here much lately, but today, in my frenzy of summer vacation planning (yes- for August- I'm sure you understand :rotfl:) I thought, I need to read a DL TR! So AWESOME and so HAPPY it's yours!!! :dance3: Loving it all- only on your first full day- and have to run, but in case ten million of your fans have not told you yet- you are AMAZING with Henry, and don't worry- sooner than you can imagine, he'll be draggin YOU on rides YOU are afraid of!!! :thumbsup2:hug::love:

18. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Yay for the brave boy! :) He really is soooo stinkin cute! It was great seeing how excited he was about Legoland, too- and you're right, my older boys would not enjoy it! I think we're planning to do Knotts and the beach instead- they're also going to see an Angels game one night (while i run around DL by myself, geeking out on all the stuff they wouldn't do.

Thanks for keeping me company on this snowy day!

19. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    [​IMG]

20. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Have a Happy New Year!!! Hope you did something exciting to ring in the New Year! I bet it is great fun there in New York this time of year!

21. BelleTinkMom

BelleTinkMom DIS Veteran

I am soo trying to get caught up on the DIS. I'm so glad that y'all fared well for Sandy. I know first hand how hard those times are/were. I am here on the Gulf Coast around New Orleans, we had Hurricane Katrina a few years back. I will continue to keep all those affected by Sandy in my prayers.