No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ClaireW

ClaireW Mouseketeer

Glad to see you updating again - and it sounds like you've got lots more to write about too!

And when you get so far as planning your trip to Europe, head this way with questions about coming to the UK :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ladylyons

ladylyons Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

The sad thing is we always drive and I don't have a problem driving through the city's and traffic. We go to San Francisco enough so I've gotten used to small very curvy roads. I'm really thinking about it this next trip in December. Now just got to talk DH into it.

4. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

YAY I am caught up :cool1:

I will see you in about a week :cool1::cool1:

You found the sign!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So glad you ventured off property, I wasn't so brave. :upsidedow

Summer trip in my siggie and hopefully soon the DL trip. ;)

5. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Oh I can totally hear what was probably going on in Henry's mind, "we drove an hour and a half just to look at this sign!". Poor kid, I bet he was bored to tears, lol!

Glad you finally made it!

6. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Brook, between vacation, a funeral, putting mom in a nursing home and work, I'm finally catching up on all my threads.

I loved your updates. So glad you got to see the Chinese Theater and you found the Hollywood sign. We've only been to San Francisco (and that was actually sitting at the airport waiting for our connecting flight to Las Vegas after flying home from Hawaii), but I would love to go to LA/Anaheim some time.

I'm not up to that part in my TR yet (I actually just got it started), but I hope your check-in at OKW goes a lot better than us...very disappointed in that experience last month.

7. OneTreeHillAddict

OneTreeHillAddict CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I felt like I just took a virtual tour of Disneyland. Now I want to visit for real. Soon, very soon.

Your little boy is so handsome. I love his hair!

I have a question for you. Which Disney do you prefer? DL or WDW?

8. tehSAC

tehSAC Mouseketeer

Wow great report! Trying to catch up.

A few years ago a couple buddies and I visited LA, and we too tried to get as close as possible to the sign too. Most likely we traveled the same roads you did. Views up there were amazing.

Your photos look similar to mine. :). Look forward to catching up on the rest of your report!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

What a great tour of Hollywood! We have decided to that in the next 5 years we will attempt DL and Cali. I say attempt because WDW is so alluring and a cruise is something I'm really interested in. We'll see.

How long did it take for you to drive from DL to Hollywood and the Theater area?

10. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Yay! You are back and I am caught up. :) Henry keeps getting cuter.

Jill in CO

11. elphie101

elphie101 Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Glad to see you're back! I think the transition from summer to school season throws everyone into a loop hahaha.

Your TR has been a life saver for me so far, as an East Coaster planning my first trip to DLR (well, the first trip my parents didn't plan :goodvibes), especially your latest installment going outside the Disney bubble. Definitely want to look into renting a car at DLR for the day, and on getting to the park to see the Hollywood sign!

Can't wait for more!

12. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed the send off! Hope you are having a great time at OKW!

13. IWISHFORDISNEY

IWISHFORDISNEY <font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous

Long time no talk. I am loving this trip report and it has given me alot of ideas for our Cali trip. The pics are awesome as usual!! Have fun in sunny FL this week. Hope you get to do the Halloween party.

14. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Looks like quite the journey to get the hollywood sign! At least now you can say you have "been there" :goodvibes

15. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Caught up and Welcome back!!!!

It was great seeing you again and so sorry it wasn't longer.

16. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I'm back from a WONDERFUL week at the World! One of my favorite trips, hands down! We had such a blast with our friends and the 2-bedroom Villa at Old Key West spoiled me!

I agree! It was a strange place, not at all what I expected being connected to a mall and all that...so odd.

Me too! It was definitely worth the hassle for me. Next trip, we won't bother, but I'm glad I got it that one time!

We had that October trip planned FOREVER it seemed! I just didn't talk about it much due to my DIS-hiatus. :worried:

Next time we are in California I won't bother with going to see it closely either, it doesn't look any different close-up. :rotfl2: ;)

LOL! You are CORRECT! Henry was not all too impressed. Yep, it's a sign. Okay, I'm gonna throw rocks. :lmao:

I'm sorry I missed you! We didn't go to MNSSHP, we were going to, but decided last minute to not spend that money. We had a fantastic time, the weather was perfect!

It was WONDERFUL meeting you!!!!!! And thank you again for the great gifts for Henry, he loved them all. You two really took your time and put some serious thought and energy into those goody bags! :goodvibes

The 2 bed is MASSIVE! I couldn't believe how big it was. I did a room tour with video and pictures - once I have both up I'll post it on Facebook and here too if I remember!

Ooooh, a Mom's only trip! Love that! I do believe we are booked for Sanaa in February, I've been wanting to try it and since we'll be so close... I *think* we have 'Ohana breakfast, Boma breakfast (can't skip it...drool), Be Our Guest dinner and Sanaa dinner. I might cancel the 'Ohana, even though I've been itchin' to try it. Staying Club Level with 2 breakfasts is kinda silly being they have nice breakfast choices. We'll see though!

Exactly! Or what's even worse is when you tell them something and they don't believe you, so they "double check". Ugh.

It was a crazyyyyyy drive, but I'm glad we did it! No way will I do it again unless a friend is along who really wants to go! LOL

You are exactly correct! The "pretty Hollywood" is just TV. It's kinda like NYC - you see all the glamour on TV, but none of the homeless, trash on the curb, etc. It's not nearly as pretty as they make it out to be! But, I'm glad we went anyway. I definitely wanted to see it all.

Joe and Henry agree with Louisiana, the bigger the car the better! Henry was obsessing last week over the size of our car. We had a van, but before we picked it up, he kept asking if it would be a BIG truck, etc. Goof.

It's nutty trying to find that sign! You'd think it would be simple considering how famous it is, and it's on a hill, but they do not make it easy! :rotfl:

17. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Welcome home!! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

18. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Welcome home. I look forward to the pictures from your latest trips.

19. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Welcome home Brook! So, so sad I missed you and Sheree on our trip. Like really bummed!

20. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Wow! That ordeal to get to the Hollywood sign was something! I could feel your frustration, Brook! All's well that ends well, though, and you saw it!!! In person!!! :yay:

Glad you had a great trip to WDW! Excited to see your pictures and read all about it!

21. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check your homes and children people! Is anything odd going on?

I ask because...I am caught up on the DIS. :faint:

Hoping to get an update on tonight...!