No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Feb 28, 2012.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

When I left off we had just finished our lunch and were on our way to the Hollywood Backlot section of the park. We hadn't planned it this way, but just started walking to see what we'd see...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I kind of wanted to do this, but knew Henry would likely be bored out of his mind!

Cars Land walls!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bypassing a bug's land (we will be back later!)

[​IMG]
    This is near the Blue Sky Cellar

Guess who was hanging out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hugging Mater

[​IMG]
    At the small gift stand

Continuing on our way--LOTS of walls!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This ENTIRE area was all walls! Since I have no sense of direction, I didn't realize we were back toward the front of the park - this will be part of Buena Vista Street and behind this section will be the statue of the young Walt! :thumbsup2

[​IMG]
    This really will be SPECTACULAR when it's done!!! I cannot wait to see the finished product with the trolley cars and Carthay Circle and everything...!

We followed the walls a bit further and were soon here

[​IMG]
    The Hollywood Pictures Backlot - looks a bit Hollywood Studios-esque, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We thought about going here because Henry loves it, but the timing wasn't right.

[​IMG]
    We really enjoyed the theming here, just like we do at DHS!

[​IMG]
    All of the structures for lights and things were for ElecTRONica

[​IMG]
    A nightly dance party with a live DJ - which is either now, or will be changing soon, to "Mad T Party", Tim Burton inspired Alice in Wonderland themed party.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Joe and Henry both love Tron, so they were excited to see all the stuff!

[​IMG]
    Love the detail

[​IMG]

As we were walking we saw...

Continued in next post

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brookelizabeth

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]
    JAKE! Henry was thrilled!!!!

[​IMG]
    Once again, no line, no handler!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Love.

[​IMG]
    The Animation Academy, Turtle Talk with Crush, and a couple other things are in this building.

We were about to go in for Turtle Talk, but I heard something starting down the street - something very fun...so we scurried in that direction...

Look what we found!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pixar Pals, featuring Monster's Inc.

We easily found a spot on the curb and enjoyed this show! It was really fun! Lots of audience participation and monster humor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When this guy came close Henry asked right away if he had the sock on him. :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Question answered!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The videos will give you an idea of the plot--which is basically a loose plot of the movie and Monsters Inc: Laugh Floor combined:
    Monster Mayhem Part One (43 seconds)
    Monster Mayhem Part Two (1 min 9 sec)
    Monster Mayhem Part Three (1 min 59 sec)
    Monster Mayhem Part Four (1 min 37 sec)

After we helped save Monsteropolis, we walked back to the Animation Academy building and went inside. Inside is a big open space and smaller rooms off to the sides with the various attractions. In the big open space there are screens showing various things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Turtle Talk show was running, and it was a good 15 minutes or so until the next show, so we were about to skip it, but then I remembered the Toy Story Zoetrope was in here and I had REALLY wanted to see it!

We found it with no problem in one of the rooms off to the side.

[​IMG]

This thing is seriously AWESOME.

Video: Toy Story Zoetrope (1 min 53 sec)

My video is not great, but here is a better one: Zoetrope (start at 1:15)

Soooo cool! We were all in awe!

By the time we pulled ourselves away from it, Turtle Talk had cycled and we missed the show again! :rolleyes: We just decided to keep movin' instead of waiting again.

[​IMG]

Directly to the right is

[​IMG]

Look at all the crowds! LOL
    [​IMG]

Continued in next post

4. brookelizabeth

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]

We noticed people lining up for Aladdin, and I had heard this was a good show, so we decided to join the crowd!

When you purchase a package, Disneyland Resort hotel and tickets, you get priority seating to this show, but since we were on a speciality Travel Agent package, we did not receive this perk; however, since Joe has low-eye sight were were allowed into the priority section for a closer seat.

[​IMG]
    Waiting

[​IMG]
    I think half the guests were here!

We waited for about 15 minutes and then were let into the theater

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's BIG!

Within a few minutes the show started....and let me tell you...when you go to Disneyland DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!! A definite highlight of the trip, I took so many pictures with our camera and my phone, that my phone ran out of space on it!

All the actors are excellent, but the Genie truly stands out. He's hilarious! His jokes are very current, talking about pop culture references, iPhones and more. He even had a joke about Iago being a "Tiki Room Reject" and this was just after the one in Walt Disney World had been redone! He had jokes about other Disney movies "I'm going to go find Nemo!" and more.

And...Henry's FAVORITE part is when the Genie was booting out Iago and he said to him, "Two words: Chicken. Nuggets." Henry ROARED with laughter and still, to this day, says it almost daily. And we have to act it out, he's the Genie, I'm Iago. Ha!

I was also really impressed with the Flying Blankie. ;) (carpet for those of you who haven't read my previous TRs!) She had no words, obviously, but really knew how to express herself!

This show has been so popular at Disneyland, it now shows on Disney Cruise Line's newest ship, the Disney Fantasy! I wonder if the Genie from DCA is now on the ship? It has also been hinted that the show DCA will be replaced with Toy Story, but we'll see.

Okay, enough blabbering about this excellent show, here are some pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When they find out the "riff-raff" with Aladdin is Jasmine

[​IMG]
    Don't do it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aladdin rides in on an elephant!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple videos:
    Friend Like Me (1 min 14 sec)
    Aladdin on an elephant (9 seconds--and my phone was full!)

Seriously awesome.

Up next: Time for school.

And I forgot to post these previously-from The Little Mermaid!
    Video: Under the Sea (54 seconds)
    Video: Kiss the Girl/Wedding Scene (57 seconds)

5. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl DIS Veteran

Wow brill update (as usual). I am NO fan of ferris wheels :scared1: the park seems really big - is it larger than DHS? Lookiong forward to more - especially as I have never heard of World of Colour(?)

6. MotoWifey185

MotoWifey185 .:dirt bikes to doom buggies:.

Yeah we're thinking we'll probably do a split stay. First night or two at the GCH and the rest at the PPH. I can't help it, I just LOVE the look of the PPH and being able to easily afford a park view makes it that much better!!

Yeah I am not the best note taker either, I have a TR going but it's easy to remember because it was just one day at the parks, a quick fix before we wait out the loooonnnnng four months until we're back again. :hourglass ....Hey, that's a long time for us! We used to go at least once a month! :lmao:

GREAT update too! I will definitely have to see Aladdin next time, love that Henry thought "chicken. nuggets" was so funny. How cute! The construction was confusing to us last time too. We didn't make it over to the Hollywood section of the park at all because it was temporarily blocked when we were near there. Reading this gets me so amped up for the honeymoon. I miss it so much! :)

7. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

We love the Aladdin show. We have decide to go to Disneyland but not sure were going to hit up the show. We are only going for three days and Cars-land is what we really want to hit up at DCA. Hubby well take care of getting the house stuff done when he gets back to VA Beach.

8. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

checking back in again after all my college work. I need to go back and catch up to your thread though.

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Wow...is all I can say. I got behind, but loved reading all the updates. You have done so much already on this day. I really hope to see the Aladdin show one day. I have heard too it was fabulous. You got some really awesome shots there too.
    I would say no way jose to the ferris wheel too. I just don't like those things. Skip is selected to ride those with Claire. :rotfl:
    I can't wait to see the Little Mermaid ride at WDW...I hope they get a move on it and finish it up early....by the beginning of Nov would be fabulous! ;)

10. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Thank you for the link to the Zeotrope for Toy Story. That is so cool. I loved to see that, but didn't remember where it was. The Aladdin show is really great, and worth the wait in line. Funny story about the chicken nuggets, and Henry wanting to repeat it all the time! I love DCA, and your pictures are reminding me how much I enjoyed it. I am sure it will be even better once all of the construction is complete.

11. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

finally caught up!!!

Love love love the Zoetrope, that was a highlight of our visit. Sadly Aladdin wasn't showing on our DCA day so I've still not seen it, next time! We wanted to eat lunch there but we made the mistake of trying to eat during peak lunch time and the line went out the door! Another next time :)

Your cruise plans and FE/Pillowcase look great! I will be very curious to hear how the Hilton is, that could be a good option for us, definitely struggling with what to do on our Nassau day as well. We've booked the Aquaventure but I'm having a hard time with the price and am fairly sure we will cancel.

12. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

What awesome updates!!! I love the links.

Aladdin show... simply my favorite of all time. I think that it is what made me fall in love with Disney parks and the thing I miss most when we go to WDW. Sure, I miss POTC and the wonderful exterior of IASM... but the Aladdin show (maybe because there is nothing like it in WDW) is what I miss most. When I first saw that show, I was hooked. It brought the story to life in such an awesome way. Genie was funny when we saw too... and it was before iphones. :goodvibes

13. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

I love the Aladdin show. It was my fav at DL. I wish I could hop on a plane and go right now!

Happy Mother's Day :goodvibes

14. brookelizabeth

I just wanted to wish all my fellow-Mommy DIS friends here a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I hope you've all had blessed days with your families!

Joe and Henry surprised me with flowers! :lovestruc Henry also had made me a card and a milk-carton-flower pot at school that were so sweet. I've had a great day -- and even got to take a nap! ::yes::::yes::::yes:::thumbsup2

15. Queila

Queila DIS Veteran

Loving your report. ;)

Aladdin was our very favorite attraction during our visit last December. I loved it so much I had tears in my eyes.

Aladdin was my first Disney movie and I still know all the songs by heart so it was such a treat. I remember when I visited DHS back when it was still MGM in 1996 and they had an Aladdin parade in the park. It was so cool.

Also love the pictures of Henry with Mater and Jake. He is too cute.

Q

16. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Wow - what a great update. That show looks amazing and the renovations to the park look equally amazing.

Henry is just too funny ....Chicken....Nuggets! Love it!:rotfl2:

Henry's pictures are wonderful. He just has the greatest look at his face and he is too cute with Mater.

17. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

I am loving this report. Your pictures are amazing, as always and so detailed you feel like you're walking a long with you. I gotta admit seeing those Carsland walls would just about kill me. I can't wait to see what they do there and then get upset that it isn't at WDW. :rotfl2: Who knows? Maybe we'll make the trip someday. It just looks like you all are having a blast!

18. disneyfan61

disneyfan61 DIS Veteran

Wow Brook you have been an updating machine!! Love seeing all the different lands. Yay you conquered the Ferris Wheel.:thumbsup2 Great views from up there. I am enjoying reading along.:)

19. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

Happy Mothers Day Brook! Glad you had a nice relaxing and fun day!

I love the video clips you posted! That Aladdin show looks amazing and Alexa is ready to go on that Little Mermaid ride :) The Monsters Inc street show is so cute. I love Monsters Inc :) I had never heard of the Zoetrope...that was incredible. Is that an actual show? It looks like it is in the middle of a store or something. Pretty cool!

20. ImarriedGrumpy

ImarriedGrumpy AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy

I just heard from a friend who was at DLR this weekend that they've already replaced the Little Mermaid's dole-whip hair in the big Under the Sea scene! Sounds like there's been enough negative feedback that it was changed out. My friend said it was a big improvement, but he kind of missed the wackiness of the spiral hair! :rotfl:

21. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Milk-carton-flower pots are the best! I have had my fair share. Happy Mother's Day Brook! :goodvibes