No Trips in 2015 turns into 3 Trips in 2015--Update 4/24/15 -- Page 31

Hehehe you're making me reconsider the Boardwalk. WOW What a deal! 1Brm with a Boardwalk view? Gorgeous!
What a great early flight!

Boardwalk view?! Nice!!! Better than the creepy clown pool view!

I love early flights to Disney. The earlier the better so you've got the whole day. Of course, the lack of sleep usually hits me on day 3, but who needs sleep in Disney!

I'm here! Sounds like a great bargain to get a 1 bedroom at a studio price! Good friend :) I so wish our dates overlapped! Someday!

Hooray! I'm here! How exciting that you get to stay in a villa at the Boardwalk! I'm so jealous!
That early flight however, does not sound fun at all.

Oh wow on the room category! I am anxious to see what the room looks like and your room too! If you are leaving your house at 3ish in the morning, you're going to need that Starbucks coffee.

Where am I staying? I'll be staying here for the third time

I've always been in a Studio when we've stayed at the Boardwalk. But things will be a little different this trip. For some reason when Mary booked for me, we couldn't get ALL of the nights in a Studio. We could get the first night, not the second, then the next three nights, but then I'd have to move rooms. Mary thought this was all crazy so she said she was booking me a one-bedroom villa for my stay but only charging me for a Studio. Can you say WOW! I sure did. Then to top it off, she got me a Boardwalk View. I am so stoked to try a one-bedroom here and to have this lovely view

HOORAY for the 1br at BW and also the BW view! DW and I will be there in December. Try to get an upper floor. With a BW view, a lower floor will be noisy at night with all the activity that goes on on the boardwalk.

Yay for an early flight. How great that you get a 1 bedroom for the price of a studio.

Thanks, Kristin; I'm very excited about that one bedroom.

Beautiful pictures of the Boardwalk! In my imaginary, no-kids trip to Food and Wine it would be where DH and I would stay. :)

The Boardwalk really is an ideal spot during Food & Wine.

Hope that Starbucks can get you through after that early of a morning!

Oh I have a feeling I'll be having more than one of those Starbucks.

I'm late too on this one looking forward to reading about all the exciting plans!!!

Elaine, my PTR and TR's would NOT be the same without you stopping by. :)

That was awesome of Mary to help you out with the room like that! It should be a great place to stay. Especially having Boardwalk view so you don't have to look at the clown.

It really was, Andy. And I'm so happy I won't have to see that clown.

WOW that is an early flight!!! i can only imagine the amount of Coffee needed for this morning.

I just hope the Starbucks is open at O'Hare when I get there.

A 1 bedroom?!?! Seriously?!?! How cool is that?!?! I cannot wait to hear all about it!! Sorry you will have to endure the crazy scary chairs and the clown pool once again. So excited for you! this just sounds amazing so far!

Seriously! Doesn't is sound like fun. I can hardly wait. I only see those scary chairs when I check in; I avoid looking at them the rest of the time. And I'll be at the quiet pool and not the main pool. ;)

Awesome room upgrade! What a nice friend!

She really is, Shannon. She's made our last three vacations very reasonable for us.

I love that 6am flight. You have a whole day once you get there! I haven't booked our July flight yet, but we'll probably do that one

I wish I could convince Mark to do them. But he is dead set against them. I even make it an early first evening for him. :(

Very nice beginning to the trip. You have a very generous friend!! How wonderful!

Thanks, Linda. She really is a nice gal and very generous too.

Wow, a one-bedroom and a Boardwalk view - sounds perfect!!

I'm really very excited about it Sarah. And I never though I'd like the Boardwalk and have now fallin in love with it.

Lucky you with the early arrival, although waking up super early is never fun. At least you'll get that nice venti Starbucks to sustain you!

Yes...several Starbucks will be needed to sustain me to get through dinner.

I finally have time to catch up again - can you say "thank god for half term vacation". ;)

Yay for a break for you, Karin.

Wow! Staying at the BW in a 1 bedroom. That's great - you are going to love it. Just be warned - 1 bedroom villas have the habit of giving you an addiction to them. :lmao:

Oh, I know that from our stays at AKL. With just the two of us, it really isn't necessary, but at AKL, I must have that one bedroom just for the two of us so I can have "my" bathroom.

How nice that you'll be staying in a one bedroom! I can't wait to see the pictures of your great view!! Such great pixiedust: already!!

I'm really looking forward to getting pictures from that view and seeing what a one-bedroom looks like elsewhere besides AKL.

I'd tell Nicki to make it a double Venti; 4 am is VERY early to be leaving the house! Then again, we usually leave at about 5 am cause we're too excited to sleep!:rotfl2:

I'm sure Nicki will have just what I need. And I'm with you...who the heck can sleep when it's vacation day?

Have fun with the kids this weekend!:thumbsup2

Thanks; we did (although I was sick for a good part of it).

Wow congratulations on almost 32 years! That is amazing. :cloud9:

Thank you, Alicia. It's been a wonderful almost 32 years.

Your oldest son Andy and my DH would get along just fine. Both teachers (well, hopefully your DS will find a permanent teaching job soon!) and both Varsity baseball coaches. Cool dudes:thumbsup2

Yes...baseball coaches are cool dudes. :)

Awesome that you'll be staying in a one bedroom at a studio rate! And with a view:banana::banana: I've only stayed at BWV once and I really enjoyed it. DH was not a fan of the decor, but for me, location is so nice! Epcot is my favorite park.

I'm not all that fussy about decor (although if it's really, really loud I tend not to like it and it will give me a headache), but I think the BWV decor was quite nice and you can't beat the location.

Wow! That is a great friend to give you that kind of deal and I love water views!! You definitely need to take some pics at night.

Oh...trust me, I will be taking pictures first thing in the a.m. when the sun rises and in the evening. I am very blessed.

I just love that Boardwalk area. It almost feels like I was just there. Oh wait... I was. But I totally forgot to go see the super scary chairs. :( I really do want to stay there someday though. But I will admit that I have fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge. Like head over heels. But I guarantee that if I got the deal you did, oh yeah, Boardwalk, Boardwalk, BOARDWALK!!!

You were just there you silly man! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Are you doing a TR for this recent trip? I'm glad you fell in love with the WL. It is one of a couple of resorts I have no desire to stay at, but then we had some issues with a CM when we stayed there that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Hehehe you're making me reconsider the Boardwalk. WOW What a deal! 1Brm with a Boardwalk view? Gorgeous!

Oh, I'm sure you'll be happy at the Beach Club (I've actually got Beach Club waitlisted for our October trip, but will be happy if we stay at Boardwalk).

What a great early flight!

It will be nice having a full day.

Boardwalk view?! Nice!!! Better than the creepy clown pool view!

Anythign would be better than the scary clown pool...even a roof. :rotfl2:

I love early flights to Disney. The earlier the better so you've got the whole day. Of course, the lack of sleep usually hits me on day 3, but who needs sleep in Disney!

With the schedule we have outlined and our first night being an early one, I'm thinking I'll be okay. I can sleep when I get home.

I'm here! Sounds like a great bargain to get a 1 bedroom at a studio price! Good friend :) I so wish our dates overlapped! Someday!

I couldn't believe it when she wouldn't let me pay for the one-bedroom. And then to top it off, she wouldn't let me pay for the last three nights since she is joining me and they are her points. I wish we were overlapping too.

Hooray! I'm here! How exciting that you get to stay in a villa at the Boardwalk! I'm so jealous!

I can't wait to see it. :)

That early flight however, does not sound fun at all.

Not a morning person I take it. :)

Boardwalk view!! Woo Hoo!

I usually don't care about the view being we are never in the room (except at AKL). But this one I am really looking forward to.

I like leaving early too. It feels like you get an extra vacation day!

It does...and so much you can get done when you get there at a decent hour.

Oh wow on the room category! I am anxious to see what the room looks like and your room too! If you are leaving your house at 3ish in the morning, you're going to need that Starbucks coffee.

Isn't it exciting, Lisa? I'm not sure I've seen any one bedroom pictures. Maybe Cynthia's report? I'd have to go back and look. Yes, I'll definitely need lots of coffee that day.

HOORAY for the 1br at BW and also the BW view! DW and I will be there in December. Try to get an upper floor. With a BW view, a lower floor will be noisy at night with all the activity that goes on on the boardwalk.

Bill, thanks for the advice. I will definitely ask for an upper floor.

Kathy I can't believe it...we are missing you by two days! We arrive on May 12

Not again, Queen!!!! This is two trips in a row I've missed you by mere days.

Oh, I know that from our stays at AKL. With just the two of us, it really isn't necessary, but at AKL, I must have that one bedroom just for the two of us so I can have "my" bathroom.

Now that you mention it, I remember drooling over your 1 br at the AKL. Man, I am getting old. :scared: How could I forget about that.

Day 2 -- Monday, May 4

Today we will start here:

We have my favorite ADR...early entry into the Magic Kingdom here:

Nope, unfortunately those cute kids won't be joining us (unless Tim wants me to take them off his hands for a week ;))

We can't make our FP+ selections until March 4 so I don't have those for you. But I know for sure we will be do some of these (again none of the people you see in these photos besides me will be on this trip...these are just the easiest pictures to find right now). I'm not sure that we will even pick FP+ here since we are going to a different park in teh afternoon and we will be back to the MK the next evening.

Sometime mid-afternoon, we will head here:

No, not the Boardwalk, but the Studios.

The first thing we will probably do is hit the Starring Rolls place as Nicki LOVES the cupcakes here.

Here is where I think we will pick our FP+ for. I know Nicki and I want to do Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania; Nicki nor I do Rock & Roll and not sure Todd will want to go alone. I'm thinking the third FP+ will probably be the Great Movie Ride since none of us are big Star Tours fans.

We have a dining reservation here:

We really enjoy Sci Fi as long as we stick with the basics -- burgers, reubens and awesome onion rings (no more pasta for me).

We will close the night out at the Studios.

Up next, a new dining experience and bowling

Sounds like a great plan!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get all your FP+ at the desired times. But just to let you know, I just checked mine for Easter Sunday and it was easy to switch them all around. :yay:

Yes...i am on the 6 am flight :eek: which of course means I have to leave my house at 345 am:faint:

I will certainly let you know how we like our meal
I would love a 6 a.m. flight but the airport I usually fly out of doesn't open until 6 and their earliest flight is at 8.

I've been to WDW 10 times and I've never been on TSMM or eaten at Sci-fi. o_O Nobody I travel with wants to go and the one and only solo trip I've done I wasn't enamored with DHS yet. Do I hear a solo trip in my future? :idea:

Sounds like a great day at Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios. I really hate picking FP+ at HS ... there really isn't much to choose from in tier 2. (It's especially bad for someone like me who doesn't do ToT or Star Tours). They really need to either change tiering or add more rides (I'm voting for the latter).
We did get a FP+ for GMR (as our 4th one) on our last trip, and it did help - the line was only about 20 minutes, but it's still nice to skip a 20 minute line.

I really want to try Sci-Fi one day ... so I'm glad to hear you guys enjoy it!

Ahhh, the Railroad Station... :cloud9: There's just something about seeing that and knowing what fun lies just ahead that is extra magical.

Gotta love the obligatory People Mover foot shot... is it even possible to ride that and not take one?! I think not!

A cupcake from Starring Rolls is definitely on my must-do list as well!

Happy to see you're going to Sci-Fi - it's always been a favorite of mine and I'm debating whether or not I want to do it solo this trip... I'm leaning towards yes. ;)

:rotfl2:That's such a cute picture of you and Mark at the Drive In. :rotfl2: Wait - you mean that's NOT the real drive in?

So thanks for making me crave some onion rings right about now.

I love that pic on ToT. I am going to try the trick that Ellen taught me - the one where you grab you partners and hand put it over your head. That was so fun!

Great plans for Day 2! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter