No Trips in 2015 turns into 3 Trips in 2015--Update 4/24/15 -- Page 31

DH and I got a picture of our feet up on the Peoplemover like that as well. :thumbsup2

Are you saying you don't like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls?!?

Totally love Sci-Fi! We did that this past trip and DS really enjoyed it.

Sounds like a great day! I love Sci-Fi! We've only been there one time, but my boys still talk about the old movie clips.

I love Vacation Feet! Can't wait to take my own pics soon....right now my toes are in an endless freeze!

Sounds like a great plan!

Thanks, Karin; it's good to others agree.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get all your FP+ at the desired times. But just to let you know, I just checked mine for Easter Sunday and it was easy to switch them all around. :yay:

That is good to hear.

Good plans. A spin on Peoplemover could never go wrong!

Thanks; I Love the Peoplemover and could ride it numerous times a trip.

I would love a 6 a.m. flight but the airport I usually fly out of doesn't open until 6 and their earliest flight is at 8.

I've never heard of an airport that doesn't open until 6 a.m. But 8 a.m. isn't too bad.

I've been to WDW 10 times and I've never been on TSMM or eaten at Sci-fi. o_O Nobody I travel with wants to go and the one and only solo trip I've done I wasn't enamored with DHS yet. Do I hear a solo trip in my future? :idea:

I definitely think a solo trip is in order to you can try both of those right away.

Sounds like a great day at Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios. I really hate picking FP+ at HS ... there really isn't much to choose from in tier 2. (It's especially bad for someone like me who doesn't do ToT or Star Tours). They really need to either change tiering or add more rides (I'm voting for the latter).

Yes, I'm with you. Probably part of the reason the Studios has fallen way down to fourth place on my list of parks that I like. I'm sure more ride will be added with the new Star Wars area but who knows what they will be like.

We did get a FP+ for GMR (as our 4th one) on our last trip, and it did help - the line was only about 20 minutes, but it's still nice to skip a 20 minute line.

Always great to skip a 20 minute wait on attraction.

I really want to try Sci-Fi one day ... so I'm glad to hear you guys enjoy it!

We've gone numerous times. All I will tell anyone is SKIP the pasta. Yuck.

Ahhh, the Railroad Station... :cloud9: There's just something about seeing that and knowing what fun lies just ahead that is extra magical.

Isn't it magical?

Gotta love the obligatory People Mover foot shot... is it even possible to ride that and not take one?! I think not!

No; just like it is NOT possible to NOT take a photo of the fountain at Epcot. ;)

A cupcake from Starring Rolls is definitely on my must-do list as well!

I like to see which new one comes up each year.

Happy to see you're going to Sci-Fi - it's always been a favorite of mine and I'm debating whether or not I want to do it solo this trip... I'm leaning towards yes. ;)

I can't pass up those onion rings and I did Mama Melrose June last year and like to take turns with the two.

:rotfl2:That's such a cute picture of you and Mark at the Drive In. :rotfl2: Wait - you mean that's NOT the real drive in?

Thanks, Mary Ellen. :rotfl:

So thanks for making me crave some onion rings right about now.

Sorry. But I am craving them too if it helps any.

I love that pic on ToT. I am going to try the trick that Ellen taught me - the one where you grab you partners and hand put it over your head. That was so fun!

I'm not sure who Ellen is but that sounds fun.

Great plans for Day 2! ::yes::

Thanks; have a great trip and a great run...I know you will do awesome.

Day 2 sounds great so far! But you know I love the Studios. And the hat will be gone! Hoping they get a nice updated movie running in the GMR. Breakfast a CP is one of my faves! Early entry to an empty park is a great perk.

Wow, you went from no trips to 3 trips. Starts with a friend waiting for you with coffee in hand then later checking into a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk. Life is good. Looking forward to reading how these trips plan out.

I am so excited to see more pics from the Boardwalk! Ive never stayed in the Epcot area resorts and I REALLY want to. Yacht Club is top of my list, but Im really intrigued by the Boardwalk! Ive only been in that area once to rent a surrey bike.....it ended up POURING that day but it was still hilarious and so much fun! lol

Meghan, I promise lots of photos. I've never had a desire to stay at the Yacht Club...probably because of the price. ;) Oh that stinks about the rain and the surrey bike.

Yeah for getting the 1 bedroom at Boardwalk with boardwalk views to boot! Really can't beat the location or setting of that resort!

Phil, I've loved my previous stays there and this is so exciting with the boardwalk view.

Sounds like a great plan to hit up Herodotus in World showcase and then try the new place at the boardwalk - not too much moving around on arrival day is nice

I like arrival day to be a little more subdued as I know I'll be tired.

Definitely think it make sense to save the FP+ for DHS afternoon and then you can hit up favorites like the people mover at MK.

I think it's a good plan.

BTW - there is a new kids show on Disney Junior set in the future and I love that they work for the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority"

That's cool!

Loving the day two plans Kathy! :thumbsup2

Thank you.

I can't wait to see your pics of the one bedroom!

I can't wait to see it in person. I'm giddy as a schoolgirl.

I agree on the afternoon FP+ there are always less people in the mornings so I figure afternoons are when you'll need the passes.

Yes; I know we can get quite a bit done in the a.m. without the FP and then be able to do what we want at the Studios since it is the only day we are going.

I hope you're feeling better soon, if not already:sick:.

Thanks; I've got a nasty cold. I feel better but still all congested and coughing. The weather does not help.

Kathy, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of the Boardwalk Villas. I can see Carolyn and myself planning a trip there in the next few years. We walked around the resort for over an hour on our last trip to Disney and asked ourselves, "how come we have never spent some time here?" I don't even mind the clown pool. :)

Well, when you stay, you can get a room that overlooks that clown. :rotfl2:

Like you, we also love CP for an early morning ADR. Sure, walking down an almost empty Main Street and seeing the Castle without a crowd is nice, but I actually enjoy the breakfast offerings there ( I am addicted to the breakfast lasagna). And yes I will admit I have never grown up and love Pooh and his friends. Next to Goofy, Tigger is my favorite character. :thumbsup2

I LOVE the puffed french toast...so that is added incentive besides the stroll down an empty Main Street.

When it comes to DHS, I share your love for ToT; Carolyn tolerates the ride and goes on with me only because it is one of my favorites. Now unlike you, I absolutely love the RnRc, fortunately Carolyn loves it as well. As for Sci- Fi, I have never eaten there. The theme is interesting, but after losing my weight it's been almost 4 years since I have had anything fried including french fries. We may still have to go for the experience and find something else besides the burger and fries. :confused3

You are lucky that Carolyn loves it. I used to love it...then I got old. Yes, that would make it hard at Sci Fi if you don't eat fried food. I tried their pasta and it was awful and I'd be afraid to try their steak.

Hi there! i was only 2 pages behind! YAY ME!
All i have to say is you better bring us TONS AND TONS of pictures!!! I am so excited for you and your trip!!! WE NEED TO SEE IT ALL!

I promise lots and lots of pictures my friend.

Sounds like plans for an absolutely lovely day!

Thanks, Darla.

I wouldn't miss this one either! Joining in and so thrilled that you squeezed in another Dis trip!

:wave: Brenda; I'm so happy you found me. And I'm always delighted to have you with me.

Ahh so jealous you will be at the Boardwalk, it's my dream resort and I just can't seem to stay there!! :rotfl: I attempted to rent points for May but everything was already booked for my dates! Someday!

I'm sorry you couldn't get the points. We really, really like it there.

I keep forgetting there is that new restaurant at the Boardwalk, I'll have to check that out! :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Yum, Crystal Palace, best way to start out a day in MK if you ask me! I don't have an ADR there for my trip, but I keep thinking about adding one, can't stay away from that puffed french toast!

I was surprised I got it as easily as I did. You know me...I loved that puffed french toast.

Great plans so far! :cool1:

Thanks, Jen.

Boardwalk view! Nice!

Very exciting.

I really want to try the new restaurant on the Boardwalk, it sounds yummy. Can't wait to read your review.

I'm excited about trying it.

Nothing like starting the morning off at MK!

I can't think of a better way to start our first full day.

I haven't been reading all of the replies so someone might have already mentioned this but the Great Movie ride is now a category one so you can't get both it and TSM. I really dislike the tiers at Epcot and HS!

Lord, I wish they'd get rid of that Tier system.

Oh, and if you remember, ask for Tony at Sci Fi. He's been a waiter there since the place opened and he is awesome!

I have marked this on my itinerary. Thanks for the heads up.

Joining in! So funny that our trip overlaps, too bad our park plans don't though!

Thanks for joining Alexis...I'm delighted to have you here. I'm sorry our park plans don't overlap. Perhaps another trip they will. :)

Early morning flights are a doozy but it just means you have a good chunk of your first day to get to a park! Spending it in Epcot sounds great :)

I agree; unless I'm taking the 7 p.m. flight and getting there at midnight, I'd much rather get there early and not lose a whole day.

Your MK morning/HS afternoon sound fun! Starting the first full day of the trip at Crystal Palace, perfect!

Crystal Palace has been a long time favorite of ours.

I love Sci-Fi. My husband said he's "over it", but I would totally go back in a heart beat. The reubens are good. So are the shakes!

Jillian, I say go without your husband. :lmao:

Tower of Terror... I love that ride :lovestruc

I do too. I could ride it all day long.

Good idea to save your FP+ for your afternoon at DHS!

Thanks, Sarah; I think it will work out perfect this way.

Seeing your picture of Sci-Fi makes me think I could have kept our reservation there. We have never been, and I changed it because I didn't want one of us to have to sit alone, but it looks like there would have been plenty of room for Rory to sit in the middle of Michael and I. Oh well, there is always next time!

Oh, I am sure Rory would fit right in the middle of you. I hope you do it on a future trip.

Just when I thought I was getting used to this new DIS..I come on and realize that I wasn't really subscribed to your PTR and I haven't gotten any "alerts" on it so I had no clue you'd updated! Grr..

Casey, I understand the email alerts weren't working. I'm not sure if they are now or not (I choose not to get them).

Anyhow, YAY for staying at the Boardwalk again! This is an area that I really want to check out on our trip. I have never been there and I think it would be a nice break to the day to go check it out!

Yes, you really should. Lots to see and beautiful views.

Awesome on getting a before park opening CP. That might be the thing I am most looking forward to!

It's one of my favorite things to do at Disney.

My plans for DHS sound like yours, except switch out ToT for RnRC.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We all have our favorites. ;)

The Sci-Fi just looks like a fun experience overall!

It is; I love the cars...it reminds me of when we used to go to a drive-in movie when we were teens.

Boardwalk view 1 bedroom...score! How nice of your friend and what a cool experience for you. We always say that we need to stay somewhere other than OKW, and Boardwalk and Beach Club are at the top of the list (proximity to the World Showcase and Grand Marnier slushies are key!)

Jayne, I'm really looking forward to the Boardwalk view. I LOVE OKW (we'll be there in July), but I've also grown very fond of the Boardwalk (I wasn't a fan of the Beach Club). Yes, proximity to WS for Grand Marnier slushies is a plus.

Looks like a good first day planned. I've always liked CP for a character breakfast and just for its general atmosphere with all the glass and openness. We haven't done SciFi yet, but I think it's next on our HS table service list.

I love that restaurant...I think it is beautiful. I remember when it was "open" and the birds woudl fly in. You must try Sci-Fi...it's really fun (just stick with burgers).

Seeing as though MK is my favourite, starting any day there is a great plan. I love the idea of early entry, but I also love the welcome show so much. That's a tough one for me.

Rob, I can be torn too. But the puffed french toast usually wins out.

Haha, I love that you used that particular photo for "The Studios". May as well highlight the awesome Boardwalk one more time.

Might as well since it is such an ideal location.

Starring Rolls!! Red Velvet Cupcake. I'm kinda salivating here.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:oops...sorry. ;)

Sounds like you have a pretty yummy day planned - Crystal palace breakfast, Starring Rolls cupcakes, and burgers from Sci Fi. I could go for a cupcake right now.

Karen, a good chunk of the vacation is all about the food, right? :)

I'm waffling on CP for our trip. I really want the early ADR for the photo-ops, but I'm afraid it will be too much on our little guys (and us!) as both our MK days will be late days.

Crystal, what about a mid-day break one of your MK days to split it up? I think the little guys would LOVE Pooh and friends.

Your plans for day sound great.

Thanks, Kristin.

I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I always do.

Hey Tim!!!! Kathy is offering free child care!!! You'd better jump at the opportunity before she changes her mind!

Any time, Tim!

Thanks for clarifying that confusing picture. :thumbsup2

Always the smart a**.

Those cupcakes are awesome!!!!

Yes, yes they are.

Good plan. Really makes a lot of sense. No point getting FP+ at MK when you'll be there in the morning. They'll be much more valuable here.

Oh my...we agree again.

DH and I got a picture of our feet up on the Peoplemover like that as well. :thumbsup2

Alicia, it's a must here on the DIS.

Are you saying you don't like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls?!?

No; I'm just saying I don't get in the way of Nicki when she needs one.

Totally love Sci-Fi! We did that this past trip and DS really enjoyed it.

I'm glad DS enjoyed it...it's a fun place.

Sounds like a great day! I love Sci-Fi! We've only been there one time, but my boys still talk about the old movie clips.

I hope you get to do it again.

I love Vacation Feet! Can't wait to take my own pics soon....right now my toes are in an endless freeze!

I think 95% of the country has toes in an endless freeze right now. :(

Girl, no one is sicker about it than me! Two stinking days, makes me so sad!

I just can't get over it. I so wish I could extend my trip. :(

Day 2 sounds great so far! But you know I love the Studios. And the hat will be gone! Hoping they get a nice updated movie running in the GMR. Breakfast a CP is one of my faves! Early entry to an empty park is a great perk.

Thanks, Linda. Yes, I know you love the Studios. Me...not so much (I'd skip it if it weren't for TOT and TSM). I'm looking forward to whatever they are doing in the GMR. Have to love early entry.

Wow, you went from no trips to 3 trips. Starts with a friend waiting for you with coffee in hand then later checking into a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk. Life is good. Looking forward to reading how these trips plan out.

It's funny how life works sometimes. But I am super excited about each trip because they will all be different.

Long time reader of your reports here. Joining in for this PTR and following along!

Alicia, :welcome:. Thank you so much for joining. I know I've seen you around the boards, and I'm delighted to have you here. I've subscribed to your TR and will get back to it today or tomorrow to catch up.

Before I get to the next update, I wanted to explain the relationship with Nicki and Todd since I have several new readers. And I THANK YOU new readers for joining...truly delighted to have you here.

I met Nicki here on the DIS several years ago. We would post on each other's threads and we got to know each other pretty well. The first time we went to Marco Island, we met Nicki for a cup of coffee. You would think we had known each other forever. Hugs were exchanged and we immediately became "best friends". I consider her the little sis that I never had. We didn't get to meet Todd on that first trip because Nicki had to fly back to Boston for a funeral. But Mark met Todd on his business trip the following spring and then I met him during the fall on our now annual trip to Marco after Disney. Nicki and Todd surprised Mark on his "surprise 60th birthday trip to Disney" by showing up when we checked in at the resort in 2012. It is amazing how much alike Mark and Todd are and we just have become "family." I couldn't imagine our lives without them in it. We love them to the moon and back. Although, I'm still trying to figure out why at our age (Mark - 62 and me 57) that they want to hang with us old folks since they just both recently entered their 40's). In any event, that's the story behind our relationship with Nicki and Todd for my new readers.

So, we are up to Tuesday, May 5 or Day 3. This update won't have too many pictures in it as most of the day will be new.

We have an 8:30 ADR for breakfast at the new Trattoria al Forno. As of now, all three of us are going, but Todd may decide to sleep in (Todd LOVES to sleep in). After breakfast, we will hop in Nicki's car and head to DTD.

We will, of course, do what all women do...shop. I have a few things on my list that I'd like to get taken care of so I don't waste park time doing it.

Then, we will have a light lunch here:

And, yes, we are going to bowl too! Todd and Nicki have done the bowling and food here and said it is really good.

After we go rest/swim at the resort, we will then head back to the Magic Kingdom where we will be having dinner with

This will be my fourth time eating here. I've had two really great meals and one good meal, and hoping for another great meal. And can't wait for the chocolate cupcake.

I am sure we will try to hit up several attractions during the evening. I think we are aiming for FP+ for the Mine Ride, Big Thunder and possibly Buzz Lightyear.

Up next, Day 4 and a new travel partner

OKAY...I screwed up. Rather than change since I've already had responses. We are NOT doing breakfast at Trattoria. We had it booked, but then decided to wait until October when Mark is with us. Therefore, the early a.m., Nicki and I are doing EMH's at Epcot (we'll grab Starbucks and food there) while Toddleduck sleeps and then go get him for DTD and bowling.

Last edited:
It's amazing how the DIS can lead to such special friendships - it is really nice to hear that story!

What a fun day you have planned! Trattoria al Forno breakfast looks really good - I'm contemplating trying it in April.

I love bowling, and haven't been in forever. I have heard good things about the food (and drinks!) at Splitsville, too.

One of these days I'll get to try BOG - I hope you get your great meal!

I love that you have such a close DIS friendship! I began posting here in 2007 and still keep in touch via facebook with several of my DIS friends. One of these days I hope to meet them in person!

Shopping at DTD and just soaking in the atmosphere is one of my favorite ways to spend a Disney day!

Oh my - all this time away from the Dis and they changed it up on me!! I don't like it - but then again I don't like change lol! I cannot wait the 73 days to see you - miss you! And you forgot we are ditching breakfast and you and I are gonna RP at Epcot and let Toddleduck sleep in, go back and pick him up later. Remember he is really 100 years old (I don't believe he is really 42 ssssshhh) and needs all the sleep he can get if he is going to be with the two twisted sisters for 4 days :)

Breakfast at the new restaurant too! Yum!

Nothing better than a little shopping at DTD. I want to go back right now because I love the new Dooney that just came out because it has Pluto on it! I don't want to order one because Pluto needs to be front and center. ::yes::

Splitsville sounds interesting, I definitely want to try it sometime. I used to be a really good bowler, was in a league growing up, but that all changed when I messed up my ankle. It totally threw off my game. :sad2:

I want one of those chocolate cupcakes from BOG right now! That's one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW.

It's amazing how the DIS can lead to such special friendships - it is really nice to hear that story!

Thanks, Sarah. She truly is a special person.

What a fun day you have planned! Trattoria al Forno breakfast looks really good - I'm contemplating trying it in April.

Well, looks like I messed that up.

I love bowling, and haven't been in forever. I have heard good things about the food (and drinks!) at Splitsville, too.

Oh yes...I forgot about the cocktails at the bowling alley too.

One of these days I'll get to try BOG - I hope you get your great meal!

I hope so too.

I love that you have such a close DIS friendship! I began posting here in 2007 and still keep in touch via facebook with several of my DIS friends. One of these days I hope to meet them in person!

Nicki and I try to talk every day...whether text, FB, phone...whatever. I am so glad she came into my life.

Shopping at DTD and just soaking in the atmosphere is one of my favorite ways to spend a Disney day!

They are fun days, aren't they? :)

Oh my - all this time away from the Dis and they changed it up on me!! I don't like it - but then again I don't like change lol! I cannot wait the 73 days to see you - miss you! And you forgot we are ditching breakfast and you and I are gonna RP at Epcot and let Toddleduck sleep in, go back and pick him up later. Remember he is really 100 years old (I don't believe he is really 42 ssssshhh) and needs all the sleep he can get if he is going to be with the two twisted sisters for 4 days :)

:wave: Sis. I've missed you around here. See what happens when I have three trips going...I can't remember what I changed, added, etc. Yes, we are ditching breakfast so that Toddleduck can sleep in. That poor man...he should get a medal for spending time with us twisted sisters.

Breakfast at the new restaurant too! Yum!

Turns out...I messed that up. We cancelled that breakfast and will probably do in October.

Nothing better than a little shopping at DTD. I want to go back right now because I love the new Dooney that just came out because it has Pluto on it! I don't want to order one because Pluto needs to be front and center. ::yes::

I had one Dooney and gave it away. I'm more of a Vera Bradley girl. But I do like the looks of the bags.

Splitsville sounds interesting, I definitely want to try it sometime. I used to be a really good bowler, was in a league growing up, but that all changed when I messed up my ankle. It totally threw off my game. :sad2:

I was in a league while pregnant with Andy; then we did a couples league for several years when we moved to our house.

I want one of those chocolate cupcakes from BOG right now! That's one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW.

I LOVE those chocolate cupcakes.

Sounds like a great day. Girl time during morning EMH sounds fun, along with the afternoon at DTD! BOG for dinner, yum! I hope it's a great meal for you all!

Well, you certainly don't have to sell me on the special relationships that are formed here. I can't even imagine life without the people I've been blessed to meet (and some I've yet to meet). I love these kinds of stories above all else.

I had some serious thoughts of trying out Splitsville on my last trip, but it just didn't happen. Really looking forward to hearing about that.

Just subscribed to this PTR. Looking forward to hearing as you plan! We rented points at the Boardwalk a couple of years ago and loved it! The location is great and we just enjoyed the whole vibe of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter