No ticker and no planning make me GO CRAZY.. Feb. 2013 PTR

I just saw this...congrats on the September trip (although I'll miss you by a week :sad2:). Joining in for the rest of the planning.

So did you decide on the Fantasy for next year? That sounds good, I really need to do a cruise. I'm hoping if we go in Feb and we bring Caitlin and go from Wednesday to Monday, that can be my Disney fix for the year and maybe we can finally do a cruise later in the year. If we only go for the weekend, though...that probably won't be enough Disney for me. Although maybe Brandon and I can do a 3 day cruise and then 3 days in Disney or something. I can't even think about next year's vacations yet when November is stressing me out so much!:faint:

Sorry I've been missing....trying to catch up!

The Zombie race looks really fun! Ed would enjoy something like that.

As for the vacation planning conundrums:

I say book the Fantasy for May 18, 2013 & you can sail with us! Seriously though, I would just go ahead & book 2013. You can always change the date! :thumbsup2

I just saw this...congrats on the September trip (although I'll miss you by a week :sad2:). Joining in for the rest of the planning.

Glad you found me, Kathy! I seem to be missing many Disers by a few days:(

So did you decide on the Fantasy for next year? That sounds good, I really need to do a cruise. I'm hoping if we go in Feb and we bring Caitlin and go from Wednesday to Monday, that can be my Disney fix for the year and maybe we can finally do a cruise later in the year. If we only go for the weekend, though...that probably won't be enough Disney for me. Although maybe Brandon and I can do a 3 day cruise and then 3 days in Disney or something. I can't even think about next year's vacations yet when November is stressing me out so much!:faint:

You do need to do a cruise. Be warned- it is addictive. I am constantly trying to find a way to squeeze in a cruise- a 3 day, 4 day, week, whatever. It becomes an expensive obsession.:beach:

I can't wait until July is here so that I can finally know if we can go in Feb. Caitlin wants to eat with the Princesses. Akershus, here we come:thumbsup2

Sorry I've been missing....trying to catch up!

The Zombie race looks really fun! Ed would enjoy something like that.

As for the vacation planning conundrums:

I say book the Fantasy for May 18, 2013 & you can sail with us! Seriously though, I would just go ahead & book 2013. You can always change the date! :thumbsup2

I was looking at that date! Since I work every 3rd weekend I only had so many weeks available in the Spring. That happened to be one option but I just can't pull Caitlin out for another 5 days of school when she is already missing 5 in Sept. I really, really considered it but I don't want her to miss too much.

I really hate that I have to wait so long but at least I have some plans in between to keep me occupied.

I was looking at that date! Since I work every 3rd weekend I only had so many weeks available in the Spring. That happened to be one option but I just can't pull Caitlin out for another 5 days of school when she is already missing 5 in Sept. I really, really considered it but I don't want her to miss too much.

I really hate that I have to wait so long but at least I have some plans in between to keep me occupied.

That's too funny that you did look at our date! That would've been so much fun! But, I completely understand about not wanting to pull Caitlin out of school again.

It is hard indeed when a booked trip is so far away.

Signing up. :thumbsup2

I was THIS close from booking the ToT race for me but I wasn't able to get vacation dates with my work. :( So I guess I will live the dream through you. ;)
Your plans sound great so far.

Good job with keeping up with your running. It is inspiring me to keep up with mine (even though I have no Disney race in view).

Cannot wait to read more.
Queila

I have to admit all the cruise stuff confuses me. But it sounds like you've worked out a good plan. One or the serious bonuses of travelling with Disney is that they are really good about letting you change your plans, albeit not necessarily cancel them completely. Personally, I'd want to get the trip on the books, so to speak, so it'll be there, whether you end up moving it or not.

That's too funny that you did look at our date! That would've been so much fun! But, I completely understand about not wanting to pull Caitlin out of school again.

It is hard indeed when a booked trip is so far away.

I don't want to wait!!:sad: I am trying to convince DH to book the Eastern on the Allure in Sept. so we can just do the Western on DCL in April but he won't change. I really do like that we can squeeze in MVMCP and some x-mas decorations but I just want to be on Fantasy ASAP.

Signing up. :thumbsup2

I was THIS close from booking the ToT race for me but I wasn't able to get vacation dates with my work. :( So I guess I will live the dream through you. ;)
Your plans sound great so far.

Good job with keeping up with your running. It is inspiring me to keep up with mine (even though I have no Disney race in view).

Cannot wait to read more.
Queila

Nice to see you again. :)

I need to find some inspiration to keep me running. Lately my runs have been horrible since it has been so muggy and humid. I don't know how I'm going to manage over the summer. I just need to remember my Disney trips I have planned and at least get out there. I don't care how slow I go as long as I do the miles I need to do.

I have to admit all the cruise stuff confuses me. But it sounds like you've worked out a good plan. One or the serious bonuses of travelling with Disney is that they are really good about letting you change your plans, albeit not necessarily cancel them completely. Personally, I'd want to get the trip on the books, so to speak, so it'll be there, whether you end up moving it or not.

All my cruise planning is starting to confuse me.:laughing: We are now officially booked and I feel much better. I would feel better if it was coming up sooner, but I'm happy to be going when we are.

Lots of good vacation planning taking place over the last weekend.

Sept.
The Sept. RCI cruise is booked.

Airfare should be booked soon.

Resort booked.

I was thinking about trying Park Fare for breakfast but am going to stick with no ADRs for the 2 days we are there, so no need to worry about dining reservations.

Feb. 2013

It’s looking like the Feb. 2013 will be a go. I talked to my sister and she is still willing to go which will be a nice change from going with non Disney lover DH. It was looking like it might be just the two of us for the weekend because I was afraid adding Caitlin will be too much $$$ and she has been driving me crazy lately. However, I ran the numbers again and unless airfare is insane it should be manageable.

I am hoping to Wed-Mon over President’s Week and do the Half Marathon. I also told Cailtin that I would either let her do the kids run or the 5k depending on how much she is able to walk or run by then. If she does the 5k, I will do it with her.

The only way this trip might not happen is if I get pregnant. At first I thought maybe just cancel all together if that happens, but I would really like to take a girls only trip with Caitlin and my sister so maybe still go but not do the Half Marathon? Who knows, we’ll figure it out as it comes.

Nov. 2013
After a brief look at sailing the Wonder in April 2013, I have decided to let that go. DH doesn’t really want to go on the classic DCL ships. I would love a chance to try all 4 but I can wait and maybe one day go with just Caitlin. I am hoping the Magic comes back to NY in the next few years and that way we can do a shorter trip with no flights like the cruise to nowhere or a New England cruise.

I tried and tried and tried to find a way to squeeze in the Fantasy for the Spring of 2013 but I just can’t take Caitlin out after her missing school for the Sept trip. Her Feb and April vacation has the Fantasy going to the Western Caribbean. I am pretty set on doing the Eastern since we are already doing the Western on RCI. I tried to get DH to switch his trip to the Eastern, but I did such a good job selling him on the Western so that I could have the Eastern on the Fantasy he won’t switch. He needs to be able to zipline and I can’t seem to find that on the Eastern.

I looked at the summer but DH doesn’t like missing a full week of work over the summer plus DCL prices are crazy for the summer. A cruise in June is 2-3000 dollars more than if we went during the Spring or Fall.

We are now officially booked on the Eastern Caribbean Nov. 2, 2013. I hate that it is so far away but it will be a good choice because hopefully we can attend Mickey Very Merry Christmas party the weekend we are back so I will be able to see a little of Disney at x-mas time.

If I was to get pregnant over the summer we would still be able to go and just be those crazy people who bring a baby on a cruise. If we have to push it back, we have to push it back.

I don't really have much to plan for Sept yet. Once we get closer I'll post the plans for those 2 days but right now I'm going to jump ahead and start some Feb. planning. Since this PTR started as Nov2013/ Feb2014 I'm going to start the 2013 PTR in the next post. A kind of restarted PTR, if you will.

Sounds like you got everything going there...good plans, too. I think it would be great if you, Jen and Caitlin did a girls trip (I loved mine in January and can't wait to do it again next January).

I may have missed it...where do you plan on staying for the girls trip in February?

Lots of good vacation planning taking place over the last weekend.

Sept.
The Sept. RCI cruise is booked.

Airfare should be booked soon.

Resort booked.

Feb. 2013

I am hoping to Wed-Mon over President’s Week and do the Half Marathon. I also told Cailtin that I would either let her do the kids run or the 5k depending on how much she is able to walk or run by then. If she does the 5k, I will do it with her.

Congratulations on booking your RCI cruise! :woohoo:
(and btw I answered your questions on my thread ;))

Now does Wed-Mon over President's Week mean Wed-Mon AFTER President's day?
If so ....... would you mind meeting another DISer? .... Just trying to let you know that we will be there Thursday to Saturday after President's Day too. :goodvibes

Sounds like you got everything going there...good plans, too. I think it would be great if you, Jen and Caitlin did a girls trip (I loved mine in January and can't wait to do it again next January).

I may have missed it...where do you plan on staying for the girls trip in February?

I am so excited for a girl's trip. It will be so strange to travel with someone who actually loves Disney.

Nope, you didn't miss the resort. We haven't gotten that far yet.;)

Congratulations on booking your RCI cruise! :woohoo:
(and btw I answered your questions on my thread ;))

Now does Wed-Mon over President's Week mean Wed-Mon AFTER President's day?
If so ....... would you mind meeting another DISer? .... Just trying to let you know that we will be there Thursday to Saturday after President's Day too. :goodvibes

I was just thinking about how you would most likely be there for some of our trips. I wasn't sure when your cruise part or land part was though.

If all works out, our dates would be Feb 20-25.:banana: Now, I really hope it all works out. I would love a chance to meet you and Tom.

I was just thinking about how you would most likely be there for some of our trips. I wasn't sure when your cruise part or land part was though.

If all works out, our dates would be Feb 20-25.:banana: Now, I really hope it all works out. I would love a chance to meet you and Tom.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
We will be there Feb 21 - 23 (cruise is going to be Feb 17 - 21) .... and we would LOVE to meet you! pixiedust:

Offical restart of my PTR or start of the Feb 2013 PTR

February 2013

The cast of this trip will be a little different than normal. DH has no desire to go to Disney and I have no desire to even attempt to deal with non Disney lover DH during the President’s Day crowds. I have a feeling if he came it would be the last time he ever agreed to go.

1st Cast member- Caitlin who will be 8 at the time of the trip in Feb.
DisneyoncanonMay2011274.jpg

I had to really think about even taking her. I really don’t even think she really likes Disney all that much. When I ask her if she wants to go to WDW again she usually says only if we go to Discovery Cove. I’m not really sure where I went wrong with that? She does love Disney Dining and when I mentioned this trip she said we had to eat with the princesses and she needs a princess dress. This from a girl who hasn’t watched a princess movie in over a year.

Of course, when I mentioned that I was going to Disney without her she said NO WAY! She loves Disney! Sure, she does.

2ND cast member- me, of course- Diane

DisneyDreamCanon2011222.jpg

I have never been a runner, but finally decided to start. I completed the Couch to 5k program in Oct and since then have entered about 4 or 5 local 5ks. DH recently did a 5k mud run and is now trying to get me to do some of those. Even Caitlin has done some kids run. Too be honest , I really don’t love running. I just like how I feel when I’m done. I am glad that the family is starting to get involved though.

Anyway this trip came about from my desire to do the Princess Half Marathon.

The 3rd cast member and new to our trips will be Jenny! Or as some of you know her, Jen aka Nermel9 on the boards.

DSC_4842.jpg

She agreed to tackle the madness of President’s week so that she can partake in the 5K that weekend. She is also looking forward to spending time with Caitlin and enjoying Disney with a child. She has no idea what she is signing up for.

We went on multiple family Disney trips when we were younger but it has been 15 years since we have been to WDW together.

The last time was when the castle was pink. She was a senior in high school and after that she became too cool to go on vacations with her family.:cool2:

We have been on 4 WDW trips starting when I was three. My father always took a billion pictures, but once developed no one ever took care of them. I remember once finding a whole basket full of pictures in the basement of my parents house that had gotten damp and had to be throw out. So even though we took tons of pictures, not many survived.

Here a few :
photos45.jpg

photos34.jpg

Anyone else miss Roger Rabbit?
photos56.jpg

Up next- dates and possible resorts

Yay I can't wait for our Feb. trip! I can't wait to go with Caitlin, it's going to be fun, and I can't wait to eat at a princess meal for once! :cool1:

Wouldn't it be funny if we got pregnant at the same time? Not that I'm trying yet. But I'd like to start sometime soon. :thumbsup2

I didn't know you had old Disney pictures of us, I want to scan them someday. Do you have anymore? Look how skinny I was in that picture in front of the pink castle!!! :sad:

I was there for the pink castle too...sadly, I wasn't as young as you...I was the mom. LOL..taking my 2 older ones...though my Mom did tag along too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter