No ticker and no planning make me GO CRAZY.. Feb. 2013 PTR

Love your treasures from the Disney store! Especially the cup - very cute!

You're doing such a great job with your running! :thumbsup2 Keep up the hard work! I do think you could run the Princess Half in February.

So far, I'm still sticking to C25K. I'm doing ok with it but I still find it a tad unbelievable that I'll be able to run 3 miles by the end. But, I'm going to try! I like running at night since it's not as hot. I know that once it gets closer to our trip, I'll have to do some morning training since the ToT 5K is in the morning. I don't blame you for not doing anymore races after Mother's Day. It is just too hot!

I haven't looked into NCL but I have looked at several cruises with RCL. And they really are just as expensive as DCL. I found that not only does RCL not include a lot of the things that Disney does, but I found it very hard if not impossible to find out what certain things cost on RCL. Like the restaurants where you have to pay extra. I couldn't easily find this info on the website. I ended up finding a TR on here about an RCL cruise. From that TR, I learned what the extra restaurants could cost. Some are very reasonable. But, what I didn't like is that at some you pay your little bit extra for the food but you also have to pay a little fee to get into the restaurant, too. Again, it was hardly anything but it just perturbed me for some reason. I don't know, when I go on a cruise, I want it to be pretty much all-inclusive. I know I have to pay for tips, alcohol, excursions, spa & adults-only places. But, really everything else should be included. And the prices should all be easy to find for these extras. Which, DCL makes it very easy to find out how much all of their stuff cost so it makes it easier to budget for them.

I love my Mickey Mouse cup. I saw a lady drinking out of one at work a few weeks ago and I asked her where she got it. She told me a friend had picked it up at an outlet so I figured I would never get one. Luckliy there were added to DS online and the Disney stores.

Some of the extras on RCL bug me too, but DH is pretty determined to try them. I am open to any cruise line and will go in with an open mind. I think I'll be happy enough as long as I am traveling to nice islands:cool2:

swinging your shifts has got to make it extra exhausting!

i've picked up a couple vinylmation lately too (THANKS KATE...) I also asked for a couple for Mother's Day. Figure its a great gift- when else are you allowed to trade something you don't like without hurting feelings :lmao:

i got the 25th anniversary bag too. it is a completely different material then they have been in the past. I'm not sure how it will hold up compared to the others. i figure if nothing else it may repel water a little better.

I have been using my bag lately and it does seem to be much better quality. Now I just hate the crinkling noise it makes when carrying it. It's alway something with me, I guess.

:laughing:Kate and her trades made me interested in Vinylmation too.

My Disney reusable bags fall apart quickly, too. They're so cute that I still want to buy them, if only they'd last longer. It's almost like they're disposable reusable bags.:rotfl:

I like the new Vinylmation. Did you see Disney Store was having a special offer online where you could buy one Vinyl and get a mystery vinyl for only $1.99? I couldn't resist that.

Lauren- you're very welcome. :thumbsup2

I didn't see the special. I bet it's over now:sad2: I would like to get a couple to trade for our next trip. You make it sound like such fun.

Ugh, disposable resuable bags. That is exactly what the bags where. They were so pretty but so useless. Hopefully they have improved them due to complaints. I can pay $1 in a grocery store for one that last 100 times longer.

OMG! How exciting!!! :cool1:

Okay, I'm sending pixie dust your way that it happens. pixiedust: I would be so thrilled if you were there at the same time as us! :goodvibes

Thanks for the pixie dust:thumbsup2

That's wonderful news!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to work out in your favour! :woohoo:

Thanks!:goodvibes

YAY!!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Are you on Pottermore Diane?

Nope, no Potter for me. :sad2:

How exciting! I hope that last 20% gets worked out quickly! :goodvibes

I think it is all worked out:cheer2:

YAY!!! 2 days or 10, Disney is awesome and it's all good. ::yes::
Here's some pixie dust for the other 20%! pixiedust:

I can get a lot done in 2 days.

Thanks for the pixie dust:thumbsup2

I hope it works out!

Thanks Jen:goodvibes

My vacation time in Sept. /Oct was approved yesterday!!!
I still can’t believe DH agreed. Here’s how it all happened.

I’ve been racking my mind on how to get DH his cruise for his little budget and how to get a runDisney run. DH refuses to fly to Disney for a 5k. I would love to do the Princess this year but there is just so much in the way, going doing at peak times, paying peak prices. My budget for taking a trip in Feb would have to be much bigger than say, a Sept trip. Plus if I went this Feb. it would throw my plans of getting on AP for my year of Disney in Nov. 2013 off.

I happened to be looking at the rundisney website last week and noticed that the TOT 10 miler was 94% full.

I had asked DH a while back if he had an issue with me flying down to do it. Of course he did. We agreed no Disney this year. Fine.

However, I ran the numbers and realized that if I could hope down and do the run we could also fit in DH’s cruise. Cruise prices are a little cheaper in Sept, plus now I don’t mind paying for some since I get to go to Disney!
I called DH completely excited to run the idea by him. He answered and I completely gave up without trying. He asked why I called and I told him that he was just going to say no and I should just forget it. I had nothing to say and would see him later. He could tell my voice that I was plotting something and asked me to just tell him so he could say no.

I told him how if we went in Sept. I could do my run and he could do his cruise. He said no. I told him that since I would no longer be planning a Feb trip this year, I could work with his budget. He said he was intrigued and would look at my plans/ numbers when he got home.

Since the TOT run is on a Sat night I could only find a few choices for the cruise.

Carnival Dream- Eastern Sept. 22
Oasis of the Seas Sept. 22
Freedom of the Seas Western Sept. 30
Allure of the Seas Eastern Sept. 30

I really wanted to leave the week after so that left us basically choosing between the Western or Eastern Caribbean itineraries. I have always thought the Eastern would be our first choice but when I asked DH what he wanted, he said adventure. Zip lining, jet skies, dolphin swims, scuba diving, snorkeling,etc. I’m happy as long as there are beaches.

So here are our new travel plans.
I will be flying to WDW on Friday. Sept 28 by myself. Caitlin and John will fly out Sat morning. (Caitlin is already missing enough school, plus I get the day to myself)

I will do the run Saturday night and we will attend the after party.
Tower-of-Terror-race.jpg

Bright and early the next morning we will head to Port Canaveral where we will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas.
162279369_2fcgA-M.jpg

We will be heading to
Cozumel
cozumel.jpg

Grand Cayman

Labadee
labadee-zip-line.jpg

And Jamaica
SDC12224.jpg

I think DH picked the Western based on the zip lining excursions available
298685_264819913558361_100000910639179_744819_8256012_n.jpg

I will book the cruise this week, but I am holding off on the airfare. SW only has a 6:50pm return time. I’m waiting on Jet Blue to see if the prices drop.

We also took in to consideration that I could become pregnant this summer. Honestly with the crazy schedule that we will have this summer I don’t see it happening. We are going to take a break from “trying” and just let whatever happens, happens. If I was to become pregnant though, I would still be within the range to take the cruise. The only thing that would change is that I would do the 5k instead of the 10 miler.

OMG! I'm so excited for you! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

We arrive on the same day!!!

That's great that you got into the 10 mile race before it got completely full! Will y'all be staying onsite the Friday & Sat night? I am definitely going to be at the party in DHS so I can see Ed cross the finish line & then we can enjoy the party. I hope Reid will stay up some, but I'm sure he'll fall asleep in his stroller. Yes, I'll be the horrible mother with the sleeping 4 year old at this late party. :rotfl:

I think the cruise sounds great! I'll be interested to hear what you think of it since I've looked at that ship before. I do like the itinerary of an Eastern Caribbean cruise better but it does sound like there are more fun things to do on the Western. I would LOVE to go ziplining!

Congratulations on the Sept. trip!!!!:cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

The ToT run looks like so much fun, and it's great that you were able to work in that with your DH's cruise. :thumbsup2

I'll have to ask my DH's parents if they've ever been on the Freedom. They are huge cruisers and love that particular company. My DH has been on the Monarch and twice and enjoyed it, so I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time! And I bet ziplining in Grand Caymen will be absolutely beautiful!

OMG! I'm so excited for you! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

We arrive on the same day!!!

That's great that you got into the 10 mile race before it got completely full! Will y'all be staying onsite the Friday & Sat night? I am definitely going to be at the party in DHS so I can see Ed cross the finish line & then we can enjoy the party. I hope Reid will stay up some, but I'm sure he'll fall asleep in his stroller. Yes, I'll be the horrible mother with the sleeping 4 year old at this late party. :rotfl:

I think the cruise sounds great! I'll be interested to hear what you think of it since I've looked at that ship before. I do like the itinerary of an Eastern Caribbean cruise better but it does sound like there are more fun things to do on the Western. I would LOVE to go ziplining!

I'm so excited.:yay: The run looks fun and the party looks even better. I hope Reid stays up for at least some of it.

I had such a hard time picking Western over Eastern but I'm sure we'll be trying the Eastern soon anyway. I really didn't want to go on the Allure or the Oasis yet, they are just too big for our first week cruise.

I'm not sure where we are going to stay yet. I would like to try somewhere new, but I don't love any of the host resort choices. I might stay somewhere cheap for the first night and move the second day when John and Caitlin arrive.

Congratulations Diane! I'm so excited for you!:cheer2:

Thanks! I just looked at your ticker and it says four months. For some reason I thought you were doing the TOT run too. Were you ever thinking of doing it or am I totally confused?

Congratulations on the Sept. trip!!!!:cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

The ToT run looks like so much fun, and it's great that you were able to work in that with your DH's cruise. :thumbsup2

I'll have to ask my DH's parents if they've ever been on the Freedom. They are huge cruisers and love that particular company. My DH has been on the Monarch and twice and enjoyed it, so I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time! And I bet ziplining in Grand Caymen will be absolutely beautiful!

Glad to hear your ILs like RC. Most people that I work with seem to go on NCL. Maybe b/c they leave out of NYC though. One of my coworkers is obsessed with cruising and has tried most lines. She said they are all pretty much the same anyway.

I'm so excited for the run. I can't wait to find out more about the party afterwards.:yay:

I'm so excited.:yay: The run looks fun and the party looks even better. I hope Reid stays up for at least some of it.

The party does look like a lot of fun. I'm interested to see what all villains they have out for meet & greets. Are John & Caitlin going to the party to meet up with you?

I had such a hard time picking Western over Eastern but I'm sure we'll be trying the Eastern soon anyway. I really didn't want to go on the Allure or the Oasis yet, they are just too big for our first week cruise.

The Allure & Oasis do seem really big. It's almost overwhelming. I can't wait to hear what y'all think of a week long cruise.

I'm not sure where we are going to stay yet. I would like to try somewhere new, but I don't love any of the host resort choices. I might stay somewhere cheap for the first night and move the second day when John and Caitlin arrive.

I know....I had us at Boardwalk first. But, really didn't want to pay the Boardwalk or Beach Club rate for just 2 nights. I don't really care for the All-Star Resorts. So that left the mod race resorts (CBR, POR & POFQ). As you know, we chose POFQ. Good luck with choosing! :goodvibes

:laughing:Kate and her trades made me interested in Vinylmation too.

I didn't see the special. I bet it's over now:sad2: I would like to get a couple to trade for our next trip. You make it sound like such fun.

i took advantage of that special. so now i have 2 from a b1g1 last year, one random clearance dolphin, and the two i got with that special. the 1.99 one they sent was pretty cool and i'm not sure if i will trade it. the one i purchased- i had looked at whatever series it was and said,ok, most are pretty awesome. there are a couple okay ones, and one that i'm not too crazy about. you know which one i got:lmao:. its okay though, i seriously don't want to get too many, i just think it will be a fun way to get the kids involved so that shopping is a bit more enjoyable for them (and therefore for me)

i'm so excited to see your new ticker! wish it was for October instead, but still excited for you!

I'm glad you're doing the ToT 10 miler this year, so I can decide if I want to do it next year, I should be able to get myself up to 10 miles by then!

The cruise looks awesome, the zip lining looks like fun and the beaches are so nice! I need to do a cruise soon. :thumbsup2

Oh YAY!!! That's so exciting! :woohoo: A hint of Disney and a cruise too. Congratulations on coming to such a great compromise :thumbsup2

That is AWESOME!!!!!!! I am so happy for you RCCL has some really nice ships. My friend sailed the freedom and LOVED it!

That is AWESOME!!!!!!! I am so happy for you RCCL has some really nice ships. My friend sailed the freedom and LOVED it!

:thumbsup2Glad to hear your friend loved the FOS. I hope we do too. (although part of me hopes it's awful so we can stick with DCL:laughing:, but I think if it does go well DH will be more inclined to say yes to vacations in general)

Oh YAY!!! That's so exciting! :woohoo: A hint of Disney and a cruise too. Congratulations on coming to such a great compromise :thumbsup2

I think it's the perfect compromise. I also think it will make it much easier to get DH to agree to all of the Disney trips I have planned over the next few years with and without him. I think he will be okay with them as long as we alternate with vacations he wants to do

I'm glad you're doing the ToT 10 miler this year, so I can decide if I want to do it next year, I should be able to get myself up to 10 miles by then!

The cruise looks awesome, the zip lining looks like fun and the beaches are so nice! I need to do a cruise soon. :thumbsup2

I still kind of want to go in Feb 2013 and do the half. If you are up for it, maybe you can do the 5k in Feb. and the 10 mile in Sept.

If we do go in Feb. Caitlin wants to do the 5k too, so I would sign up for that and the half.

I just called your house to talk to Brandon, but I guess Nina isn't doing too well. I do need Brandon's cell phone # when you get a chance though. Can you text it to me and not worry why I need it:rolleyes:

i took advantage of that special. so now i have 2 from a b1g1 last year, one random clearance dolphin, and the two i got with that special. the 1.99 one they sent was pretty cool and i'm not sure if i will trade it. the one i purchased- i had looked at whatever series it was and said,ok, most are pretty awesome. there are a couple okay ones, and one that i'm not too crazy about. you know which one i got:lmao:. its okay though, i seriously don't want to get too many, i just think it will be a fun way to get the kids involved so that shopping is a bit more enjoyable for them (and therefore for me)

i'm so excited to see your new ticker! wish it was for October instead, but still excited for you!

I am still debating if I even really want to start trading. I am afraid I will want to keep them all.

I would love it if we were there with you. Caitlin would have a blast meeting up with Maya. Do you have any idea when you will be back afterwards? My whole Disney planning schedule is getting totally thrown off. Now, I am thinking maybe go back this Feb., get pregnant next year and go back for xmas in 2014/15? Darn DH for actually agreeing and messing up my plans:laughing:

The party does look like a lot of fun. I'm interested to see what all villains they have out for meet & greets. Are John & Caitlin going to the party to meet up with you?

John and Caitlin should be going. I haven't mentioned it to DH, but Caitlin wants to go. She is pretty upset that she can't do the kids run but it would mean her missing school Friday too and I can't let her miss that much.

I was going to ask John, but I don't think he actually pays attention when I talk about the trip. I printed out the training plan for the 10 miler and he saw it. He asked me when I was doing a 10 miler. Um, Disney. Hello, the whole reason this trip started. "I thought you were doing a 5k?" :mad: Seriously, all I have to do is a 5k to get to Disney?

The Allure & Oasis do seem really big. It's almost overwhelming. I can't wait to hear what y'all think of a week long cruise.

They do seem overwhelming. I would like to try them one day, but not for awhile. Maybe once we have done the Eastern or Western a few times and can spend more time enjoying the ship.

I know....I had us at Boardwalk first. But, really didn't want to pay the Boardwalk or Beach Club rate for just 2 nights. I don't really care for the All-Star Resorts. So that left the mod race resorts (CBR, POR & POFQ). As you know, we chose POFQ. Good luck with choosing! :goodvibes

I would love to stay at the BW but I really want to stay there for an xmas trip. Yacht would be nice but I'm not paying $900 for 2 nights with the cruise right after. I need my money for tropical drinks and dolphin swims.

Our trip will include 2 nights at Disney.

The first night needs to be a Disney resort since I plan on using ME. I am not too concerned about it being a host resort for the run, I am pretty sure I can make it to the expo on my own.

I would like the second night to be at a host resort, but I don’t really like the host resorts. The deluxes are just too much $ for a quick weekend before the cruise and they aren’t my top choices anyway.

CBR doesn’t really interest me for some reason. I would like to stay at POFQ someday but am just not feeling it this trip.

We love POR, but we have already stayed there. I was hoping to try something new this time.

The All Stars are pretty much on the bottom of my list. However they might be okay for the first night since I don’t plan on being in the room much.

Just in case you don’t know- a host resort will provide you with transportation to the expo to pick up your race packet and to the run itself. If you stay at a non host resort you have to drive yourself or get a taxi to the expo (which is fine) and to the run itself (this is what concerns me, not sure of how road closings with effect travel times)

Here are the host resorts
Packages start as low as $98 per person for a two night stay.*
• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
• Disney's All-Star Music Resort
• Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney Moderate Resorts
Packages start as low as $142 per person for a two night stay.*
• Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
• Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
• Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney Deluxe Resorts
Packages start as low as $346 per person for a two night stay*
• Disney's Beach Club Resort
• Disney's BoardWalk Resort
• Disney's Yacht Club Resort

My #1 choice is SSR. (Tina- anytime you want to give a little review on your TR, that would be great:thumbsup2)

No idea how this come to be. If you asked me a year ago I had no interest in staying there. Funny how different resorts look good at different times. Last year at this time I had really wanted to stay at POFQ.

ssr1.jpg

Pros-
-If I rent points this is one of the cheapest options

-The pools look great; Caitlin saw the pictures and said she would love to stay here

ssr3.jpg

ssr22.jpg

-A quick walk to DTD where I could eat at WPE for lunch and breakfast the next morning. I could also use the boat to POFQ, then hop a bus to the expo since POFQ is a host resort

-I love the DTD view from SSR at night, it just looks so pretty

Cons
-Not a host resort, but considering it is so close to POR/FQ it might not be too much of an issue

-DH will most likely not like it. He didn't like the BC, and they look similar. But I’m not really too concerned about that either

-Will the short stay be enough, maybe save this until we can do a longer trip to really enough the pools and closeness to DTD?

I don’t really have a ranking for the next resorts. They are all pretty much even.

POR
po1.jpg

Pros-

-Host resort

-The royal rooms look soooo pretty. I showed the pictures to Caitlin and she really loved the magic carpet and the genie lamp faucets

POR-RoyalRoom-ConceptArt-250411_large.jpg

por32.jpg

-DH really enjoyed POR on our first stay

-Awesome food court, will be a great option for dinner before the run

-The pool is great
po2.jpg

Cons
-The only real con is that we have already stayed here and I would really like to stay somewhere new. Also without a discount it will be on the upper end of costs, but not too bad

-Another con is that I had planned to stay here whenever we made it to WDW for the Princess Half Marathon (really not a big deal though)

Swan

swan3.jpg

Pros
-A very cheap option to stay an Epcot resort

-Don’t have to worry about transportation to the run since you can walk to
DHS

-We would get to try breakfast at Garden Grove, which is one of the 3 character breakfast we have not tried

GARDENGROVE-1.jpg

GARDENGROVE.jpg

I haven’t been on the food board lately. From what I can tell, Chip and Dale are still at breakfast on Sunday, right?

-The pool looks very nice
swan5.jpg

-Plenty of stuff to do on Sat. without heading to the parks

The beds look comfy
swan8.jpg

Cons
-Will be a split stay since I need ME the first day (really not a big deal, I love split stays)
-Not Disney

All Stars (most likely Movies)

asmo.jpg

Pros
- Cheap and a host resort
- ??? Um, thanks all I have

Cons
-Will have to be a split stay, DH and Caitlin need their waterslide and hot tub

-I refuse to pay for a preferred room so I would be stuck in Herbie or the mighty ducks, which are two movies I haven’t seen
asnmo3.jpg

Art of Animation Resort (If I pick Swan for the second night)
aoa.jpg

Pros
-Little Mermaid room with an Eric poster

aoa2.jpg

-Will be a great chance to check out the resort since I doubt I will ever get DH to agree to stay at a value

-The food court will most likely be comparable to Pop, which is great

-cheap

Cons
-not a host resort, but since I am just heading to the expo that day I don’t really mind

The final choices
-2 nights at SSR in a studio
-2 nights at POR in a royal room

-1 night AOA, 1 night POR
-1 night AOA, 1 night Swan
-1 night ASMo, 1 night POR
-1night ASMo, 1 night Swan
-1 night SSR, 1 night Swan
-1 night SSR, 1 night POR

I think I am leaning towards either 2 nights at SSR or a split stay. What do you think??

If we don’t stay at the Swan, we will most likely have our departure day breakfast at Park Fare, another new breakfast for us
PF.jpg

PF-1.jpg

I think I am leaning towards either 2 nights at SSR or a split stay. What do you think??

It's a very hard decision. I want to stay at POFQ too. I am obsessed wit hgetting there...BUT I have 3 resorts for my upcoming trip and none of the stays are there. LOL!

If you can rent points, the SSR might be the best option. I think you will enjoy it there and then be able to get a taste of it.

I just wanted to point out (since you mentioned it) that the food court at Art of Animation is supposed to be pretty spectacular (for a food court) See here :)

I really can't comment too much on the resorts. I love Pop Century and am booked at AoA so I obviously have a liking for the values! lol I tend to go there, sleep, shower, and get right back to the parks so I've never really needed more than that. :confused3

Having said that, SSR is kind of my dream resort at the moment and if you can rent points that does sound like a wonderful option.

I think you have some really great options there! :thumbsup2

Here are the 3 options that I think I like the best (in no particular order):

- Rent the points for 2 nights at SSR
- 2 nights in a Royal Room @ POR
- 1 nights @ AoA & 1 night in a Royal Room @ POR

Can't wait to hear what you decide! :goodvibes

It's a very hard decision. I want to stay at POFQ too. I am obsessed wit hgetting there...BUT I have 3 resorts for my upcoming trip and none of the stays are there. LOL!

If you can rent points, the SSR might be the best option. I think you will enjoy it there and then be able to get a taste of it.

Ugh, now I kind of want to stay at POFQ:laughing: I really want to try all the resorts, so I'll get there one day.

SSR does seem to make sense. I do think it might be a better for a week long trip though. Who knows?

I just wanted to point out (since you mentioned it) that the food court at Art of Animation is supposed to be pretty spectacular (for a food court) See here :)

I really can't comment too much on the resorts. I love Pop Century and am booked at AoA so I obviously have a liking for the values! lol I tend to go there, sleep, shower, and get right back to the parks so I've never really needed more than that. :confused3

Having said that, SSR is kind of my dream resort at the moment and if you can rent points that does sound like a wonderful option.

I think you'll like my update. Darn Disney Blogs!

I think you have some really great options there! :thumbsup2

Here are the 3 options that I think I like the best (in no particular order):

- Rent the points for 2 nights at SSR
- 2 nights in a Royal Room @ POR
- 1 nights @ AoA & 1 night in a Royal Room @ POR

Can't wait to hear what you decide! :goodvibes

Thanks for your votes. I am surprised no one said Swan. Not Disney enough, I guess. It just seems so easy to get over to DHS that night though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter