No Spontaneity in the Summer at WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jenrose66, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jenrose66

jenrose66 DIS Veteran

I have a vacation coming up at work next week and I decided it might be fun to go to Disney for the week. I usually don't do things like this, but my mom was just able to get some last minute time off from work too and we never have time off together. I can find no availability for June 17 to the 21st at any values or moderates :( Oh well, I guess it is summer. It's just too bad because I found a flight for $89 each way. There is always offsite, but I don't think I want to do that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

Ohh, that's too bad! Maybe keep checking every hour for 48 hours?? LOL

Hey, it might be worth it - something might open up..did you try AAA?

Good luck!

4. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM <font color=darkblue>I really had to bite my tongu

Keep checking and make sure you look at expedia and travelocity too!

5. mskayjay

mskayjay <font color=magenta>They were sooooo good I had um

jenrose we've done Royal Plaza just off DTD and it was quite nice. If all else is falling into place except for hotels, try it! Its all renovated and such now too. Are Dolphin and Swan booked too?

6. jenrose66

jenrose66 DIS Veteran

There is availability at the swan and dolphin, but when I try to use the code listed on the link thru the dis site, it says that it's expired. I wanted to try to keep the cost around $150 a night or less.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have you checked online as well as calling??? Sometimes CRO has availability that online doesn't have and vice versa :confused3. Also, I believe room only bookings have up until 6 days before arrival to cancel, so I would keep checking daily to see if anything becomes available due to someone having to cancel :confused:. Good luck and I hope you are able to get a room :goodvibes.

8. bartleby1

bartleby1 DIS Veteran

I've heard that some people have luck calling at 7 am when they open because cancellations go through overnite. That never would have dawned on me. Have you tried the early morning approach?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

9. DisneylandDiva

DisneylandDiva Earning My Ears

You can always book an off site hotel. i know, not as much fun, but at least you will be able to go to WDW.

10. mskayjay

Well for what it is worth jenrose, I just did a hotwire search and found a 4 star in lake buena vista/dowtown disney for those dates at $99/night! I'd be willing to take a chance on that and here is what they say about that level of hotel so you can guess which one it is......"Our 4-star hotel suppliers include:
    Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni, plus other top brands and quality hotels." There were also ones as low as $75 for 3 1/2 star hotels.

11. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

12. mskayjay

and Expedia pulled up the Royal Plaza at $109 for those nights (that is with only 2 people but still......)

13. jenrose66

jenrose66 DIS Veteran

Thanks for helping me everyone! I was just looking at mousesavers and they had the Best Western at Downtown Disney for $99 a night and that looked ok too.

14. mskayjay

all of those hotels looked very nice when we were over there jen. the hilton of course is stunning. they were on expedia too so check there honey. their downtown market area was awesome AND expedia is going this thing for $50 in free gas if you book through them! go peek!!!!

15. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

Do you have AAA? They are showing availabilty....at movies and music. It might be worth the joining fee just to book.

16. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

The Best Weestern has huge rooms, but trip advisor reviews have not been so good lately. How about The Buena Vista Palace? It gets great reviews and has a perfect location directly across from DTD.

http://www.buenavistapalace.com/?src=sl_guidewdw_link

For your dates they are listing Resort View room at $114, Waterview Room at $114 - 124
    Disney View Guest Room $124 - 134.

it's a very nice resort - and you might even find a good deal on Expedia, Travelocity or Orbitz..but I think I'd book directly through the hotel - also remember you can often get a better rate by calling the hotel directly and asking if they are currently offering any special rates for your dates.

Hilton participates in EMH - but we were not crazy about the Hilton when we stayed there..but that would be nice plus.

Good luck!! I am so excited for you - last minute trips are so much fun!!! :)

17. MemoryMakers2669

MemoryMakers2669 <font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th

I had the same problem. We tried for the 17-24th and we ended up at three different places. 3 night, 2 nights, 2 nights.

We ended up switching to the 25-2nd and things were better.

18. tinkerbell60

tinkerbell60 DIS Veteran

We did a last minute trip over Spring Break - needless to say, nothing available onsite OR in DTD. We used the mousesaver code and booked the Radisson Resort Parkway. It is so close to Disney - but I would recommend getting a car. The shuttle bus had very limited times. We loved having our car there.

It was a nice hotel and the rate was $79/night.

19. asmarykay

asmarykay Mouseketeer

You should check hotels.com as well

20. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Just 2 weeks ago DH gave me the go ahead for a weekend getaway in June. No discounts available and the rate for value was $129 and mod was $189. That is insane! We decided to cash in points and stay at the Staybridge Suites instead...offsite at WDW is better than no WDW at all.

Have not stayed offsite in 6 years or more so this will be new to us once again...driving and parking and waiting for the tram....oh how spoiled we have become!;)

21. mskayjay

Nicki that deal at DDT sounds great! Are you already locked in to your ressies?