No rooms at ASMU last week of September????

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
I find this hard to swallow!

I called this morning to CHANGE my reservation. We already have a family suite at ASMU booked with a free quick service dining pin. I told her I wanted to change it to 2 connecting rooms (and that I knew they can't guarantee them connecting) and she went to do it and said..."uh-oh", put me on hold, and came back and told me she was sorry but they didn't have 2 rooms at ASMU and did I want to look at another resort or stay in the suite. WHAT????

So, either they are going to get slammed in September (I find this hard to believe for the value season) or they just SAY they don't guarantee connecting rooms but what she was really saying is that there are not two connecting rooms available. :confused3

I'm annoyed though b/c I was going to upgrade to ddp with the money we saved getting 2 rooms instead and now I'm not. We'll just have less TS meals and do a few OOP I guess.

Anyone else told there were no rooms (or there were not TWO rooms) at ASMU for the week of Sept. 25th??

Not sure about that week, but we are going the week before and there were plenty of rooms at all the resorts when we checked. There is probably a large group or convention coming and they usually stay value.

Or it could just be the room allotment for the discount you are wanting shows no availability. There may be availability. Just not for the promotion you want, and not for two rooms during your travel dates.
You can always try later and see if anything opens up.

I agree with PP it probably is not that the resort is sold out just that the rooms available with your PIN are sold out.

OP...you mentioned getting the DDP with the money saved....usually the difference between a suite and 2 rooms is only about $10 a day.

Hmmm, I thought it was about $200 difference for a 7 day stay but I can't find my figures...I'm starting to see double with all the numbers I've run! :laughing:

We'll be happy in the Suite, I was just trying to find a way to justify upgrading to DDP, but if we pay for 3 OOP TS meals and keep the free Quick Service we will have food coming out of our ears and I think we'll be pretty happy. :)

I wondered about that last week in September, too. I checked availability at CR during that week without any code or discount - just to see what the rack rate would be and whether any rooms are available. According to the website, all that's left is CL/Theme Park view and up - no standard or garden view in the garden wing, and no non-CL rooms in the tower!

You know you can pay $10/each per day to upgrade your free QSDP to the regular dining plan, right? I don't know how many people are in your group, so don't know whether that would be more costly than just paying OOP for a few TS meals. Also, you could have already calculated this vs. changing to 2 standard rooms....not clear on that...so sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

I have a theory as to why that last week in September may have the resorts booked....I wonder if others are doing what we did previously....book right at the end of the Free Dining window in order to be there for the Food & Wine Festival. We began our stay on the last day Free Dining was available & that allowed us to have it for the next 9 days. We used our snack credits at the little kiosks in the various countries around the World Showcase.

I agree with PP it probably is not that the resort is sold out just that the rooms available with your PIN are sold out

Yes, we've run into this issue with our PIN too - the room allotment for the discount is sold out. I was told to keep trying and so should you. :-)

Could be a couple of things.

Could be, as above, no more rooms available with your promotion during your stay.

Could be that ONE night of your stay, there are no rooms available - this would result in no rooms being available for your entire stay.

Could be SO many people booking rooms/packages on spec, in expectation of Free Dining, that (a) there's nothing available for you to change to and (b) VERY few, if any, rooms will be available for general Free Dining at ASMu if it's even offered, since it's pretty obvious the resort's occupancy level is already unusually high.

You know you can pay $10/each per day to upgrade your free QSDP to the regular dining plan, right? I don't know how many people are in your group, so don't know whether that would be more costly than just paying OOP for a few TS meals. Also, you could have already calculated this vs. changing to 2 standard rooms....not clear on that...so sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

I have a theory as to why that last week in September may have the resorts booked....I wonder if others are doing what we did previously....book right at the end of the Free Dining window in order to be there for the Food & Wine Festival. We began our stay on the last day Free Dining was available & that allowed us to have it for the next 9 days. We used our snack credits at the little kiosks in the various countries around the World Showcase.

Thanks, yes, I was trying to move us to 2 rooms (saves $200) so that I could upgrade (about 294$ for us) but I've decided that unless they offer DDP free, which I don't think they will for Value's this year, we will just stick with QSDP and do 3 OOP meals. It's a little less money and way more food when you add in all the extra CS meals and snacks.

I'm a little worried as well about the last week of Free Dining and F&W starting. BUT, that's exactly why WE book it as well. :laughing: My dh loves food & wine and didn't want to miss it and I wanted to be able to afford the food with 5 of us (2 being teenage boys!) ;) Our last day is the first day of F&W and I've warned my dh that it's going to be a madhouse, but he doesn't care. :rolleyes:

I think we are staying at CBR the same time you are at the ASMU. Same thing they only set aside so many rooms for each discount. We are going for 8 nights so we can get 2 days at F&W. We may just go the second day it starts. If there is a general code that comes out to the public for fd you may be able to get your rooms then.

We booked at CBR. But we would perfer the QSDP than the regular. If a room only discount comes out we may book that pay for the QSDP and I think the price will come out the same. The only place that is a must do we would pay out of pocket is Garden Grill for dinner. So for us it would work out because we would save over 200.00 in tips(that is what we spent in tips last year).

I figured about $200 in tips as well in my calculations. It sounds like I was right! The cost of 3 meals OOP is cheaper, but still quite a bit of money. I'm really warming up to the QSDP and I think it will give us a bit more freedom as well. :)

The last week of F&W is busy. But it is easily manageable. The lines move much faster than they use to in the past.
And F&W and a quick service plan are a great mix. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter