No Park Ticket, MNSSHP and FP+ Questions...

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Planning for next year...

My sister is on a tight budget and really wants to take her kids to the MNSSHP. We will be at WDW for 7 nights so I suggested to her that she buy a 6-day park ticket and use the party day as a day to sleep in and hang out at the resort. Then, she can use the party ticket to get in to the MK at 4pm. Her question is how does FP+ work? Do you link your party ticket to your MDE account? Does it recognize that you have a ticket and allow you to book FP+ for that day? She will still need the other 6 days "available" to book her other FP+ for the week.

Can anyone clarify how this would work?

Planning for next year...

My sister is on a tight budget and really wants to take her kids to the MNSSHP. We will be at WDW for 7 nights so I suggested to her that she buy a 6-day park ticket and use the party day as a day to sleep in and hang out at the resort. Then, she can use the party ticket to get in to the MK at 4pm. Her question is how does FP+ work?

1. Do you link your party ticket to your MDE account?
2. Does it recognize that you have a ticket and allow you to book FP+ for that day?
3. She will still need the other 6 days "available" to book her other FP+ for the week.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
But, you can only use FP+ between the hours of 4PM and 7PM at MK if all you have is a Party ticket that day.
(No FPs are used during the actual party.

3. Absolutely.
A valid ticket "day" must be in the MDE account for each and every day that FP+ is pre-booked.
Tickets must be purchased (and linked to MDE) in advance in order to make FP+ in advance.

This kind of information is explained in the FP+ thread found HERE. Read post #1 and #2 for FP+ recommendations and timing advice.

-Also see-

Booking and Modifying FP+ found HERE and HERE.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that there is no FP+ during the parties, so even for the couple of hours before the party she wouldn't have the ability to get FP+.

IIRC, you must have a park ticket as well as the MNSSHP ticket in order to enter. My tickets for VMCP clearly state this (I just double checked).

IIRC, you must have a park ticket as well as the MNSSHP ticket in order to enter. My tickets for VMCP clearly state this (I just double checked).

Not correct. you can get in with just the party ticket after 4

That's not true. You can enter with your Halloween party ticket starting at 4pm, no other ticket necessary.

Absolutely not.

Just so you know, cutting one day off her tickets is only going to save her about $10 per person.

Still a great way to enjoy the party (sleeping in and resting ahead of that) but it's not going to save that much.

would probably have to see the whole thing to understand what that not included meant but it's not worth the trouble as you can see bunches have already said otherwise and I know that's true because I've done it before

would probably have to see the whole thing to understand what that not included meant but it's not worth the trouble as you can see bunches have already said otherwise and I know that's true because I've done it before
Pretty irrelevant to me, too: I have an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter