"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

I'm in and SO excited for this TR! :cheer2:

Love your photos. Looking forward to reading more. Happy Thanksgiving! :surfweb:

So first- OMG! I'm SO excited to read about the new Fantasy land.. I've seen all the video blogs and whatnot that imaginears posted but at the same time, I don't have a good feeling for how it's laid out or anything.
I'm SUPER excited to read ALL about it! Super Excited!
Also- Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you all SO much for joining, I'm so happy to see everyone here! :dance3: I'm not sure when to do my first update, maybe later tonight when everyone has come back from Black Friday shopping? I know there are a few stores I have to hit in a little while! :thumbsup2 If I don't do my first update tonight, it will definitely be tomorrow, I want to get this TR rolling, so stay tuned! :yay:

Yippeeeeeee! Can't wait!!

Yay, hi Joyce, so glad you're here! :yay:

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it! That's great that you got to go to the new FL twice. I can't wait to see it myself (in a year...) Glad you had such a great trip! :goodvibes

Welcome! OMG New Fantasyland is amazing, you are going to love it! :cool1:

I"m here!!! So cant wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Yay, glad you're here!!! :dance3:

Joining in! We are debating October/Fall decorations vs. November/Christmas decorations for our trip next year, and your TR might just push me over into November! And that is the exact week we would be visiting if we did choose November, so I will be making careful notes of your experience. :rotfl:

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Hmm, choosing between November and December is tough! November is nice because you can do Food and Wine and see some Christmas decorations, but December is better if you really want to be in the Christmas spirit! You really can't go wrong with either time! :yay:

AHHH I'm here!!!! Fantastic title, girl! I'm so excited about this one! :yay:

Woo hoo, so glad you're here!!! Thanks, I can't wait to get started! :yay:

Yayyyy! I'm excited for this!!!! :goodvibes

Yay, so happy you're here!!!! I'm excited too! :cheer2:

I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! :goodvibes

Yay, glad to have you here! :yay:

Who's trip reports am I going to read if you aren't planning a Disney trip! Lol

Can't wait to read all about it :)

Haha, well, this TR will probably take a while...and I am going in February with my sister, although she will probably write that TR! :rotfl2: We'll see how long I can go without planning another trip...:rolleyes1

Thanks, so glad you're here! :goodvibes

Joining in! Can't wait to read more.

I'm going to get to experience the New Fantasyland in 4 days! :banana::dance3:

:welcome: Thanks for joining!!!

Love your trip reports - can't wait to follow along!

Thank you so much! Glad you're here! :dance3:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Yay, welcome!!! :yay:

Joining in! And finally catching a TR at the start!

:welcome: Glad to have you here!!!

Subbing and looking forward to reading more!

:welcome: So happy you're here!!

I think I enjoy the planning just as much as the trip...maybe even more sometimes. Can't wait to read your TR and see how you liked the New Fantasyland.

Haha, I agree, I love the planning part of a Disney trip! Maybe not more, but probably just as much as actually going! :cool1: I LOVED New Fantasyland! I wish I was there now! :yay: Glad you're here!!!

I'm here, I'm her, I'm HERE!!!!! (And I was there, too:rotfl:)

Yay!!!! :goodvibes So glad you're here! I can't wait to see how many times we were in the same park at the same time, probably a lot! :rotfl2: We probably walked right by each other and didn't even realize it!

Jen, I'm here. I'll be back to catch up as soon as I can (we were out of town over the weekend and I've been updating my TR and PTR since we leave in 15 days and I'm now behind on everyone else's again).

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Yay, so glad you're here Kathy! :cool1: I'm so behind on everyone's TR's and PTR's, I'm trying to get caught up but it's taking a while! I can't believe you're going back so soon, I'm so jealous! :sad:

Subbing!! :goodvibes So exicted to hear about the New Fantasyland...from all the pics I've seen online it looks incredible!

Also love your title. Was the flatware entertaining?? :thumbsup2

Yay, :welcome: OMG New Fantasyland is unbelievable! I loved every second that I was there!!

Haha, thank you! I almost considered using the flatware line for my title! :rotfl2: Every time I see it I get the song stuck in my head!

Joining in! I'm new to the boards, but I love reading the trip reports. =)

:welcome: Thanks for joining! And welcome to the DIS! Everyone here is so nice, if you love Disney, you are in the right place! :thumbsup2

One of your best trip ever? Looking forward to reading about it!

It was definitely an amazing trip! :yay: So excited to write this TR, so glad you're here!

I'm in and SO excited for this TR! :cheer2:

Love your photos. Looking forward to reading more. Happy Thanksgiving! :surfweb:

Yay, :welcome:!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Thank you, I'm so excited to write this TR! I took a million pictures of everything! :rotfl2:

So first- OMG! I'm SO excited to read about the new Fantasy land.. I've seen all the video blogs and whatnot that imaginears posted but at the same time, I don't have a good feeling for how it's laid out or anything.
I'm SUPER excited to read ALL about it! Super Excited!
Also- Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

:welcome: Ahhh New Fantasyland was amazing!!!! I wasn't sure what to expect either, I had no idea how it was laid out, but it's perfect! I didn't look at too many pictures before I went, I wanted to be surprised, and I'm glad I did that, because it was so much fun seeing it all in person! Even if you have looked at it all online, you're still going to be amazed when you first walk in, it is SO perfect!!! Especially Belle's village! :yay:

Happy Thanksgiving! :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up!! I'm here and ready for the story!

Yay, you made it! Glad you're here!!! :yay:

I'm here, I'm here! :hyper: I'm super excited for your TR, because your TRs are always fantastic and I loooove them. Plus, I am super excited by that little preview of you in the new Fantasyland! EEP! :bitelip: This is going to be great!

I'M HEREEEE!!!!!

And compeletely jealous of your being able to see new fantasyland!!!!!

I'm so excited for your TR! We will be there similar dates next year so I'm eager to see what weather and crowd levels are like.

Subbing on... I can't wait to hear about your awesome trip...:thumbsup2

(I've been MIA on the boards for a couple of days and am still recovering from a 48 hour turkey/carb coma...:rotfl:) I've got to pull it together...;)

Bring it...popcorn::

Finally made it. So glad I haven't missed too much yet.
I never did see you, but for all I know, we were standing rigth next to each other a few times. :rotfl2:

We sw the new Fantasyland expansion twice too. We LOVED it.

I am late but I'm here. I have hardly done any DISing lately with my computer dying...atleast my new one is on the way so I can get caught up on everybody's reports!

AHHH I am so jealous you got to see Fantasyland already. Why is it not April? :sad2::sad2:

I'm here, I'm here! :hyper: I'm super excited for your TR, because your TRs are always fantastic and I loooove them. Plus, I am super excited by that little preview of you in the new Fantasyland! EEP! :bitelip: This is going to be great!

Yay Joni you made it! So glad you're here!!! :goodvibes OMG new Fantasyland...it's so fantastic, you are going to LOVE it! I seriously didn't want to leave! :dance3:

Yay glad you're here!!! :yay:

I'M HEREEEE!!!!!

And compeletely jealous of your being able to see new fantasyland!!!!!

Woo hoo, glad you made it! :woohoo:

Haha, don't worry, you will get to see it soon enough, I hope! :thumbsup2 I'm jealous of everyone who is going to get to ride the new Test Track soon! :rotfl2:

I'm so excited for your TR! We will be there similar dates next year so I'm eager to see what weather and crowd levels are like.

Thank you, thanks for joining! :thumbsup2 November is a great time to go to Disney, this is our 3rd time going the week before Thanksgiving and we love it!

I'm in :) can't wait to read your TR.

Yay, thanks for joining! :banana:

I'm here! popcorn::

Yay so glad you're here!!! :goodvibes

Subbing on... I can't wait to hear about your awesome trip...:thumbsup2

(I've been MIA on the boards for a couple of days and am still recovering from a 48 hour turkey/carb coma...:rotfl:) I've got to pull it together...;)

Bring it...popcorn::

Woo hoo, glad you're here! :banana:

Haha, I haven't had much DIS time either, and not from eating too much, from shopping too much! I swore I wouldn't take part in the Black Friday madness, but I did...and then again yesterday too! :rotfl2: So I'm still so far behind with everyone!

Finally made it. So glad I haven't missed too much yet.
I never did see you, but for all I know, we were standing rigth next to each other a few times. :rotfl2:

We sw the new Fantasyland expansion twice too. We LOVED it.

Yay, glad you're here! :cool1:

Haha, we probably were! I tried to follow along with you on FB to see where you were, but I couldn't tell between with the cruise and everything!

Isn't the new Fantasyland amazing??? OMG I loved every inch of it! :lovestruc

I am late but I'm here. I have hardly done any DISing lately with my computer dying...atleast my new one is on the way so I can get caught up on everybody's reports!

AHHH I am so jealous you got to see Fantasyland already. Why is it not April? :sad2::sad2:

Yay, you're not late, I haven't even started yet! :banana: I've hardly done any DIS'ing since I've been back, I just haven't had the time! :confused3 It was hard adjusting from Disney to going back to work and then having 4 days off for Thanksgiving, now I have to adjust to going to work all over again! :faint:

I can't wait for you to see New Fantasyland! It's unbelievable! :thumbsup2

Are We Actually Going to Make it to DISNEY WORLD???

Arrival Day 11/8

Sooo you know how usually the days before a Disney trip you are overcome with happiness and excitement and you're just counting down the hours until you leave?

Well that didn't happen on this trip. Let me rewind a few days before Arrival Day...

For about a week before our trip, our local weatherman had been forecasting a Nor'easter for the day before we leave for our trip, possibly going into our Arrival Day. So I of course, got all panicked, and thought about changing our dates a little, maybe going a few days early...I mean, I was seriously freaking out! :scared1: Brandon of course, kept saying it would be fine, and not to do anything, because he doesn't worry about anything ever.

After freaking out for a few days, it got to be maybe Tuesday, 2 days before we were supposed to leave, and by then, it was too late to change our plans. The forecast for CT was saying we would get light snow, and then it would turn to rain. It seemed like everything would be fine...until Wednesday got here and the snow started falling. Hard.

Usually, the day before a trip, I'm as happy as can be, with a little drop of stress added in, since I wait until the day before we leave to pack, which can be a little stressful. It was snowing SO hard that day, so I was in a horrible, horrible mood. I went back and forth between crying and being angry all day...poor Brandon! :faint: All the NY airports were cancelling flights for Wednesday AND Thursday, so I was on the Southwest website constantly monitoring our flight from Hartford.

For some reason, I waited until 5:00 to let myself do any packing. By then, no flights were cancelled out of Hartford, so I figured if no flights were cancelled on Wednesday, we should be ok for Thursday...the snow should stop right?

So I packed and kept checking the weather and nagging Brandon and saying "our flight is gonna be cancelled, I know it" and he just didn't want to hear it. He packed his stuff and tried to go to sleep. I went back to packing and panicking, because I truly did not know if we would make it out of CT the next morning. My cat, Belle, tried to cheer me up by stowing herself away in my suitcase:

IMG_1524.jpg

(Sorry she's blurry, she wouldn't stop moving!)

Around midnight I figured I should attempt to sleep. We had to wake up at 2:30 to leave for the airport at 3:30 so I wanted to try to get some sleep. I did sleep a little, but it was broken, because I kept getting on my phone and checking Southwest to see if our flight was still scheduled.

We woke up at 2:30, got all of our last minute things together, put our luggage in the car and started the drive to the airport. This is what we had to drive through:

IMG_1528.jpg

I am not a good driver in the snow, thank God Brandon was driving, because if I had to, we would have never gotten there. The roads were SO awful, even the highway to the airport. I guess they figured they didn't have to plow at 3 in the morning, so there was just one lane clear, which everyone was crammed into trying to drive. It was a horrible drive, we got to the airport around 5:30, which means it took 2 hours to get there! It's about an hour drive from my house. :eek:

We went in, checked our luggage, got breakfast at Mc Donald's like we always do, and then we sat at our gate for a while. I went up to the window, and of course, by the time we got there the snow had stopped, and look, you can even see a little blue sky in the background!

IMG_1532.jpg

It was then that I think I finally was able to relax and really get excited about Disney, and realize that we would actually get there! Our flight left Hartford ON TIME, we even made it to Florida 20 minutes early!

IMG_1534.jpg

I don't think I've ever been happier to step into MCO and smell that lovely Florida air and see my first glimpse of a palm tree in my life, after all the stress I put myself through before!

We hopped on the mini-monorail

IMG_1536.jpg

and ran down to baggage claim to grab our bags. Our bags were like, the first ones out, that never happens! I was so happy we were just able to get our stuff and go over to Alamo to get our car so quickly, sometimes it seems like you wait for your luggage forever!

We went outside to pick out our car, which seemed to take forever. I don't even bother making any suggestions, because Brandon is going to drive all week, and he was agonizing over like, 5 different cars. There wasn't much to choose from, and he kept going back and forth between the 5 cars that were there. He would decide on one, put our stuff in, and then say no, he wants a different one. FINALLY he picked one, and I said "uh, where is your suitcase?"

He thought I was joking, but really...I had no idea where his suitcase was. So we had to go through ALL of the cars we just looked at, and it was nowhere to be found! We obviously picked it up at baggage claim, so it must be somewhere between there and Alamo, right?

We ran back to the Alamo counter, and we saw one of the Alamo people picking his suitcase up, which was sitting right in front of the counter. Brandon ran over and told them it was his, and we got all of our things, including his suitcase this time, went back outside, and again, chose our car. A lovely silver Toyota Camry, in case anyone was wondering. :rotfl:

IMG_1538.jpg

We loaded up our stuff and we were off! We kept talking about how we hoped that was it for the drama and we could just enjoy ourselves for the rest of the trip, because I'm telling you, it seemed like everything that could have gone wrong before this trip did! So we were assuming the "lost" suitcase was the last of it, and our vacation was finally beginning!

Before I knew it, we saw this amazing sight, the thing you wait for months, sometimes years to see, the icon that lets you know that you are officially in Disney World:

P1000023.jpg

YAY!!!! :dance3: We're here!!!!

We were starving by then, so our first stop wasn't our resort or a park...it was Downtown Disney!

P1000025.jpg

I had been dreaming of Earl of Sandwich since our May trip, so we had to go there first!

Of course, there was a huge line, so Brandon waited and I grabbed a table outside. The weather was absolutely perfect, warm but not too hot. I just looked around and kept thinking "I'm here! I'm really REALLY here! :hyper:" I was SO happy to be home, when all week I was thinking we might not make it! Downtown Disney was already decorated for the holidays, which made me even happier, and my table was right near one of the beautiful trees!

IMG_1542.jpg

After about 15 minutes (the line goes pretty fast at EoS, even when it seems super long!) Brandon came out with our sandwiches. He got a tuna melt, which I didn't take a picture of, and I got the glorious Holiday Sandwich.

IMG_1540.jpg

This is probably the best sandwich on earth. You know how Joey on Friends feels about sandwiches? Well I'm kind of the same way when it comes to this sandwich. It has all of my favorite things on it, which is basically Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce on the most yummy bread ever! Brandon had a bite of mine and instantly regret his boring tuna melt. :rotfl:

Once we finished eating, I wanted to get to our resort so we could shower and get ready to go to a park, but we had to stop at Guest Services first. Our package didn't officially start until the next day, so we had to get our tickets a day early, and I remembered from last year that the Guest Services on the Marketplace side couldn't print tickets. Or maybe it was just broken last year. Either way, we ended up walking all the way to the West Side, which is a hike, to Disney Quest to get our tickets. We had a super nice CM who gave us our tickets with no problem (I always read on the DIS that they are trying to not allow this anymore, so I sometimes get nervous!) and we were on our way!

Up next...checking in to our adorable resort, and first park of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter