no one posted yet about fantasy land plans,,?

I cannot wait, gives me real reason to save and take DD for when its all finished.

Yay another excuse to go back. Already thinking of a DIY trip 2012/2013 so its decided now!:banana:

Ooh, this looks good. :thumbsup2 This trip is supposed to be our last for a bit as we are planning on doing the West Coast next but now I am not so sure! :rotfl:

Yes but they are going to have new ones near the entrance to the park.

But they're getting rid of Minnie and Mickey's houses :'(

Pixie Hollow is going to be a massive hit as the fairys are extremly popular, people queue for hours to meet them . It is easy to move Mickey & Minnie. This is a fantastic idea for Disney updating to the currant market, aslong as they keep the classics in like Peter Pan.

Oh wow, part of me quite sad, part quite happy they're re-developing.

Sad because MY childhood Fantasyland will be gone, happy because it all helps with continuing to make Disney bigger and better and will hopefully help compete with HPW at Universal.

I think the only time I'd see the new area though is when I maybe have my own price or princess, as after next year's trip, I can't see anymore in the near future at all :sad1: I shall have to live it through the pictures as they emerge! :)

Oh wow, part of me quite sad, part quite happy they're re-developing.

yeah I think they need to be careful still apeal to the nostaligic guest as alot of older people like the rides that remind them of their childhood, so hopefully it is done to appeal to the new disney generation as well as keeping some of the well loved classics.

Ooh, this looks good. :thumbsup2 This trip is supposed to be our last for a bit as we are planning on doing the West Coast next but now I am not so sure! :rotfl:

Well I would do Disneyland in 2012 when the California Adventure refurb is done, then maybe WDW for this the year after!!

It will be 2013. It is our silver wedding anniversary that year and we planned on doing New York, Vegas and California. WDW will be 2014 or 2015. Can I wait that long? ;)

looking at some of the pictures looks like a very DLP fantasyland fairytale look which should be fab. I never warmed to Fantasyland at MK so I think this is going to be a massive improvement.:thumbsup2

It does looks like they will be keeping the old rides too?

Ooh looks like they're moving Voyage of the Little Mermaid over from DHS, wonder what will replace it there...?
It all looks really exciting! I like the idea of 2 Dumbos (should ease the queues a bit!) and areas for each princess :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter