No Need For DVA?!.

I will stick with DVA for the moment. Like the extra bucks I can get with it.

This transfer option just came available yesterday. No one probably knows for sure what the minimum balance is. Be the guinea pig. Let us know.
I was able to add a card with $4 on it and I have an option to transfer to it, so it looks possible.

My kids had a bunch of gift cards for souvenirs on our last cruise. It was a pain to keep track of which had what on it. This will be great to combine their gift cards and keep all of their souvenir money in one place.

I'm sticking with DVA too but not going to put my spending cash in DVA anymore. I've had problems with refunds and requesting gift cards. I'm pretty sure gift cards don't qualify for bonus. Really happy about having both options.

I'm sticking with DVA too but not going to put my spending cash in DVA anymore. I've had problems with refunds and requesting gift cards. I'm pretty sure gift cards don't qualify for bonus. Really happy about having both options.

Ok, I'm confused. Gift cards don't qualify for bonus?

Ok, I'm confused. Gift cards don't qualify for bonus?
Fine print seems to say that. I,personally, wouldn't/don't know for sure because my 2 accounts are so convoluted that I'm not sure what's been spent,refunded,returned on gc. I know I've never gotten a bonus. I probably spent around $2000 on hotel and tix. I'm guessing $999 on each acccount.

If you put $2,000 into a DVA and pay WDW $1,800 and request a $200 gift card back, you only get a $20 bonus because your spending was only $1,800.

Spend it all and get $40 bonus. DVA gives you a 2% bonus for every $1000 you spend towards "Disney Vacation Expenses".

I will stick with DVA for the moment. Like the extra bucks I can get with it.

Me too. I multiply bonuses. Use cash back (2%) or points CC to buy Discounted Gift Cards (4-6% discount). Use those Gift Cards to buy Disney Gift Cards (at a 5% discount) and load that into DVA for another 2% bonus. All said and done, 13-15% savings. Adds up when you can pay room, tickets, dining plan, recreation, merchandise and even air fare.

Never leave money on the table!

Spend it all and get $40 bonus. DVA gives you a 2% bonus for every $1000 you spend towards "Disney Vacation Expenses".

Spend it on what? Are you saying that we get 2% towards gift card requests? That would be great but I don't think that is the case. DVA needs a old thermometer like graph that shows how close we are towards bonus! Young people: Thermometers weren't always digital and they weren't always stuck in you ear.

You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account
Qualified vacation purchases include vacation packages for the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort, theme park tickets, room stays, cruise fare, and vacations by Adventures By Disney. Purchases of Disney Gift Cards are not qualified vacation purchases for purposes of this Bonus Program.

Spend it on what? Are you saying that we get 2% towards gift card requests? That would be great but I don't think that is the case. ....

No. The example was put $2000 in but only spend $1800. You only get $20 bonus if you refund $200 at that point to a GC. I'm saying spend in multiples of $1000. Spend all $2000 and get $40 bonus.

The other thing in the fine print worth pointing out - Your DVA must be open for 120 days before expenses are eligible for the bonus.

Yes to the thermometer idea! Just like my health insurance shows me how much I've paid toward deductible or out-of-pocket.

Kirk, So are you saying if you don't make it to $1000, stay another day? I can get behind that. No one wants to be fiscally irresponsible.

Kirk, So are you saying if you don't make it to $1000, stay another day? I can get behind that. No one wants to be fiscally irresponsible.

No, he's saying that you don't get 2% back for just putting money into DVA and then asking for it back as a gift card. He's very obviously not saying stay at Disney for an extra day and pay hundreds to get another $20 gift card.

This is awesome! I had a couple of cards that gave me an error message and said they weren't eligible for transfer, but there was no explanation. Still, I was able to condense 9 cards down to 2 including one card with $3.72 left on it from last year.

This transfer option just came available yesterday. No one probably knows for sure what the minimum balance is. Be the guinea pig. Let us know.

Yesterday I transferred $7.16 from an old Food and Wine gift card onto the one we bought last year. Doesn't seem like there is a minimum.

so glad to hear this think from now on I will have to start figuring out the gc site.
wonder if you can do this with all those target ones

I just transferred 15, $50 gift cards purchased from Sam's Club onto one gift card. It was super easy to do, and this will be so much easier than requesting gift cards from my DVA, for food. I will still use my DVA for hotel room payoff, memory maker, and tickets which will still allow me to earn the bonuses, but now I don't have to go through the hassle of calling in for my gift card...waiting 3 weeks for it...and waiting another 3 months until I can request another.

What a great thing to FINALLY offer!

Can anyone think anything we might be missing? Like the pros and cons. Specifically the cons. We have a few data points about this. havaneselover and isaboo let us know that we could combine our smaller gift cards. Isatricia told us about only being able to have 5 cards on your account. Just hoping there's no important points that we're missing. Limit on tranfers? Gc spontaneously combust if abused?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter