No more "real" cadbury at Epcot UK?

oh hell I hope not. I will be there next week and can report back.

At last, my opportunity to become the international rogue I've always wanted to be: Cadbury smuggler:smokin:

At last, my opportunity to become the international rogue I've always wanted to be: Cadbury smuggler:smokin:

This really made me laugh... :lmao:

How much will you pay me NOT to turn you in? I'm thinking a bag of Hershey's kisses and my silence is assured... Wait a minute! That can't be right!!

~NM

I do not understand this lawsuit.

They say it is because the Cadbury items look like Hershey items. ITS CHOCOLATE!!!!! Of course they are going to look a like!

I now do not want anything Hershey. I am not a big candy fan, but this makes me so angry because the ONE thing I like that is pure sugary goodness is the Cadbury egg during Easter. Thanks Hershey for screwing us over! Good job!

Hey Cadbury smuggler - come visit my house!

I do not understand this lawsuit.

They say it is because the Cadbury items look like Hershey items. ITS CHOCOLATE!!!!! Of course they are going to look a like!

I now do not want anything Hershey. I am not a big candy fan, but this makes me so angry because the ONE thing I like that is pure sugary goodness is the Cadbury egg during Easter. Thanks Hershey for screwing us over! Good job!

Hey Cadbury smuggler - come visit my house!

Pretty sure it is because Hershey brand makes their own "Cadbury" items to sell and their argument was that the Cadbury made over seas was infringement.

So apparently--us American consumers are too stupid to tell the difference and that is costing Hershey. (They should know it is their artificial vanilla that does it for me. Blek!)

We have a British shoppe locally and I am wondering what they can legally import.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/621141

OK, now that makes more sense. The original article posted confused the heck out of me. So basically the Cadbury egg (a Hersheys licensed product apparently) will still be here, that is all that matters to me. I am now happy LOL

I have my heart set on smuggling Kinder Eggs....so very hard to resist. :tiptoe:

From what I have figured out Hershey makes and markets Cadbury products in the US. By the other Cadbury importing their product here in the US, it is biting (pun intended) into Hershey's profits.

I will be very disappointed if I can't get an Aero bar when I'm in the UK pavilion in 31 days.

I wonder what Cost Plus/World Market is going to do? They carry a lot of Cadbury products.

All you Cadbury lovers come up North to Canada....

We've got what you need...

Sadly even the Canadian stuff isn't the same formula, but it's closer than Hershey's version. However, I assume you will still be able to import it from the UK. So thanks, I'll be up. I live by the border ;)

This is so stupid. The British version are mostly better, so of course the greedy American companies don't want people buying them. Malteasers are so much better than the hard, fake tasting Whoppers Hershey makes.

years ago, the Cadbury eggs at Easter were imports. and then greedy Hershey got the rights to make and sell them. there is a huge taste difference. I think the imported product will be available if we are willing to get it in Canada, or an approved US seller. I hope so , anyway. I am ready , willing and able to pay for the product to be sent south to me from the north.

If you all hear of a crazy American buying it all next week in Epcot, that will be me. No, it will not be on Ebay. In my cupboard, certainly. :goodvibes

Luckily my sister lives in Vancouver, BC. So glad to have my own personal smuggler! Will be trying the Canadian version of Skittles for our Super Bowl party! All Canadian candy tastes better IMO (even the Hershey's brands) because they can't get away with cheaper ingredients. If it says milk chocolate, it has to be milk chocolate.

I have my heart set on smuggling Kinder Eggs....so very hard to resist. :tiptoe:

LoL!
I live in Germany and my kids love these!! I also smuggle them in when I come back home for friends. Has to do with a stupid law outlawing foods packaged together with non-edibles.

I recall a thread last year saying Epcot no longer sells the imported. Not sure though. If anyone is at WDW now, maybe they can report back.

LoL!
I live in Germany and my kids love these!! I also smuggle them in when I come back home for friends. Has to do with a stupid law outlawing foods packaged together with non-edibles.

Kinder Eggs and Yogurette...my family's addicted!! We look like crazy people on a game show, hunting for chocolate in Germany!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter