No more High Tea?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by WickedDreamer, Feb 25, 2013.

1. WickedDreamer

WickedDreamer Mouseketeer

Hey everyone,

I was just doing some more research for our upcoming Disney Cruise, we will be sailing on the Dream in October and we had both heard about the High Tea and Brunch available at Palo. Recently I just read the High Tea had been cancelled and just wanted to find out if it was true?

Thanks heaps
    Shannon

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

Yes there is no more high tea.

I believe it's discontinued since 2011.

4. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

Strictly speaking, what was served was afternoon tea not high tea (although I k ow it was called 'high tea' at Palo). The brunch is more like the traditional high tea really. I found that most people in the US call this meal high tea, so perhaps it is named differently in the USA. Here is a link explaining the difference between afternoon tea and high tea (in England, anyhow) :)

http://www.gastronommy.com/2010/11/difference-between-high-tea-and.html

5. CMOORE185

CMOORE185 HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

The last cruise we went on my wife and I did the high tea and the waitress informed us that it was going away after our cruise. The reason was lack of interest. In fact it was only us and a women by herself in attendance.

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

They only allowed a limited number of reservations for the tea. Due to the popularity of brunch, they eliminated the tea to allow extended hours for that. :)

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Brunch was far more popular than the tea, so brunch hours were extended instead of offering the tea.