No more expiration! Ugh!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mrsksmithvt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mrsksmithvt

mrsksmithvt Mouseketeer

Walt Disney World ends no-expire option for theme park tickets

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flu...gn=Feed:+ThemeParkInsider+(Theme+Park+Insider)

"Written by Robert Niles
    Published: January 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Thanks to Twitter follower Dustin Harter for catching this. But when you go to the page to order tickets on Walt Disney World's new website, you'll find that you no longer can add the option to keep your Disney World theme park tickets from expiring."

Isn't Walt Disney World just pushing loyal Disney customers away?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

That's magical! Thanks Bobby. New nickname: Bobby Magic!

4. Suger Mag

Suger Mag MamaBear

No expiration is still available through Southwest tickets at least for now...

5. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

1) Ah, the magical world of Disney.
    2) Always concerned about the welfare of the guest.
    3) Now, you don't have to worry about losing older tickets.
    4) Ain't Disney wonderful?

6. DVC4FUN

DVC4FUN Mouseketeer

Saw this in the mousesavers newsletter today as well. Nonexpire option was removed from the signs at ticket booths in wdw. Not to mention that it is also no longer available online on disney site either. It seems if you are planning atrip soon buying the tickets NOW would be best before noexpire is completely gone. Ticket sellers still have them and you can get it by calling disney tickets department. Also if you ask for it at the ticket booths.

7. WebmasterCricket

WebmasterCricket <font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red> Administrator

Ok, who said they don't want to have a non-expiring ticket on the survey??? Fess up now!

8. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

no-expiry will be a pita when admission media is a wrist bracelet which is cut off and discarded after your trip. Might have been the final nail in the coffin.

9. coloneldebugger

coloneldebugger Mouseketeer

Pretty sure they are still available if you call the reservations phone number. They were only taken off the website.

10. Mikelly1221

Mikelly1221 DIS Veteran

I bought AP vouchers from AAA but I was not planning on activating them until next Sept. Do you think it will be ok to wait that long or will they expire?

11. super mike b

super mike b DIS Veteran

I really hope that they re-think this one! :mad:

12. ppan77

ppan77 DIS Veteran

This is a shame! As a south Georgia family this is how Disney got us twice a year. Our non expiring tix were worth the cost up front over AP. Would last over two years:mad:

13. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

This makes me sad too. Even worse since our summer vacation will be a biggie and I really can't afford to buy 4 10-day non exp tickets right now.
    Sigh...:sad2: They keep finding ways to give us less.

14. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

That is due to the fact tickets will also be gone soon as well.
    Since they are going to the NGE and the RFID braclets which replaces ; tickets, resort room keys , fast pass, and you have all the buying capabilities on that one braclet as well. Sounds super cool doesn't it. The IT dept. at WDW is working in it's second year of a 5 year project to get this "baby" to work. Got all this info from a IT dept. Bus driver working an extra shift on his way to DTD. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

15. DanInMN

DanInMN Mouseketeer

If it's the same IT department that created the new, broken, web site... the chances of the RFID system working are not good.

16. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

They've been using them on children on the ships for a few years. It makes it so easy to sign kids in & out of the clubs. The parents still have to give the password of course.

17. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

The no expire option is still available on the Disney Travel Agent website...strange.

18. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

From what I've been reading on different Disney fan sites, you still purchase the nonexpiration option if you call Central Reservations or ask at the ticket windows at the parks.

19. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

I really hope they dont discontinue it, I usually buy a 10 day ticket with no expiration and it works out really well for my family and I , who happen to go there once a year .

20. ChoppityChops

ChoppityChops Mouseketeer

Honestly, if I were the Disney execs making this decision, I would not allow no-expiration options at all. To have the expectation that you can buy a 10-day ticket, and take 2 5 day trips is absurd. I don't mean this as a flame (just my humble opinion), but I haven't seen a single reason that adequately demonstrates the position that this is something that Disney is required/should be offering; All I've seen are people being angry that they'll have to pay more now.

It's like going to a store, and buying a 12 pack of hamburger buns, and expecting to be able to use 6 now, and then come back in a year and grab the other 6. Discounts are offered for bulk purchases in the immediacy - not to use some time later. I mean, I get that we as consumers don't want to pay more for a product we already get for less, but frankly, this should be more of a "darn - it was great while it lasted" rather than a "woe is us! Disney's screwing us!"

All that said, I do blame Disney for ever offering this option; from a business perspective - terrible idea.

21. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

obviously we look at things differently as I look at it like this...............

It's like going to a store, and buying a 12 pack of hamburger buns, and expecting to be able to use 6 now, and put the other 6 in the freezer for the next weekend . Discounts are offered for bulk purchases to use some time later.

When I go to Sams Club/Costco this is my thinking at least. There is no way I can eat the sizes they sell so I buy in bulk to save money and to use SOME OF IT NOW and SOME OF IT LATER

So yeah we are totally on opposite fences here LOL