No more AP rates for Friday and Saturday night?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I heard there is going to be no more AP rates for Friday and Saturday nights? Any info on this? I was wanting to add two nights onto a DVC May trip. Thanks!

Well, I haven't seen an official announcement. We went on and booked thru DVC with their discount for a Fri & Sat night June stay (it was about 25% of rack rate). If a better rate comes out we will switch.

The current (through Feb. 12) AP rate excludes Friday and Saturday nights. The next AP discount also has the same restrictions. I checked rates on-line via passholder website and found that it was slightly discounted from rack $135 (AP) vice $150 at Pop Century.

What's Disney thinking? - I was thinking of adding weekend dates during ESPN the WEEKEND (emphasis added) but the on-site rates are ridiculous - $150 for Pop Century -- I'm sorry but a Disney Value resort is not worth that much a night especially when for that weekend you could book Dolphin at $170 (roughly) with discount. I was also thinking of booking a Thurs arrival departing Wed of following week trip at Wilderness Lodge but the weekend pricing made the whole thing impossible. So instead of staying on-site for 6 nights, I wound up booking on-site for a Sun. - Thurs. stay in a value resort and staying off-site the remainder of the time (four more nights). This is not what I really wanted to do but the resort pricing with AP discount was not worth staying weeknds. Disney seems to be discouraging AP holders from staying on-site for a weekend get-a-aways which seems short sighted. It seems the marketing strategy is let's discourage one of our most loyal fan groups but yet give away 3 days if you book four nights with a package. Even DVC management has realized that its members like weekends and changed the DVC point scheme for 2010 to lower weekend nights and raised weekdays slightly.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

The current (through Feb. 12) AP rate excludes Friday and Saturday nights. The next AP discount also has the same restrictions. I checked rates on-line via passholder website and found that it was slightly discounted from rack $135 (AP) vice $150 at Pop Century.

What's Disney thinking? - I was thinking of adding weekend dates during ESPN the WEEKEND (emphasis added) but the on-site rates are ridiculous - $150 for Pop Century -- I'm sorry but a Disney Value resort is not worth that much a night especially when for that weekend you could book Dolphin at $170 (roughly) with discount. I was also thinking of booking a Thurs arrival departing Wed of following week trip at Wilderness Lodge but the weekend pricing made the whole thing impossible. So instead of staying on-site for 6 nights, I wound up booking on-site for a Sun. - Thurs. stay in a value resort and staying off-site the remainder of the time (four more nights). This is not what I really wanted to do but the resort pricing with AP discount was not worth staying weeknds. Disney seems to be discouraging AP holders from staying on-site for a weekend get-a-aways which seems short sighted. It seems the marketing strategy is let's discourage one of our most loyal fan groups but yet give away 3 days if you book four nights with a package. Even DVC management has realized that its members like weekends and changed the DVC point scheme for 2010 to lower weekend nights and raised weekdays slightly.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

I agree! I hope this backfires for Disney. We're DVC owners and usually stay at a mod resort with an AP rate for the weekends Yes, DVC did lower the points for weekend stays, but raised weekdays, so it comes out costing us a lot more points that we just don't have. The net effect of this is, if we want to stay in Florida more than five or six nights, we'll be looking offsite for the remaining days, probably at a Universal resort.

I'm going in March for Spring break and got the AP rate for Sun-Thurs. I want to come in a day earlier and would have to pay rack at POP which is $169. Um, NO! I just went through Priceline and got the Hyatt Grand Cypress for $120.

POP Century is not worth $169 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter