No longer a Pop Century fan

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CraftyMommy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

2,880 rooms to be exact!! ;)
    72 rooms per floor, 4 floors per bldg. = 288 rooms X 10 bldgs. (Max occupancy is 11,220 - this does not account for infants qualified to sleep in pack & plays)
    When POP Century opened it was the 10th largest hotel in the US and the 27th largest in the world.
    Just in case you wanted to know....LOL!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. agavegirl1

agavegirl1 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at everything from a Motel 6 to a 5 star in Florence Italy. Every vacation comes with different expectations. Clean and habitable are the minimum. If the POP is not that, I'll voice my opinions. As for quiet, I sleep with earplugs all the time because I can't stand background noise of any kind including traffic. At BC we had hallway noise that bothered me so I wore them. Perhaps a room NOT facing a pool area would be good. It's Disney, there will be kids and there will be people and I will be prepared.

I am giving it a shot for the kind of off-season but lacking the proximity to F&W...we will see if my BF begs for a Deluxe in the Epcot area again. I am game, I'm in the Disney Bubble.

I doubt it will be my last trip to the world so I am up for an experiment.

4. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

You'll will be fine. Also remember you can rent a car from many different rental companies in DTD. So if you find you have a need for a day or two you can take the bus into DTD and pick it up. You can also pick up the local Lynx city bus and take it to the local walmart. I think you have to get the Lynx at the TTC. Don't know on that one...

5. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

My thoughts exactly! WHY didn't you take care of the issues at the front desk? The way I know Pop - they would have had maintenance there within 20 minutes. They cannot fix something they don't know about.

As far as trash not being emptied - calling the front desk would have taken care of that situation also.

Pop management doesn't stay in all of the rooms. If there are problems - tell THEM! Complaints "after the fact" cannot be fixed. We are actually doing the front desk a favor when complaining about maintenance or housekeeping issues at any resort. It gives them the opportunity to make it right.

We love Pop! I hope you have better luck next time. Mickey doesn't want you to be upset! :goodvibes