No kids, no husbands & no rain! Girls weekend at BWI! - NEW 11/12 p16 -The End!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by DisMomAmy, Oct 6, 2010.

1. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Welcome to my girls weekend trip report!!

Who are we?

I’m Amy! I’m a SAHM to two amazing boys (7 & almost 10), a part-time bookkeeper & volunteer. I think this is my fifth TR. I got hooked on the DIS in planning for our 2007 family trip. I have two other trips in the works, The DIS Spectrum Moms trip in January & our next family trip in Feb/March. I got an AP last April & am so happy that I will using it for four trips!! I have several TR/PTR links in my signature if you want to read more about my family or my previous & upcoming adventures.

Unfortunately we don't have many photos of ourselves... We do have a bunch of photopass pictures... but you know how that works. I'll post them when I get them.

So for now you get this:
    [​IMG]

My traveling companion is Laura, who also happens to be my next door neighbor! We run the PTO together & are on the Board of Directors of our local early intervention agency together. Obviously we see a lot of each other so I don’t think either of us was concerned that we would have any problems traveling together (and we didn’t)! Laura is a historian, working at the historical society in a town nearby two day per week and a SAHM on the other days. She has two girls who are 8 & 11.

[​IMG]

When?

Thursday 9/30 – Sunday 10/3

Where?

We originally booked Port Orleans Riverside – and upgraded to a water view room shortly after booking. Then I stumbled across an amazing sale on Orbitz and we booked BWI for three nights for $400!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can’t even believe we did this, but we went back and forth about which reservation to keep!! I’m soooooo happy we stuck with BWI – and Laura is too!

Why?

We needed a break and had been talking about going to Disney for a couple years now. Why the title? Well we were without kids & without husbands so that part is obvious… but we were very concerned about rain & even the potential for hurricane Nicole leading up to our trip. I’m happy to report we didn’t see a drop of rain during our trip!

Thanks for reading!!

Up next: Arrival Day!

Links:
    Arrival Day - Part one
    Arrival Day - Part two
    Hollywood - part one
    Hollywood - part two
    Hollywood - part three
    Backlot Tour & What time is dinner? part one
    Backlot Tour & What time is dinner? part two
    Day One Recap
    A walk to Epcot - part one
    A walk to Epcot - part two
    Life Update
    Shopping
    Teppan Edo & Saving the World
    Back to the Future then more WS
    Via Napoli, Boulangerie Patisserie & Illuminations
    Day two recap & Photopass
    DTD Shopping Time!!
    A Magical Night at the Kingdom
    A Magical Night at the Kingdom - part 2
    Bye Bye BWI
    Bye Bye BWI - part 2
    More Epcot Fun
    More Epcot Fun - part 2
    So sad to say good-bye...
    So sad to say good-bye... part 2
    Life Update
    The End!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Could it be? Am I first? Going back to read! :laughing:

4. johnsonmatt3

johnsonmatt3 Let us not lose sight of one thing, It was all sta

second yay!!!

5. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Day one started REALLY early when the alarm rang at 4am! I got myself ready then drove all the way next door to pick up Laura at 4:45. :laughing: It’s creepy outside at 4:45 am! The drive to the airport was uneventful. We boarded A60 & B11. I took the aisle and Laura sat in the middle. The flight was pretty full so a man joined us. A big man. That was fine, except he slept almost the whole way to Orlando! :headache: And he SNORED – I mean really SNORED – really really loud! :headache::headache: We tried to drown him out with our ipods, but nothing helped. I felt bad for Laura. There was also a mom and son in front of us watching a movie without headphones! Uggghhh! :mad: It all worked out OK though as we arrived in Orlando on time around 10am and were on the ME bus by 11:00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we got the front row:
    [​IMG]

While we were on the bus, I checked my LINES app while we were on the bus & the FPs for TSM were already gone. :sad2:

We made one stop at POR, which I kind of enjoyed since I’ve never been there and Laura & I originally had a reservation there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next stop was BWI! (The bus was also heading to the BC & YC.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued next post...

6. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised to find our room ready at 11:45 am!! We were told we had a good room. I asked if we had two beds and we were told yes… that we had two beds plus a sofa bed so we could offer to take someone’s child for the night! :laughing: She also mentioned that we should be able to see some fireworks from our room! :cool1: I couldn’t wait to see it!!

We decided to head to concierge so Laura could get her park ticket right away. I took a few pictures while she took care of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was time to see our room!!! We went up to the fifth floor and found our room only about four doors from the elevator!!

[​IMG]

We opened the door & the room is GORGEOUS!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we opened the curtains and saw the view we had hoped for! :cloud9:

[​IMG]
    (Notice the Eiffel Tower in the background.)

[​IMG]

To the left:
    [​IMG]

To the right:
    [​IMG]

We got settled in (no luggage yet so it didn’t take long) and headed right back out to DHS! But how do we get there? :confused3

7. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

:welcome: Yes!! You are first!!

:welcome:

You guys are fast!! I hadn't finished posting... I put up two more updates! :thumbsup2

8. Cory's Gal

Cory's Gal <font color=#01DF01>I also haven't met a donut I d

Hi Amy!! Can't wait to hear all about your girls weekend!! The Boardwalk looks beautiful and a room that faces Epcot, awesome!!! :goodvibes

9. SimmerBaggins

SimmerBaggins DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm doing a girl's weekend with my BFF in February, so I can't wait to read what you ladies did!! :)

10. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Whoo hoo! I'm here and still on page one! A miracle considering how behind I am everywhere. BW looks SOOOO pretty! I can't wait to read about your trip. How lovely that your room was ready, what a perfect start. And deserved after the snoring, UGH!

11. 20thingamabobs

20thingamabobs DIS Veteran

Just saw that you started your TR! The Boardwalk looks awesome! I can't wait to stay here some time! And I really can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'm glad you didn't have any rain!

Wanted to add how excited I am to be on the first page - that's never happened before, I'm always so late...

12. MRYPPNS

MRYPPNS Practically Prefect in Every Way

So nice that your room was ready before you headed to the park. You were so worried about keeping that ressie too! Trust in Mickey!!!

13. mom3sonstt

mom3sonstt DIS Veteran

I say that you walked - for no other reason than you "could" - you'd been stuck on a plane and the ME bus, it's a beautiful day....and it's just right there. :thumbsup2: or maybe you :cool1: danced your way . But no way did you get in line for a bus

14. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

did I make page one...or not?

whew!

yay for easy arrival...eh for the snorer. Love LOVE the view, you'll have to give me the location words on that so I can try and request that for Matt and I for next yr Oct. love it! of course though we'll only need that one bed....hehehe

Can't wait for all the goods, photos and more!!!

J~

OH PS I wish you could buy that Mickey housing decor stuff...the lamps and shower curtain are great...I love the bed bolster from CSR from Steph's TR too...

15. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

Joining in on the fun!

BWI is beautiful!!! I'm definitely adding it to my list of must-try resorts.

16. irish dancer

irish dancer DIS Veteran

Ouch, that was an early wake up but it is worth it to get to WDW so early in the day. Yuck on the snoring man. :sad2:

Wow, love the room and view! Have never stayed at BWI but hope to give it a try sometime although it'll be in the villas. It'll probably have to be a trip sans kids though as the points for a 2br are high. :scared:

Can't wait to hear all about the weekend. :goodvibes

17. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

:welcome: Hi Beth!! Glad you found me! The room & resort were beautiful!!

:welcome: Yay for girls weekends!! We had so much fun! I hope you do too! :cool1:

:welcome: I know what you mean about being behind!! I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. Luckily we weren't on a red eye! Laura had hoped to catch a few winks (I can't sleep on planes) but she was out of luck with Mr. snoring man next to us!

:welcome: We were so lucky with the weather! I was sure we'd get at least a little rain & at one point thought we'd have a washout!

Congrats on page one!! :thumbsup2

:welcome: I was really excited that our room was ready! I'll always trust Mickey... It was Orbitz I was worried about! :rolleyes1 But our ressie was treated just like any other ressie & our requests were noted just as I had told them to the Orbitz agent. :thumbsup2

18. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

:welcome: Definitely didn't take a bus! There is no bus to DHS from BWI! It's by foot or by boat. ;)

:welcome: Yay for page one! Other than the snorer & DVD watcher, we were having pretty good karma on day one! The view was amazing! We requested "Two beds and a rose garden courtyard view, upper floor." :thumbsup2 But the villas are on the other side so you wouldn't be in that section. Not sure if you can get an Epcot view from BWV?? :confused3 I learned a lot from the BWI/BWV thread(s) - I think there are more than one. You should check them out if you haven't already done so.

The room decor was so classy & Disney at the same time. Everything was beautiful! And the beds were definitely comfy!

:welcome: Glad you found me! I definitely recommend BWI! :goodvibes

:welcome: Hi Anne Marie!! We were dragging later in the day from the early wake up. I don't think either of us got very much sleep the night before. Laura said she didn't get to bed until at least midnight & was up at 4! :headache:

BWI seems like the perfect resort to visit without kids. Although if given the opportunity to visit with the kids, it was kid friendly enough for them too. We saw a lot more adults without kids than we did kids. Could have been due to the half marathon though?? :confused3

19. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Here for all the fun!!! Hurray for your room being ready so early!!! The Boardwalk is just gorgeous! :lovestruc

20. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Hi Amy!:goodvibes Joining in! I'm excited to hear all about your trip! The Boardwalk looks amazing and what a view!!:thumbsup2 Can't wait for more.popcorn::

21. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I'm in! BWI for 3 nights - $400. That is a killer deal. Amazing!

Snoring eh? Try Obstructive sleep apnea. So annoying.

beautiful room and view!