No in room safe- any way to protect iPad?

ammag

DIS Veteran
id really prefer to bring my iPad for our flight (I have anxiety, games and videos will help) and to use here and there at night or early morning if I am up before my husband. Staying at the Fairfield at Marriott village. Seems the rooms have no safe and I would be very upset if this got stolen.

Are there any products you have been happy with that are not too expensive to protect electronics? Have you ever used the front desk's safe deposit boxes, and is it worth having to go to the desk to get the item? Or should I perhaps rely on an old fashioned book and my phone? I am worried wiht my phone that I will constantly need it and the portable charger to be charging in the hotel after long park days, and not being carried around to bathroom etc. (if I am up too early will go in there so as not to wake my husband)

Maybe I am too paranoid :)

Maybe I am very trusting but I just left ours out every day. If someone wants something they will find a way to get it. Maybe they need it more than I do. As far as I can tell we have only lost one thing in all the years we have stayed at Disney. A huge bag of quarters. We never noticed anything else missing.

ps There is an in room safe. It was big enough for my nephews device. Not sure what kind it was. I only locked it up because he would not stop using it.

There are also ipad specific locks you can buy on amazon or elsewhere online that allow you to lock it with small chain to a decently bolted railing/object in your room. Lots of backpackers & students use these on trips to Europe. Personally, if you don't absolutely have to have that ipad & its clearly a worry for you, I'd leave it at home & go with the phone & notepad. Less stress & anxiety. More relaxation on your vacation! I'm also paranoid about stuff in my room so get where you are coming from. :-) ps I always lock my luggage in the room like the PPs.

Why did it not occur to me to lock in my luggage? Lol. I don't travel much! I think thouGh that I will leave it home, will be good to unplug a bit anyway.

I always bring an iPad for the flights. It makes the time pass so much faster and then I also have it for night if I want to watch a movie since I rarely find stuff on tv I want to watch. Just lock in luggage. I can still unplug the rest of the time.

Does your hotel have interior or exterior corridors? If they are interior, I would guess 9 times out of 10 you will be going by the front desk as you leave for the day and return at night. So dropping it off and picking it up wouldn't be as big of an inconvenience as you might think it is. I have done that at hotels before and it wasn't a big deal. I like having an iPad along on a trip too.

I'd bring the iPad along to help with the flight anxiety for sure! Using the hotel safe deposit boxes really isn't a hassle if you're uncomfortable leaving it in the room.

I just leave electronics and expensive camera equipment in drawers in between clothes vs. sitting right out. Hotels need to hire employees who are honest. Your homeowner's insurance policy would cover the loss after your deductible. It's amazing with laptops, cameras, ipads, and iphones how much expensive stuff that gets brought on trips.

If no safe is available, I lock my Ipad in my luggage. I know somebody could get it if they really wanted it, but I at least try to make it as difficult as possible for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter