1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

No CRT? Sept?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by ryanshana, Mar 11, 2013.

1. BabyCrazyKCmommy

BabyCrazyKCmommy Mouseketeer

Finally got a call from guest services, they were very friendly, and he said that he did some investigating and actually called the general manager at CRT to find out what was going on. The Manager said that the reservations for at least the 10th maybe the other dates were on "lock down" for what ever that meant and that they would not be released till Mid MAY :furious: seriously what in the world is going on? Why wait for so long?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ArielSparrow

ArielSparrow From Fins to Fila

Wow. I was afraid of that but didn't see evidence of that being the case in previous years. I think that's when tickets go on sale for MNSSHP. I don't fully understand though, because we already can tell what dates it'll be on. Maybe it's also related to MyMagic+ somehow.

4. BabyCrazyKCmommy

Yeah I was thinking it was because of the MNSSHP but your right it could be the new RFID Passes and fast pass + things. Ugh but thats too long to wait do they not know how we like to plan our vacations I want all my ressies made so that I can move on to something else. :sad:

5. Wendy31

Wendy31 DIS Veteran

So are dates after 9/13 available for CRT?

Tomorrow is my 180+10 day, & I'll be trying for CRT on 9/15.

6. BabyCrazyKCmommy

As far as I know they are, we have one for the 14th already for CRT but we are hoping to get in on the 10th. Good luck.

7. rainbowsandroses

rainbowsandroses Earning My Ears

Yes, I booked for the 15th the other day.

In light of the new info (thanks PP) that the 10th-13th won't be booking till mid-May, I booked for the 9th today as I would rather a weekday. It completely screws up all my plans so hopefully they will open up those days or we find out why they are closed because if there is something huge going on at Disney that no one knows about, I might change our dates!

8. luvfigment

luvfigment <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

Thanks for the update. I will keep checking especially in May bc I really want the 12th for my DDs actual birthday. I am grateful I got an ADR for another MK day though. If anyone hears anything else or has luck please let us all know.

9. gawrsh2008

gawrsh2008 Mouseketeer

I tried to book for Sept 14th + 10 days after and nothing was being booked yet. Spoke to the manager at DRC and he investigated. The dates have not been loaded, but should be available by the end of the week.

10. Wendy31

Wendy31 DIS Veteran

I was able to book CRT dinner today (3/18) for 9/15.

11. ArielSparrow

Has anyone been able to book anything for 9/10-9/13 yet? I check in once and a while to see if there's anything. I know it's not May yet, but I see times listed in the schedule section, and I think it said "no times available" before. So I'm not sure if they still don't have anything, or if it was released "early" and I missed it.

12. BabyCrazyKCmommy

Not to my knowledge, I am still waiting to book my Sept 10th ressies for CRT check every day just to be safe online. Guess they were right when they said Mid May :(

13. ArielSparrow

Okay, today I chatted with a cast member by the name of Paul, and he said that CRT is scheduled for refurbishment for 9/10-9/13. :headache:

I don't know what to do. Those are the exact days I'm going to be there. I guess I'll have to do BOG. I'm more going for atmosphere than character dining.

14. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

That's odd...they are also closed a week in May for refurbishment.

15. ArielSparrow

Maybe the manager talking to BabyCrazy was reading the information wrong and interpreted the other refurb as being when the dates are released? I don't get any of it. I'm not giving up hope on getting those dates because Paul could be wrong. So far I've gotten a different answer from every person, out of the ones even able to provide answers. Now to prepare a Plan, B, C, and D...:headache:

16. BabyCrazyKCmommy

I spoke directly to a Guest Services Rep who called the gen manager of CRT for me, I believe him more than a cast memeber at this time since mousesavers said that Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom) closed 5/13/13-5/16/13 for refurbishment in the last email that I got sent this month.

Still holding out hope for CRT on the 10th of Sept but if not we have BOG ressies as a back up and CRT on the 14th Schedulded so it will work out for us but hoping to have CRT for MNSSHP date.

17. pixidust1976

pixidust1976 So Thankful

Just got off the phone with a CM trying to book CRT for September 4 and she told me that it is closed for refurb 9-4 thru 9-8. :(

18. gawrsh2008

gawrsh2008 Mouseketeer

I just checked the calendar for September. It's actually being refurbed 9/4 - 9/8 and 9/10 - 9/13. It will be open fully on the 14th.

19. Wendy31

Wendy31 DIS Veteran

Our ADR is for 9/15... it looks like we got lucky!

20. VeronicaB

VeronicaB Mouseketeer

I just cancelled a dinner reservation for 9/9 because I just couldn't make the kids do a 9:20 just to do CRT. They will have to deal with the princess breakfast at Akershus. I know, I'm mean.

21. gawrsh2008

gawrsh2008 Mouseketeer

You are NOT mean. I've actually heard from many guests that the interaction is much better at Akershus. You'll have a wonderful time!