No CM Christmas Party this year

jlmarr

Fenton's Banana Special. Just sayin'.
It just occurred to me that the annual DLR CM Christmas Party should have been tonight - normally we would hear 6pm fireworks as DL closes early to the public on the first Monday of December. Checked another site to learn that indeed it was cancelled after being held every year since Disneyland opened. Wondering what the CM's think of that?

My DH is actually a cast member in California Adventure. He said a lot of people were really disappointed that there was no cast member party. Instead they gave them a few extra open days in the month of December to bring guests and a discount coupon for one of the restaurants. He was really bummed out.

This is real kick in the pants to the CMs.

My husband went every year as a guest of his friend. We would both go over to World of Disney and I would pick out some things and our friend would buy them with his Christmas discount and then the fellas would go have a blast in the Park.

Cheap eats, no lines, an annual tree ornament! So much fun!

Bah Humbug!

I'm guessing there have been people who have come, didn't check the calendar, and complained when the found out that the park was closed for a private function.

I'm sure they get complaints when it closes down every year for Grad Night (and I remember riding Star Tours at 5 AM) especially since it's a weekend. And haven't some deep pockets buyers rented out the park for private parties. The one thing I remember was Liz Taylor having her birthday party there.

I feel sorry for all of the CM's that were looking forward to Disney's annual Christmas party. I can only imagine how disappointing it must be that it did not take place last year.
Maybe this year it will be twice as grand as in the past? I wonder for what reason it had not been held? Maybe it was not in the budget after DCA'S expansion? Maybe just the Christmas Grinch came a callin? Enquiring minds would like to know, especially if they are in the heads of current Cast Members .....

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter