No classic Donald for meet and greets?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by akayf, Jun 30, 2013.

1. CampbellScot

CampbellScot DIS Veteran

As a major Donald Duck fan, I too was irked by the lack of photo ops with my favorite Duck in his sailor suit! It became a mission. I found both Donald and Daisy in their classic attire at Hollywood Studios right next to the big blue hat. (although I am hearing that is no longer the case. BOO!!!) Also Donald is in his sailor suit at the Picture Spot at Epcot, plus a cute background!! Best of luck on your mission!! ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

I sent a letter to guest relations saying how awful it was that I couldn't meet "classical" Donald anywhere and I got a canned response saying I could meet him at Pete's. I think they don't get why it's important to us to meet him as he was designed. Maybe it's time we all sent some letter and let them know this is not acceptable. How come the other 4 get to meet on their classical attire and not Donald?.

Not anymore though. Donald now only meets in Mexico with his poncho and Sombrero.

There's no where in WDW where he meets in his sailor suit.

4. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

As you've learned, Donald is not "scheduled" to meet anywhere in his classic sailor overlay. HOWEVER, he does make weekly pop up appearances at Epcot in his Sailor Suit (as recently as... TODAY). Pop up appearances are impossible to plan for because you will not find a set schedule for them and you will have even less luck trying to find a CM that knows if he's appearing.

He is most likely to appear between Canada/UK or America/Italy in the mid afternoons (1-4ish). Your best chance is to ask the CM at the coffee spots in the same areas if they've seen any characters out that day, and maybe they'll remember if Donald was one.

Sometimes he's out everyday, sometimes you may not seen him for several days.

As for all his other locations, here's a link to all my Donald Photos around WDW:

DONALD DUCK

5. kennythepirate

kennythepirate <font color=blue>Bad Mood t' Blackhearted<br><font

6. CuppieCake04

CuppieCake04 Mouseketeer

we meet him last year at the Epcot character meet place at the front of the park, and he was in his classic outfit. :)

[​IMG]

7. 101disneyfan

101disneyfan Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Donald Duck is no longer featured in the Epcot Character Spot. It is only Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.

8. texasteacher35

texasteacher35 DIS Veteran

I wonder why they changed that????

9. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom <font color=red>AXIOM Crew Member<br><font color=p

That's who we saw last week.

10. texasteacher35

texasteacher35 DIS Veteran

Where did u see him?

11. kennythepirate

kennythepirate <font color=blue>Bad Mood t' Blackhearted<br><font

The ONLY place Sailor Donald would have been spotted is at a Training Meet in Epcot. Donald doesn't meet at all in Epcot Character Spot and wears costumes at EVERY other meet in Disney World.